News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The prophecies are being fulfilled.

New MouseGear is full steam ahead. Starbucks is rumored to find a home in the northeast quadrant. Rumors placed MouseGear opening in Spring, so potentially.

It's West we have no clue about, other than presumably Moana still happening.

Originally, Starbucks was going to get its own building before the Tiered Festival Building was nixed.

Club Cool is also supposed to be in the new Gears or new EU.

So maybe Cool and Bucks will wind up next to each other again?

Starbucks was originally in north east. Then a salvaged south west. Now possibly north east again.

For a time it was not coming back with just space reserved for a possible return.

Did we have concrete info on that? Beyond Starbucks and Club Cool expanding further into West in the scrapped plan that kept the building, I didn't think we had specifics. The site that shall not be named seems to think Club Cool is going into the Southeast. Northeast makes the most sense for Starbucks, since it's supposedly fully Food and Beverage.

trainplane3

I just had a thought...if Spaceship Earth goes down for a refurb, does that mean the light shows will have to stop?
I've thought about this too. I feel like the lighting system is separate from SSE itself. Back when they were working on the entrance plaza, they had the mirror base of SSE dug up for electrical infrastructure work. It would make sense to have them be two different systems that can work without each other.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

New walkway through World Celebration opens at EPCOT ahead of Connections Cafe's upcoming opening​

Epcot_Full_46879.jpg

ToTBellHop

I m certain the light show on the exterior is completely separate from the attraction within the spere and would continue working.
Right. It has stayed lit up during previous refurbishments, so this should be no different. This lighting package was planned for the 50th awhile ago, and SSE would currently be closed if not for the pandemic, so they definitely planned to light up a closed icon for the 50th.

dreday3

New guide map for EPCOT includes changes to walkways, closure of the EPCOT Experience, and upcoming World Celebration dining​

So Connections Cafe and Connections Eatery are two separate dining areas within the building? Cafe would have Starbucks - which would allow the lines for people waiting just for Starbucks and the people ordering lunch, etc. to be separate.

I didn't know that, but that's good.

TikibirdLand

You mean before the construction was interrupted by a world wide pandemic?
At what point does Disney hand in their Get Out of Jail Free pandemic card? The walls at epcot have been up for over a year now since the parks have been open. It's incredibly lame that when guests arrive to this critical central area, they're greeted with walls everywhere they turn. Had they simply picked certain areas to work on at-a-time, this could have been all avoided. And, they could have walked back some of the bad decisions made too.

It's a lot like the freeway work they do on the interstate where they close 10's of miles of lanes and can only work on a small section. Riding the Walls stinks. Just like walking the walls at epcot does. It doesn't have to be this way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom