Hess Express Gas Stations to be rebranded as Speedway

G00fyDad

If the conversion is like the others in Florida you will notice no difference other than the name and a rewards card program. The 3 HESS station near my house that converted to Speedway still sell the same items including the Dunkin Donuts products.

Ahh. :( Okay. Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
RIP Hess Trucks...
HESS as a company still exists, they just dumped their retail stores so we might still see the HESS trucks. I guess we will know come Christmas.

I liked the look of the Hess stations and I've never even heard of Speedway until today.
They have bee around in one name or another since the 50's, but they began a somewhat aggressive expansion about 3 years ago by buying up retail chains. Since 2012 they purchased Road Ranger, Gas America and now HESS.

Mickey_777

They have bee around in one name or another since the 50's, but they began a somewhat aggressive expansion about 3 years ago by buying up retail chains. Since 2012 they purchased Road Ranger, Gas America and now HESS.

They have yet to expand up here (Northern VA/DC metro area) but we do have a few HESS stations which, yes, do continue to promote and carry the awesome HESS trucks during the holidays. Unless those go the way of the dodo bird too...

dumboflyer

The only reason I ever cared about these was for the gas, and (petty as it may seem), I always disfavored Hess because none of them had the little catch in the pumping handle that let you fill your tank without squeezing the trigger the whole time.

ewensell3

The only reason I ever cared about these was for the gas, and (petty as it may seem), I always disfavored Hess because none of them had the little catch in the pumping handle that let you fill your tank without squeezing the trigger the whole time.

Just jam your gas cap in there.

ewensell3

HESS as a company still exists, they just dumped their retail stores so we might still see the HESS trucks. I guess we will know come Christmas.

Technically it was Marathon who acquired the Hess retail operations. Speedway is one of many brands owned by Marathon.

Edit - Nevermind. Further reading, yes Marathon owns Speedway, but it was Speedway who executed the acquisition. I don't have the mind for all these corporate relationships.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That likely has little to do with HESS. The presence or absence of the lock can be controlled by everything from local laws to individual station management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom