Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

worst part of tsl is the 2 rides they built have height restrictions, they should have built something the little ones could ride. Since that is part of its demographic
Agreed, it's why I'd love to see a traditional spinner in the land as well. The good thing is the height requirements are low. My daughter who is less than 2 was able to ride Alien Swirling Saucers (32"), and Slinky Dog is only 38".

J4546

im still on the modified pixar pier idea for the NW area of DHS. Bring in a major 1 off e-ticket log flume/water ride (the giant yellow area) and also maybe add the road cone cafe by the Lightning Mcqueen theater show to create a small cars land in itself. Ideally they would also rename the PP in CA back to Paradise Pier and and take the incredicoaster theming off and rename it back to california screaming, and bring that to the new PP in DHS

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 160

ppete1975

im still on the modified pixar pier idea for the NW area of DHS. Bring in a major 1 off e-ticket log flume/water ride (the giant yellow area) and also maybe add the road cone cafe by the Lightning Mcqueen theater show to create a small cars land in itself. Ideally they would also rename the PP in CA back to Paradise Pier and and take the incredicoaster theming off and rename it back to california screaming, and bring that to the new PP in DHS
seems like a lot of wasted space, especially with the pond (and im the person who screams more water and more fountains), now if you could make a fantasmic pixar pier without all the games (wasted space), then maybe it would be ok (increase the moat, add a coaster)
id get rid of all of the shows remove everything past mickey (leaving tower and rnr) and build several rides that arent a land, and then cars land. The best thing about cars land besides the ride.. is this area could give them a place for an osborne lights replacement.

TikibirdLand

seems like a lot of wasted space, especially with the pond (and im the person who screams more water and more fountains), now if you could make a fantasmic pixar pier without all the games (wasted space), then maybe it would be ok (increase the moat, add a coaster)
id get rid of all of the shows remove everything past mickey (leaving tower and rnr) and build several rides that arent a land, and then cars land. The best thing about cars land besides the ride.. is this area could give them a place for an osborne lights replacement.
Live shows and wandering characters are what made Disney Magical. DHS wasn't about rides only. It was about experiences. That's why the back-stage tour, BatB, Indiana Jones, and Streets of America (when sprinkled with characters to meet) was so important. It's also why GE is such a dead place. Put a Mandalorian style street battle in GE and then you'd see the potential of that 15 acres.

ppete1975

Live shows and wandering characters are what made Disney Magical. DHS wasn't about rides only. It was about experiences. That's why the back-stage tour, BatB, Indiana Jones, and Streets of America (when sprinkled with characters to meet) was so important. It's also why GE is such a dead place. Put a Mandalorian style street battle in GE and then you'd see the potential of that 15 acres.
wandering characters are what made all the parks amazing, and street life like in adventureland.. i agree that should all stay and i really like your mandalorian gun fights (been to alot of the wild west style parks living in oklahoma). The shows I meant were the big show buildings with beauty and the beast or frozen (but thats selfish of me, I am sure others love them). Since they wont return the animation building to its glory it could go as well (love the building and what it was.. but thats not coming back). It just seems like there is alot of wasted space that could be reused to really transform the park. Then again im save epcot, gertie and echo lake, and muppets... so I am a horrible judge on this stuff :) I think part of my thinking is admitting that epcot and dhs are never going to be what they were so I ask myself "what can they be?" And I think a full cars land with ride would be amazing.. part of that is what california does with theirs at christmas. I can imagine cars land with an osborne spin and having at least a small part of what we lost when the lights went away.

Casper Gutman

wandering characters are what made all the parks amazing, and street life like in adventureland.. i agree that should all stay and i really like your mandalorian gun fights (been to alot of the wild west style parks living in oklahoma). The shows I meant were the big show buildings with beauty and the beast or frozen (but thats selfish of me, I am sure others love them). Since they wont return the animation building to its glory it could go as well (love the building and what it was.. but thats not coming back). It just seems like there is alot of wasted space that could be reused to really transform the park. Then again im save epcot, gertie and echo lake, and muppets... so I am a horrible judge on this stuff :) I think part of my thinking is admitting that epcot and dhs are never going to be what they were so I ask myself "what can they be?" And I think a full cars land with ride would be amazing.. part of that is what california does with theirs at christmas. I can imagine cars land with an osborne spin and having at least a small part of what we lost when the lights went away.
MGMs early reliance on shows and the continued prominence of theatres in the park makes Disney’s absolute refusal to update those shows all the more unforgivable. As I often point out, when B&B debuted the world map featured two Germanys and the USSR.

I really don’t want an Orlando version of Cars Land - it will never live up to the incredible original and we need fewer clones, anyway. I’d prefer an Indy land, but I’d take a Fantasyland-style Pixar area, an Encanto ride… Disney is not hurting for marketable IPs.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

As explained to us, this is a supply chain issue. When we asked about the price of the experience being adjusted to account for the lack of a carrying sleeve, we were told that the sleeve was previously considered “complimentary” and that the price won’t be adjusted. We’re told that the price that guests are paying is for the lightsaber, hilt, and kyber crystal – the sleeve is not calculated in the price. Of course, for nearly three years now guests have been given a sleeve at the end of the experience, so a few very vocal guests were not happy with the change after they exited the experience."

VJ

"The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

As explained to us, this is a supply chain issue. When we asked about the price of the experience being adjusted to account for the lack of a carrying sleeve, we were told that the sleeve was previously considered “complimentary” and that the price won’t be adjusted. We’re told that the price that guests are paying is for the lightsaber, hilt, and kyber crystal – the sleeve is not calculated in the price. Of course, for nearly three years now guests have been given a sleeve at the end of the experience, so a few very vocal guests were not happy with the change after they exited the experience."

Wonder how long Disney will use the "supply chain issue" excuse before people finally have enough.

Though you'd think people would have already reached that point by now.

Notes from Neverland

Not a great look.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The carrying case totally didn't figure into the price at all, but it was important enough to be listed in the "Important Details" section of the Savi's page on the website.
Wow, it sure is! I don’t know how you get away with telling someone to go buy one when it’s still advertised as part of the experience!
AA767C73-FE3A-4E9E-B323-A19E4A25EEFE.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah..... both lands are pretty sad in how much open space exists. For such a small park lacking in attractions already it’s a shame to use the space that way. That’s what prompted my look at the map in the first place. It almost looks like the tram tour and canyon was intentionally designed to stay? Maybe?
I'll never forget my first visit to Batuu - it was at Disneyland. And if you think the amount of open space is unfortunate at Hollywood Studios . . . Hooooo boy.

In the amount of space GE West takes up you could fit Disneyland's versions of The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, The Matterhorn, Space Mountain, and still have room left over for a suite of 3 Fantasyland Dark Rides.

I can get behind taking advantage of "the blessing of size" down in Florida to create impressively scaled environments like Pandora and Galaxy's Edge. But considering how chronically low on space Disneyland has been for its entire existence, my jaw dropped seeing that they gave so much of their remaining space over to . . . that.

Perhaps my assessment would have been different if Rise had been open at the time of that visit - I've since ridden it several times on the East Coast and it's amazing. But still. The way space is used in GE at Disneyland, and how much of it, was absolutely haunting to witness.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I'll never forget my first visit to Batuu - it was at Disneyland. And if you think the amount of open space is unfortunate at Hollywood Studios . . . Hooooo boy.

In the amount of space GE West takes up you could fit Disneyland's versions of The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, The Matterhorn, Space Mountain, and still have room left over for a suite of 3 Fantasyland Dark Rides.

I can get behind taking advantage of "the blessing of size" down in Florida to create impressively scaled environments like Pandora and Galaxy's Edge. But considering how chronically low on space Disneyland has been for its entire existence, my jaw dropped seeing that they gave so much of their remaining space over to . . . that.

Perhaps my assessment would have been different if Rise had been open at the time of that visit - I've since ridden it several times on the East Coast and it's amazing. But still. The way space is used in GE at Disneyland, and how much of it, was absolutely haunting to witness.

And yet, despite all that space, there's still nowhere to sit down and hardly any shade. 😕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom