Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

lazyboy97o

Cuts actually were made to Slinky Dog Dash, The early concept art illustrated a lot more 'excavation' and digging by Andy for his new play set. Lots of the ride was below grade, with a large shovel and bucket left on site. View attachment 618159
Things being cut to stay in budget isn’t the same as the budget being reduced. They had plenty of money for the project.

Casper Gutman

i reallythink if they went with the western town themed bbq area that would be great
Yes, if the restaurant was actually themed to Woodys Roundup, the 50s puppet show with a very distinct aesthetic, it could be very interesting. But then guests might be in TSL for upwards of 45 minutes without seeing Buzz or Trixie or Rex, and they could be unsure of what land they were in. It would be a disaster.

gerarar

Premium Member
Aside from the new temp-exit for TSMM, BlogMickey has some pictures up of the ongoing construction of (supposed) expanding seating for Woody's Lunch Box.
toy-story-mania-backstage-exit-construction-8-1068x712.jpg

toy-story-mania-queue-exit-construction-1-1068x601.jpg

Source and more pics:

SplashJacket

Aside from the new temp-exit for TSMM, BlogMickey has some pictures up of the ongoing construction of (supposed) expanding seating for Woody's Lunch Box.
View attachment 634078
View attachment 634079

Source and more pics:

Really confused me as to why a new restaurant on the other side of the land bothers the TSMM queue until I realized it's for the new Gift shop.

I'd really like to see a video of this queue rerouting because I can't quite get my head around it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Really confused me as to why a new restaurant on the other side of the land bothers the TSMM queue until I realized it's for the new Gift shop.

I'd really like to see a video of this queue rerouting because I can't quite get my head around it.
It seems to be just a short deviation.

You exit at the back of the ride building, to the right of the ex-Pixar Place/Incredibles area, which is now a CM-only area (follow red arrow).
Interesting enough, some old Streets of America facades can be seen in public view for the first time in years here.
tsl.jpg

Screenshot_20220418-215900_Maps.jpg

Then you enter a new door here (blue roof in aerial) that was installed on the left in the ss below, which is where you will rejoin the existing exit-queue from.
1650336618621.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

At one point it was Toy Story Midway Mania, over the years it’s been changed to Toy Story Mania.

Isn't the DCA one still called Midway Mania? Or was one of them called that and the other wasn't?
From the very beginning, marketing did not like the name Toy Story Midway Mania! and advertised the rides as Toy Story Mania!. Both attractions opened at Toy Story Midway Mania!, but Florida quietly dropped “Midway” (I want to say it was completed with the new marquee when the entrance flipped).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the very beginning, marketing did not like the name Toy Story Midway Mania! and advertised the rides as Toy Story Mania!. Both attractions opened at Toy Story Midway Mania!, but Florida quietly dropped “Midway” (I want to say it was completed with the new marquee when the entrance flipped).
Indeed. Photo evidence...

The backstory for the ride was that Andy got a "Midway Games (Play Set)"... which has a "Toy Story" sticker on it?

View attachment 299571

View attachment 299572

But the ride is called "Toy Story Mania"...

View attachment 299592

Even though it used to be called Toy Story Midway Mania...

View attachment 299593

Other examples...

View attachment 447426

Here's the sign for the ride...

View attachment 447427

But the toys aren't playing Toy Story Mania, they're playing the Midway Games Play Set (with a fourth wall breaking "TOY Story" branding on it).

View attachment 447428

To further complicate things, in CA, both the outdoor sign and MDE refer to it as Toy Story Midway Mania!

In DHS both the outdoor sign and MDE call it Toy Story Mania!

Both rides show the box that Andy owns from which the toys are creating a set of midway games called: Midway Games Play Set with a fourth-wall-breaking logo of Toy Story on it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom