News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

I won't lie - an America Express add appeared right below this on my computer, advertising airport lounge access. The lounge image had tall white walls and a blue logo in neon on the wall. I thought it was an image you had posted from Epcot, and my first reaction was "When did they add a bar to Connections?" 😆
LOL! exactly my point! lol
What made the Disney parks so engaging is they created environments that were unlike anywhere else...not Anywhere USA...lol

Epcot82Guy

LOL! exactly my point! lol
What made the Disney parks so engaging is they created environments that were unlike anywhere else...not Anywhere USA...lol

Totally. Truth be told, these aren't the biggest offenders in the project. They seem to suffer more from the "details" vs. "themed" issue we see in many new projects. There are stories upon stories in the lofty towers of WDI. But, they aren't implemented in a way that most people get. They are very detailed, and there are reasons for many of the choices (some of which are very good). But, given all the iterations of design, they get lost in the final product.

By way of comparison...
- I think Steakhouse 71 and Dahlia Lounge are modern spaces, but they feel much more successfully themed.
- Riviera, Connections/Creations, Beaches & Cream, Confectionary - all feel nice and updated - but they aren't that well themed.
-Most World Showcase restaurants and shops aren't necessarily updated, but very, very well themed (not you, Creperie...)

Gran Fiesta

Do you think they will start taking the walls down in sections as they finish parts kind of like they did with connections or are they just going to open the entire center all at one time when they complete everything? Because I would be happy if even just a couple of walls came down at a time.

WDWFREAK53

Do you think they will start taking the walls down in sections as they finish parts kind of like they did with connections or are they just going to open the entire center all at one time when they complete everything? Because I would be happy if even just a couple of walls came down at a time.
I would imagine walls would move or get taken down as long as there wasn't an impact to the construction or create a dead-end

castlecake2.0

Totally. Truth be told, these aren't the biggest offenders in the project. They seem to suffer more from the "details" vs. "themed" issue we see in many new projects. There are stories upon stories in the lofty towers of WDI. But, they aren't implemented in a way that most people get. They are very detailed, and there are reasons for many of the choices (some of which are very good). But, given all the iterations of design, they get lost in the final product.

By way of comparison...
- I think Steakhouse 71 and Dahlia Lounge are modern spaces, but they feel much more successfully themed.
- Riviera, Connections/Creations, Beaches & Cream, Confectionary - all feel nice and updated - but they aren't that well themed.
-Most World Showcase restaurants and shops aren't necessarily updated, but very, very well themed (not you, Creperie...)
Has any shop or restaurant in world showcase ever received a major update in the last 40 years? I really can’t think of one, and would be scared to see what would happen if they did.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Has any shop or restaurant in world showcase ever received a major update in the last 40 years? I really can’t think of one, and would be scared to see what would happen if they did.
Wasn't Mexico largely reworked to accommodate for larger crowds? I cant think of anything besides them adding Nine Dragons or converting from Teppenyaki to Teppan Edo.

Epcot82Guy

There have been a number, but I share your concern. Most have been pretty good, but under very different management. I fear the Muppets Regal Eagle theme would permeate any new spots now. That was the most recent.

Others that have happened, though many of these are adds vs upgrades.
-Canada basically closing up shop
-small adjustments in the UK shop themes
-Les Halles and Les Glaces
-Monseigneur Paul
-Mitsukoshi expansion
-Redoing all the Italy restaurants
-Karamel Kuche
-Choza Tequila and adding La Cava and Hacienda

castlecake2.0

There have been a number, but I share your concern. Most have been pretty good, but under very different management. I fear the Muppets Regal Eagle theme would permeate any new spots now. That was the most recent.

Others that have happened, though many of these are adds vs upgrades.
-Canada basically closing up shop
-small adjustments in the UK shop themes
-Les Halles and Les Glaces
-Monseigneur Paul
-Mitsukoshi expansion
-Redoing all the Italy restaurants
-Karamel Kuche
-Choza Tequila and adding La Cava and Hacienda
I forgot about les glaces, I’m not a fan of that update, went too “cute”. UK has switched themes of the shops but no major updates to the interiors. I can’t remember what Japan looked like before. I think out of all the Disney owned/operated locations, Biergarten is feeling the most dated with le cellier close behind.

Epcot82Guy

I forgot about les glaces, I’m not a fan of that update, went too “cute”. UK has switched themes of the shops but no major updates to the interiors. I can’t remember what Japan looked like before. I think out of all the Disney owned/operated locations, Biergarten is feeling the most dated with le cellier close behind.

Agreed. And both just need a little bump IMHO. The theme and style work. They just need a refresh.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

New signage at The Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion at EPCOT includes new World Nature neighborhood​

The-Seas-with-Nemo-and-Friends_Full_48841.jpg

tparris

Anyone know why rosewalk is still lined with walls on one side? It seems like nothing has been done over there in quite some time
F0F96029-B25A-481E-BD08-B2D0C8189CC9.jpeg

DoleWhipDrea

Anyone know why rosewalk is still lined with walls on one side? It seems like nothing has been done over there in quite some timeView attachment 670800
I don't know for certain, but I've seen these walls come down intermittently depending on what festival is going on for the past few years...it seems like they're only down if the festival booth back there is used. I understand not wanting to confuse guests with an unused building, but then again, this is EPCOT...

tparris

I don't know for certain, but I've seen these walls come down intermittently depending on what festival is going on for the past few years...it seems like they're only down if the festival booth back there is used. I understand not wanting to confuse guests with an unused building, but then again, this is EPCOT...
That wouldn’t make sense though because the temporary Starbucks has been empty and unmarked yet remained completely visible and accessible since Connections opened…

bhg469

The wall has definitely gone up and down several times the past year. You're probably spot on.

bhg469

That wouldn’t make sense though because the temporary Starbucks has been empty and unmarked yet remained completely visible and accessible since Connections opened…
I am sort of surprised this building has not been re-used for a festival yet. I was almost sure it would be utilized for F&W

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom