News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Poseidon Quest

FYXZejvXoAIgoHo

Get a serious nostalgia hit from these benches.

The other white ones are awful, though. And the new benches look good.

Agreed. I look at these and automatically hear songs from the Innoventions loop. I'm unsure if these benches pre-dated that, but I wish that these specific ones would stay. They fit really well into the new aesthetic, even if I'm not a fan of the changes.

Haymarket2008

I feel that once they (finally) get the ball rolling on the central hub, it will come together rather quickly.....I'm not sure why things are taking so long.

James Alucobond

What's going on in the first pic? Are they just tearing up the previous pathway and reinstalling planters? I always assumed that the path that went behind Guardians was temporary, so this is what we're looking at, right?
If accurate, the site plan seems to indicate the planter is being widened slightly, but yes, it's being returned to a backstage area with lots of greenery.

Haymarket2008

I’m aware of the deathly snail pace Disney approaches their construction projects, but do we think CommuniCore Hall could be up and running by Flower & Garden?
The spine project was said to be completed by 2023….might they want to get this open in time for the first big festival of the year? Although a debut alongside Food & Wine in the Summer seems more realistic.

James Alucobond

I’m aware of the deathly snail pace Disney approaches their construction projects, but do we think CommuniCore Hall could be up and running by Flower & Garden?
The spine project was said to be completed by 2023….might they want to get this open in time for the first big festival of the year? Although a debut alongside Food & Wine in the Summer seems more realistic.
Pretty sure the "deadline" was meant to imply that current work will be wrapped up by the end of 2023 at the latest. While it's not impossible to think certain areas will be up and running sooner, I certainly wouldn't make any plans with the expectation that anything will be ready. Also, while CommuniCore Hall isn't much more than a patio with large shade structures and a few enclosed areas, if there is a phased approach to re-opening, I would expect it to be the last thing on the docket. Journey of Water looks well on its way, and with the utility work around the center of World Celebration in full swing, CommuniCore definitely seems to be the least advanced part of the project.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

HMF

A thought occurred to me and anyone who remembers can correct me if I am wrong but I bet the way those of us who grew up with the Millennium Celebration era of Epcot are feeling now must have been the way those who grew up with 80s EPCOT felt when Epcot 94 came around.

Epcot82Guy

A thought occurred to me and anyone who remembers can correct me if I am wrong but I bet the way those of us who grew up with the Millennium Celebration era of Epcot are feeling now must have been the way those who grew up with 80s EPCOT felt when Epcot 94 came around.
Speaking from someone who experienced both, I personally would say not necessarily. It was a different direction, and there were some things lost - no doubt. But the 1994 changes didn't carry as much significant departure from the message of Epcot. It was certainly 90s and trying to be more edgy and relevant. And it didn't age as well. But it was still Epcot at its core.

Things got worse after the Millennium Celebration. The decades from about 2005 to today are when the damage was truly done.

bhg469

Does anyone know what’s happening with Cool Wash? I saw from the monorail that they’re ripping up all the pavement there.
Interesting, that is sort of a dead zone for us as they just really have the one food booth... I guess I hadn't noticed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom