Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

WDW’s have been Equity from the beginning. Disneyland’s aren’t covered by a union as far as I know, though.
The discussion was also going on in another thread. I believe Disneyland opened without equity actors and WDW is using at least 1 equity actor. Hopefully someone can confirm.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In celebration of this announcement, I’m excited to announce that, beginning today fans can vote for which legacy lightsaber they would hope to see offered at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. That’s right, Dok is always looking to expand his offerings and this is your chance to tell us what you hope his next acquistion might be!

Legacy lightsabers are modeled after the lightsabers of some of the most heroic, iconic, mythical and sinister figures in the Star Wars galaxy. This list includes legends from Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano to Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

VoteforaSaber_Dok-1024x576.jpg

Found inside Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, twelve unique legacy lightsabers have been offered to date. Today, you have a chance to share your opinion about what you hope to see added to Dok’s collection! Make your choice from these 6 options, all legendary in their own right — Anakin Skywalker, Kanan Jarrus, Qui-Gon Jinn, Cal Kestis, Ezra Bridger and Lord Corvax."

Surferboy567

Not sure if this has been discussed but the latest episode of “One Day at Disney” on Disney + features Jake. The droid that I am assuming was to be put into Galaxy’s Edge.

They even acknowledge the whole kids putting their hands on him thing.

Darth Snips

"Following a challenge on the Disney Parks Blog, the Jedi weapon of Cal Kestis — Padawan survivor of Order 66 and starring hero of 2019’s critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order video game — will make its way to Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge later next year. Cal’s will be the first lightsaber offered at Dok’s to have originated from a video game, and joins other iconic legacy lightsabers including Luke Skywalker, Rey, Darth Vader, and more, in the collection."
1602901730190.png

"In addition, even more memorable legacy lightsabers will join Dok Ondar’s collection: Ahsoka Tano’s hilts and blades from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Count Dooku’s Sith weapon, featuring its signature elegant curved handle design along with its flourishing blade-emitter guard, will come to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this fall."
1602901749504.png

1602901764697.png

WOW, Dooku's saber looks so good! 🤯

GimpYancIent

"Following a challenge on the Disney Parks Blog, the Jedi weapon of Cal Kestis — Padawan survivor of Order 66 and starring hero of 2019’s critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order video game — will make its way to Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge later next year. Cal’s will be the first lightsaber offered at Dok’s to have originated from a video game, and joins other iconic legacy lightsabers including Luke Skywalker, Rey, Darth Vader, and more, in the collection."
View attachment 505924
"In addition, even more memorable legacy lightsabers will join Dok Ondar’s collection: Ahsoka Tano’s hilts and blades from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Count Dooku’s Sith weapon, featuring its signature elegant curved handle design along with its flourishing blade-emitter guard, will come to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge this fall."
View attachment 505925
View attachment 505926

WOW, Dooku's saber looks so good! 🤯
Yes! Count Dooku's Lightsaber hilt is an impressive surprise..

Tom Morrow

So, Disney just announced a boatload of new Star Wars content coming.... and from what I understand, none of it takes place during the Sequel Trilogy. It seems Disney has decided to wash their hands of it, which overall is a wise decision.

Taking bets as to when SWGE will receive it's slight makeover! They'll either make it more timeless or set it around the OT.

Mike S

So, Disney just announced a boatload of new Star Wars content coming.... and from what I understand, none of it takes place during the Sequel Trilogy. It seems Disney has decided to wash their hands of it, which overall is a wise decision.

Taking bets as to when SWGE will receive it's slight makeover! They'll either make it more timeless or set it around the OT.
Can’t wait 😊

gerarar

Premium Member
There’s no direct (aka $$) incentive for Disney to retheme an attraction like ROTR to the OT. The demand and (virtual) lines will always far exceed its capacity for the many years to come.

Given that, I don’t think Disney will ever truly green light a retheme. It may be on the drawing boards as insiders have indicated before, but they’ll never follow through in the near future.

Then again, Disney is unpredictable these days with much-loved attractions..

Movielover

Lucasfilm quote "The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy."

Sounds like this takes place after the sequel trilogy. Also the Rangers series will be about the New Republic so shortly before the events of the Sequels. It's a healthy balance of OT era and ST era content. I see no reason why they should retheme Galaxies Edge beside your personal hatred towards TLJ.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

So because of the success of Mando, Disney just puked out a bunch of spinoffs to shove down everyone's collective gullets. We're going to buried up to our Tauntans in Star Wars whether we like it or not.

EPCOT-O.G.

Disney has all but abandoned theatrical releases for Star Wars (Rian Johnson was never mentioned, but tons of news on anime shorts and R2D2 projects) and Disney+ is wisely becoming the Mandalorian Extended Universe.

Expect to see Galaxy’s Edge follow suit.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
So because of the success of Mando, Disney just puked out a bunch of spinoffs to shove down everyone's collective gullets. We're going to buried up to our Tauntans in Star Wars whether we like it or not.
These people DO NOT LEARN. Their "strategy" of churning out SW content yearly led to bad content (I'm looking at you, Solo) and a loss of the "special event" nature that resulted in intense loyalty and attendant massive grosses.

As some folks like to say, when every day is Christmas, then no day is Christmas. I counted 9 new series announced for D+. Plus the Jenkins movie. That is asinine. Who in their right minds wants Christiansen back? Why are we getting a prequel origin story for a dude that was killed in Rogue One?

Kathleen Kennedy needs to go before she runs Star Wars into the ground and makes it common trash.

Ugh.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
These people DO NOT LEARN. Their "strategy" of churning out SW content yearly led to bad content (I'm looking at you, Solo) and a loss of the "special event" nature that resulted in intense loyalty and attendant massive grosses.

As some folks like to say, when every day is Christmas, then no day is Christmas. I counted 9 new series announced for D+. Plus the Jenkins movie. That is asinine. Who in their right minds wants Christiansen back? Why are we getting a prequel origin story for a dude that was killed in Rogue One?

Kathleen Kennedy needs to go before she runs Star Wars into the ground and makes it common trash.

Ugh.

This starts much higher than Kennedy, she's just the stooge following orders. This has Iger written all over it. He's the one that's flushing the franchise down the toilet to extract as much as he can out of it before it goes down the drain. He's doing the same thing with Marvel as well.

Solo is the perfect example of what should have been smash, but because of poor writing and poor leadership and the need to push out product at the expense of quality turned into a giant steaming turd. We're fresh on our way to having multiple ones of these, especially when they start cannibalizing each other for the more fragmented and diminished audience they will get.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom