Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disone

Slinky Dog - why not put some screens up to entertain the crowd?
IMO No need for a few reason

Everyone has a cell phone and if they want to watch something they can.

Plus TV screens in the queue line seems very six flags line management to me.

Also if you do that then why not space mountain and why not expedition Everest and why not Frozen ever after..... Etc...

The highly themed que lines is supposed to be the entertainment. If you want to watch something, you have your cell phone. Chances are whatever you select, there is going to be far more interesting to you than whatever Disney chooses for you.

OG Runner

Also if you do that then why not space mountain and why not expedition Everest and why not Frozen ever after..... Etc...

The highly themed que lines is supposed to be the entertainment. If you want to watch something, you have your cell phone. Chances are whatever you select, there is going to be far more interesting to you than whatever Disney chooses for you.

Disone do not interact with the Troll. Donnie is always good for a bizarre take on anything.

DonniePeverley

Okay let me rephrase that - why make such a horrific 1980's style queue for one of the longest waiting attractions in your park ?

The day of the queue with no themeing has been long gone.

MagicHappens1971

Okay let me rephrase that - why make such a horrific 1980's style queue for one of the longest waiting attractions in your park ?

I don't really understand your qualm with the Slinky queue, they could've added interactive elements ala SDMT or even A.S.S. has the little thingies you can play with. However, it is really just a queue, for an outdoor attraction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

SDD's queue is outdoors for an outdoor rollercoaster. All around you, you can see the larger than life toys and the coaster itself. You're surrounded by theming.

It's be like standing in the middle of Italy pavilion's square and asking "Where's the theming?"

Or standing in the outdoor portion of Flight of Passage with a giant floating rock over you and asking "Where's the theming?"

No Name

While I don’t agree with their overly negative opinion of the queue, I have to imagine they’re suggesting something fitting, like a screen posing as an Etch a Sketch doing drawings. Not just a standalone TV screen showing Disney XD or something.* I certainly think there’s room for improvement across every queue you mention and a goal should be to keep you from resorting to your phone.

* Unless they had a giant tv screen with a faux episode of Property Brothers showing Andy’s house getting renovated. That would be clever!

MagicHappens1971

did they finish the expanded seating area for Woodys Lunchbox? It was a nightmare last summer when we were there
Still no. And it’s not an expanded seating area, they’re just covering the existing one. I know the plan was to originally cover most of the seating but granted that this has taken over a year, I can’t imagine that happening. The expansion backstage is for a larger kitchen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom