News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

mysto

Someday soon these very same critics will be sitting next to this very statue with a milkshake, hopefully watching a new choreographed fountain.

I like the idea of dreamers point, I like the statue, and I think it will look fine when installed.

I also like some of your jokes, just the funny ones though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

221F9D4D-6ACC-4382-B620-F9D2F0F4E2EB.jpeg
077D94B4-9518-4602-AA4A-3F942A10ADF4.jpeg

Bocabear

Someday soon these very same critics will be sitting next to this very statue with a milkshake, hopefully watching a new choreographed fountain.

I like the idea of dreamers point, I like the statue, and I think it will look fine when installed.

I also like some of your jokes, just the funny ones though.
I thought the fountain was cut back when the "wishing tree" exited the building...?
The concept art has just shown planters filled with seasonal decorations...

mysto

I thought the fountain was cut back when the "wishing tree" exited the building...?
Hopefully! Hopefully looking at a fountain.

I mean who really knows sometimes what they'll do. There has been speculation about fountains at various places due to the art. I'm not claiming anything except that there'll be a change in sentiment amongst the fans a couple years after launch, at which point it becomes sacrilege to change it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hopefully! Hopefully looking at a fountain.

I mean who really knows sometimes what they'll do. There has been speculation about fountains at various places due to the art. I'm not claiming anything except that there'll be a change in sentiment amongst the fans a couple years after launch, at which point it becomes sacrilege to change it.
Fountains are so dated. Color-changing LEDs, that's what all the hip and cool consumers want these days. And Disney gives the consumers what they want!

Why put Encanto in Magic Kingdom instead of EPCOT? And come on. Coco fits perfectly with the Mexico pavilion. Why put Coco at the Magic Kingdom? What’s up with the hodge podged Blue Sky concept of cramming these IPs into Magic Kingdom. The theming of these films fit more at EPCOT.

WDWFREAK53

It really is amazing how much has been cut. I'm not saying the original concept art was great or anything, but at least it appeared as if they had a plan. The festival center tabletop building felt like old Epcot to me. Architecturally-speaking it wasn't just a facade in front of a warehouse. Dreamer's Point had the wishing tree...because that's what dreamers do...they wish. Even the magenta pathway seemed like it was purposefully done (although we don't know for sure why). Whether you liked that design or idea or not, at least they were making the spine a place that you could go, relax, and enjoy...now it is just a bunch of planters, a stage put in a weird spot, and trees.

lazyboy97o

It really is amazing how much has been cut. I'm not saying the original concept art was great or anything, but at least it appeared as if they had a plan. The festival center tabletop building felt like old Epcot to me. Architecturally-speaking it wasn't just a facade in front of a warehouse. Dreamer's Point had the wishing tree...because that's what dreamers do...they wish. Even the magenta pathway seemed like it was purposefully done (although we don't know for sure why). Whether you liked that design or idea or not, at least they were making the spine a place that you could go, relax, and enjoy...now it is just a bunch of planters, a stage put in a weird spot, and trees.
You’re reading into the art a level of difference that isn’t really there. Unless you were really into small hilly walkways the current plan offers more activity at grade instead of hiding it away on an upper floor of a festival center.

WDWFREAK53

You’re reading into the art a level of difference that isn’t really there. Unless you were really into small hilly walkways the current plan offers more activity at grade instead of hiding it away on an upper floor of a festival center.

What exactly does the current spline plan offer? Maybe I missed it.
Journey of Water is part of World Nature.

Looks like they are building a stage and an area for a meet and greet. The rest appears to be nice planters and lighting.

lazyboy97o

What exactly does the current spline plan offer? Maybe I missed it.
Journey of Water is part of World Nature.

Looks like they are building a stage and an area for a meet and greet. The rest appears to be nice planters and lighting.
It offers a stage where you can see and hear what is happening there. That’s more than a big concrete plaza with a concrete roof. It’s not very good and I would be surprised to one day see the north side of the stage blocked, but it’s something happening at the ground level.

WDWFREAK53

It offers a stage where you can see and hear what is happening there. That’s more than a big concrete plaza with a concrete roof. It’s not very good and I would be surprised to one day see the north side of the stage blocked, but it’s something happening at the ground level.
I guess... It all comes down to preference. Personally I'd much rather have some unique architecture that serves multiple purposes (the festival center) over an open-sided stage. Dreamer's Point seems to have become just a Walt statue rather than it's own little area with the Wishing Tree. Wasn't there originally an outdoor eating area planned as well?

I just don't see how we have improved. It was a giant expanse of concrete but with a great Fountain and symmetry....and now we have planters, a stage, and a Walt statue and the symmetry is gone. I do think Creations and Connections is an improvement over MouseGear and Electric Umbrella so at least the aesthetic is improving.

aladdin2007

all this world of nature world of whatever stuff, I don't think is exciting anyone nor are people going to bother follwing it, they are just pandering for justification of the mess they are making. Renaming the entire area Discovery World would have worked just fine. just my opinion on it, if anyone here does like the neighborhood names stuff then your welcome to enjoy it.

tparris

Just posted this in another thread, but I felt I should post it here as well.
I’m sitting in Connections right now, and I just overheard a guest from the UK telling their partner about how “it’s nice and relaxing, but it doesn’t feel like Disney. I could be at a mall for all I know. That’s why I’m not the biggest fan of this part of EPCOT, it’s nice but it’s not very themed. At least it’s trying. The lights are nice, but it’s a bit generic.” Never thought I’d hear that from a random guest, I thought diehards were the only people to really notice stuff like this. Not to mention they were from the UK, so they most likely don’t come extremely often. (As I finished typing this post, the same guest started complaining about Cosmic Rewind’s VQ: “I just want to ride it again. Why do I have to get in the virtual queue and why only once? If I want to enjoy something, let me enjoy it.” I know this is a strange post, but it was quite an interesting conversation to listen to and I believe some of you here will feel the same way.

tparris

Just posted this in another thread, but I felt I should post it here as well.
I should mention I actually sort of like the new aesthetics of the CC East building and what will become World Celebration, so this overheard conversation was quite eye opening for me.

Bocabear

I like what they have done in terms of bringing Creations interior and Connections. They are bright and clean spaces...more like they were sort of envisioned at the beginning...before the 90s makeover. That said, the aesthetic is not unique...it could have been a little more special, but it is nicer than Electric Umbrella, but maybe lacks that Disney Touch... It is nice, but kind of feels like a current day airport.

Epcot82Guy

I like what they have done in terms of bringing Creations interior and Connections. They are bright and clean spaces...more like they were sort of envisioned at the beginning...before the 90s makeover. That said, the aesthetic is not unique...it could have been a little more special, but it is nicer than Electric Umbrella, but maybe lacks that Disney Touch... It is nice, but kind of feels like a current day airport.

I won't lie - an America Express add appeared right below this on my computer, advertising airport lounge access. The lounge image had tall white walls and a blue logo in neon on the wall. I thought it was an image you had posted from Epcot, and my first reaction was "When did they add a bar to Connections?" 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom