News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Figments Friend

Funny how people are praising Disney for the Epcot entrance when it’s basically back to what it was when it opened with some updated lighting. Or for undoing years of stupid decisions with the Communicore buildings. It’s almost as if those who designed and built EPCOT Center knew what they were doing. 😱

Right...?
Truth.

Guess those 'old guys' who used to hang around with Uncle Walt knew what they were doing.

-

ChrisFL

Premium Member
As we all know, the repaving and updating of the old Communicore West building and main fountain area seems to be taking a long time, even by pandemic standards.

Since it seems we're no longer getting the elevated table/egg whatever you want to call it, I wonder what their plans for that part of the area are.

Disstevefan1

As we all know, the repaving and updating of the old Communicore West building and main fountain area seems to be taking a long time, even by pandemic standards.

Since it seems we're no longer getting the elevated table/egg whatever you want to call it, I wonder what their plans for that part of the area are.
Pathways, planters and astroturf….

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm not sure this has been asked..But, are they going to be bringing back the old logo on the pavement that was in the plaza? I didn't notice that it was ripped out until recently..

James Alucobond

I do find it interesting that, if the table is totally, uh, off the table, they haven’t scrubbed all references to it. Isn’t the pavilion logo supposed to be a stylized version of the table leg? It’s still showing up on merchandise like the puzzle at Creations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I do find it interesting that, if the table is totally, uh, off the table, they haven’t scrubbed all references to it. Isn’t the pavilion logo supposed to be a stylized version of the table leg? It’s still showing up on merchandise like the puzzle at Creations.
It may be resurrected. Which is why WDW switched from a less ambitious Festival Center to a "festival area." That would allow Tabilion to still get built.

mightynine

I'd imagine the lead time on a product like that means the table was still, um, on the table when it was sent to be manufactured. I wouldn't read that much into it.

Sir_Cliff

I don't know why I keep reading that as Taliban.
I guess there is some analogy in there about Disney spending huge amounts of time and money to knock down the Communicore building on the promise they would build a new, modern Epcot, only to leave the centre of the park a disaster zone for years on end where they just push around the dirt before finally conceding that in the best case scenario they can leave behind a lawn that is at least preferable to the current mess.

TikibirdLand

I guess there is some analogy in there about Disney spending huge amounts of time and money to knock down the Communicore building on the promise they would build a new, modern Epcot, only to leave the centre of the park a disaster zone for years on end where they just push around the dirt before finally conceding that in the best case scenario they can leave behind a lawn that is at least preferable to the current mess.
Hey! they're not just pushing dirt around. As I pointed out in an earlier post, that's the new attraction: Moana: Journey of Dirt. If that's successful, they'll be selling tickets to the new Land of Moana. They'll be caterpillars, graders, dump trucks and even cement trucks to drive. And, if you get lucky, you might get to help smooth out some newly poured cement. Meet-and-Greet will be with Bob The Builder.

Fear

Any word on when the replacement for Electric Umbrella is planned to open?

Prevailing opinion 9and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the entire restaurant will be the whole North section of that part of Innoventions, including the portion that was the ad hoc Mousegear location. Mousegear Lite is now closed and can be demoed for this, but I think we're still a ways away from this portion opening. My guess would be spring, ish.

That said, Epcot needs a lot of things. Another restaurant really isn't one of them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Prevailing opinion 9and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the entire restaurant will be the whole North section of that part of Innoventions, including the portion that was the ad hoc Mousegear location. Mousegear Lite is now closed and can be demoed for this, but I think we're still a ways away from this portion opening. My guess would be spring, ish.

That said, Epcot needs a lot of things. Another restaurant really isn't one of them.
It will be a mixed TSR and QS restaurant, so, it will be more than EU was in the past. And while I agree in theory that Ep doesn't need another restaurant, it does need a QS on that side of what was once Future World.

Didn't Walt say there should be a QS every 30 feet? ;)

Also, Starbucks will move in for their permanent location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom