News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

mightynine

I tend to think that, whatever was going to happen with Epcot, the Future World name would have been a goner. The "World" names for the park work fine for me, with the only slight exception being Imagination involving a bit of asymmetry to include it in World Celebration. That's certainly not the most egregious example of awkward exceptions within themed lands within Disney Parks, however.

The interesting thing about this press release for me is how blank the centre of World Celebration still appears. The descriptions of "natural environments", "global design elements", and "ever-changing events in a unique new environment" make me wonder if even Disney knows what they're putting in there beyond a statue of Walt.
"Natural environments" - Moana walkthrough
"Global Design Elements" - Look, there's a big ol' globe right there, what more do you want people
"Ever-changing events in a unique new environment" - how quick can we swap signs/menus around on all these food stands cluttering up the walkways

chriswacy

It just feels weird to split it into three areas without some demarcation noting which of those areas you're in (other than the trash can colors). In most other parks it's apparent which "Land" you're in, I'm not sure people are going to have the same reaction going between these three new ones as they would going between Future World/World Showcase where it's apparent you're entering a different area.

Clamman73

It just feels weird to split it into three areas without some demarcation noting which of those areas you're in (other than the trash can colors). In most other parks it's apparent which "Land" you're in, I'm not sure people are going to have the same reaction going between these three new ones as they would going between Future World/World Showcase where it's apparent you're entering a different area.
Don’t forget the bathrooms are also color coded in case you’re lost. Lol

lazyboy97o

It’s not just when you’re in the lands. In the best designed parks if you were to look at an unlabeled map you could figure out general sense where one land starts and another ends. There was a spatial organization to the lands and parks that contributed to the sense of place and immersion.

vikescaper

At least there is some demarcation between World Celebration and World Discovery with the former CommuniCore/Innoventions East/Creations Shop/whatever we are calling that building now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Almost like a couple of nitwits had not clue what they were doing and started throwing “ideas” at it like noodles against the wall?
It’s not just when you’re in the lands. In the best designed parks if you were to look at an unlabeled map you could figure out general sense where one land starts and another ends. There was a spatial organization to the lands and parks that contributed to the sense of place and immersion.
The greatest/most unique park ever created

and now retired to history

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom