News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Vegas Disney Fan

I think they’re planting a berm of trees around GOTG. The other two areas you mentioned also had trees planted around them, they just haven’t grown enough to hide everything yet, but I’ve already noticed a difference in how they’re hiding more of Pandora.
The time involved is easy to forget looking at 50+ year old DL and MK.

If you look at old photos of DL and MK the show building are often visible, it took decades for the trees that hide everything today to grow large enough to hide the buildings.

A berm with trees around the BBB will definitely help, they’ll never cover the full height but in a couple decades they’ll mask most of it.

castlecake2.0

If you look at old photos of DL and MK the show building are often visible, it took decades for the trees that hide everything today to grow large enough to hide the buildings.

A berm with trees around the BBB will definitely help, they’ll never cover the full height but in a couple decades they’ll mask most of it.
Passport to Dreams did a nice article on this. There’s some big culprits we have just gotten used to like the show buildings for Pooh and Presidents.

lazyboy97o

This isn’t happening and even if it were it wouldn’t be anywhere close to masking a significant portion of the building. At best you’d have a box of tall trees sitting along in front of the building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin did you do a mock up at one point of the gravity building if it were themed like at DCA?
1638158863128.png

tcool123

Soarin’ was the last change that did not feature a movie property. Since then: Seas, Norway, Rat, Harm, and now GotG.
I mean technically there was also Mission Space Green albeit I believe that was the same year as Soarin’ Over the World.

If we’re including smaller changes then 2020 saw Canada Far and Wide and Awesome Planet added to the parks. There was also the announcement for the new film in the China pavilion but it seemingly has vanished?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I mean technically there was also Mission Space Green albeit I believe that was the same year as Soarin’ Over the World.

If we’re including smaller changes then 2020 saw Canada Far and Wide and Awesome Planet added to the parks. There was also the announcement for the new film in the China pavilion but it seemingly has vanished?
They can’t finish the China movie until China peels back more pandemic restrictions.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
They can’t finish the China movie until China peels back more pandemic restrictions.
Given what happened with Mulan, I would imagine there are scenic areas of China that would be too neuralgic to show in any new film.

I'm guessing it will be a long time before Wondrous China premieres.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Soarin’ was the last change that did not feature a movie property. Since then: Seas, Norway, Rat, Harm, and now GotG.

As part of the EPCOT 'upgrade,' the things that were meant to be and not part of an existing movie IP:
  • New films in Land, Canada, China
  • New restaurants: one in Japan, 220, and the EU replacement
  • New shop: Creations
  • New show fountain
  • Dreamers point
  • Most of the upgrade of Spaceship Earth
  • New entrance package
  • New lights on SSE
  • Festival tower building area
So far, Disney's takeover of Morocco is no added IP.

RSoxNo1

As part of the EPCOT 'upgrade,' the things that were meant to be and not part of an existing movie IP:
  • New films in Land, Canada, China
  • New restaurants: one in Japan, 220, and the EU replacement
  • New shop: Creations
  • New show fountain
  • Dreamers point
  • Most of the upgrade of Spaceship Earth
  • New entrance package
  • New lights on SSE
  • Festival tower building area
So far, Disney's takeover of Morocco is no added IP.
Let's review the new rides they've added without an IP since Everest...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom