News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Epcot82Guy

Yes. I agree. The World Celebration (current version) redo has a number of problems - but adding greenery isn't one of them. Even if the had left the original Communicore plaza alone, it certainly would need a refresh by design standards (though the FWW/World Nature side has held up better than you would expect).

I am afraid of bottlenecks with the design (part of the justification for the plaza of Innoventions). But, that can be solved by the World Nature and World Discovery entry points creating new access points beyond the central plaza.

tparris

Yes. I agree. The World Celebration (current version) redo has a number of problems - but adding greenery isn't one of them. Even if the had left the original Communicore plaza alone, it certainly would need a refresh by design standards (though the FWW/World Nature side has held up better than you would expect).

I am afraid of bottlenecks with the design (part of the justification for the plaza of Innoventions). But, that can be solved by the World Nature and World Discovery entry points creating new access points beyond the central plaza.
Considering the confusing walkways that we almost got as well as the construction walls we’ve had for the past 3 years, I don’t think bottlenecks will be any more of a problem than they were before/are now.
2B17527D-3C00-4F7D-9B16-DF655145DB23.jpeg
0743E474-8BB4-4530-93AB-574FDF9238C8.jpeg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Epcot is, and always has been a mess in the front of the park when it comes to crowd flow as there are no straight paths to dispersion points. The designers got cute and put objects right in the middle of paths so during periods of high traffic it's a miserable experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Epcot is, and always has been a mess in the front of the park when it comes to crowd flow as there are no straight paths to dispersion points. The designers got cute and put objects right in the middle of paths so during periods of high traffic it's a miserable experience.
They learned it from Walt who thought a forty minute delay getting across a lake while getting into the Magic Kingdom was a trivial price to pay to see the entrance without a parking lot nearby.
You. Will. See. Our. Thematic. Design.
(Even though it becomes a great inconvenience to the guest experience on crowded days.)

Indy_UK

World celebration looks like it could be fun for News Years Eve if they end up having performers at the new communicore building

Bocabear

I guess World Celebration could be fun for New Years, but no one really knows what year it will be completed...Or what will be in it... except it will most likely be a big park full of trees, and some Character meet and greets...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Yeah, I looked at it when you posted it, and it definitely had it. I tried to Wayback Machine it yesteday too, and the page was unarchived, so maybe it was relatively new to begin with?

IIRC the Late 2023 for Dreamers Point was added at the same time it was added to the page for Journey of Water, which also has a Stitch Ate the Page error today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom