Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fox&Hound

It's a no brainer that If and when Dino Rama becomes extinct..They just move This to TSL and re-name it to Trixie's Triceritops Spin...
c73bc39fdf4069acd62947f9416074b9--disney-worlds-animal-kingdom.jpg
It always bothered me that this ride was themed to a dinosaur that does not fly! So you have Dumbo, the flying carpets, and a dinosaur that walks on four legs? Ummm….

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It always bothered me that this ride was themed to a dinosaur that does not fly! So you have Dumbo, the flying carpets, and a dinosaur that walks on four legs? Ummm….
Yeah, flying high... with "Molly"

Trixie's DJ Spinner feat. Partysauraus Rex. Did you not see the giant iPod Shuffle and those dope sunglass-wearing triceratops dancers?

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah, flying high... with "Molly"

Trixie's DJ Spinner feat. Partysauraus Rex. Did you not see the giant iPod Shuffle and those dope sunglass-wearing triceratops dancers?
Switch out Rex from on top of the Slinky Dog Jenga Tower with Hamm and put a big Partysaurus Rex looming nearby blowing bubbles at riders, give it a crazy nighttime light scheme that feels like a rave, surround it with Bath Toys that squirt water out of their mouths . . . The whole idea of Triceratops flying is still kinda weird, but that'd be a better use of the ride system than what it's doing now in Dinoland.

1676524734194.png

It's a shame that there are already so many Toy Story Lands worldwide because there's so much potential for that concept and that property if they were to start over from scratch, but they're probably not building another Toy Story Land any time soon and the ones that exist have so few opportunities for real expansion.

Bocabear

Switch out Rex from on top of the Slinky Dog Jenga Tower with Hamm and put a big Partysaurus Rex looming nearby blowing bubbles at riders, give it a crazy nighttime light scheme that feels like a rave, surround it with Bath Toys that squirt water out of their mouths . . . The whole idea of Triceratops flying is still kinda weird, but that'd be a better use of the ride system than what it's doing now in Dinoland.

View attachment 698705

It's a shame that there are already so many Toy Story Lands worldwide because there's so much potential for that concept and that property if they were to start over from scratch, but they're probably not building another Toy Story Land any time soon and the ones that exist have so few opportunities for real expansion.
It feels that most of those iterations were done better... and all are fragments. I think they have exhausted the potential for this land and franchise...I don't want to see another movie, don't care about the characters, and the DHS Toy Story Land, While having a cute family coaster , is a whole lot of nothing. When you look at what they built for Carsland, TSL looks and feels "Value Engineered" to me.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It feels that most of those iterations were done better... and all are fragments. I think they have exhausted the potential for this land and franchise...I don't want to see another movie, don't care about the characters, and the DHS Toy Story Land, While having a cute family coaster , is a whole lot of nothing. When you look at what they built for Carsland, TSL looks and feels "Value Engineered" to me.
The themeing is far too subdued and reserved. It's too minamalist for it to have been realized by a child and it isn't fantastical or whimsical enough to support the backstory. Disney stopped at "giant toys" and said it was good enough. The rides should also feel "built" instead of conveniently plopped into place as if they were pre-fab RollerCoaster Tycoon assets.

cjkeating

If you can believe Dumbo can fly why not a dinosaur? Also it all meant to be part of the tongue in cheek Dinorama vibe? Plus all the dinosaurs have stars on them so maybe it is pixie dust that lets them fly. ;)

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
I realize this is an old thread, but as a recent transplant from CA I wanted to comment. The TS "Land" here at WDW is pitiful compared to what they did at California Adventure Park. They don't actually have a TS Land there, but have completely re-themed "Paradise Pier" to Pixar Pier. The former California Screamin' roller coaster now has an Incredibles overlay, and it's awesome (gimme someadat NOM-NOM Cookie and an ice cold milk, please!). Cars Land is amazing (and Radiator Springs Racers is a vastly superior ride to Test Track at EPCOT. An incredibly creative use of the same technology.). I really think California hit it out of the park, so to speak. After walking around TS Land here recently I was utterly underwhelmed. I actually enjoyed staying at the Toy Story wing of the All Star Movies resort more than being in that area of the park. LOL! I doubt I'll ever make it back to DL/DCA, but I hope they find a way to work A Bug's Life back into that Pixar area. I loved A Bug's Land when it was there. It was cool walking through there feeling the size of a bug with all of the oversized plants and boxes/containers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom