Is Stitch's Great Escape REALLY that bad?

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
I've never been on it, but from the threads it seems that NO-ONE likes it! :eek: :joyfull:
Can anyone enlighten me as to why it's so awful?

As a side note, I do remember going on Alien Encounter as a child and coming out completely traumatised, though! :hilarious:

NYwdwfan

Alien Encounter was awesomely terrifying and I loved it. It was one of my favorite experiences in the park. SGE is just...not any of those things. Part of me hates it because it WAS so cool. And now isn't. Part of me hates it because it's just not creative. They modified the scariness out of the attraction rather than creating something new and it just falls short.

mergatroid

I quite like it but only really go on if there's no more than a 15 minute wait. The Stitch animatronic is really pretty good, pity you don't see it a bit more though. I've never truly understood the complete hatred for it on here to be honest, it's all about opinions though and I accept mine is in the minority. The show doesn't look amateur or cheap or anything like that and it's in pretty good condition, I suppose most though find the 'story-line' weak which I suppose is true.

Try it one day if the line isn't long, the worst that can happen is you waste 20 minutes or so of your life and who knows, you might like it.

Last edited:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
I love the ride, its one of my favorites. It perfectly combines stitchs personality in a fun ride. If you cant take bad smells, then dont go inside though

Ooh, I didn't realise there were smells! :jawdrop: I am quite intrigued by it to be honest! Is it similar to Alien Encounter (my memory of it is hazy - I went on it 17 years ago! :eek:) in that it gets dark and things 'touch you'? What's the actual premise of the ride?

Goofyernmost

I love the ride, its one of my favorites. It perfectly combines stitchs personality in a fun ride. If you cant take bad smells, then dont go inside though
It's such a minor part of the show. It lasts for probably 5 seconds. As far as the water you get hit with, it's about the same as in the Muppets or countless other shows. Two drops at the most of clean water. Must be awful for some folks, but, I think it's all part of the fun.

ItlngrlBella

I've never been on it, but from the threads it seems that NO-ONE likes it! :eek: :joyfull:
Can anyone enlighten me as to why it's so awful?

As a side note, I do remember going on Alien Encounter as a child and coming out completely traumatised, though! :hilarious:

If you like getting belched and farted in your face while trying to follow a ridiculous plot line... ITS FABULOUS!
:)

My oldest (age 7 at the time) walked out and said, "that's it? I dont get it."

Goofyernmost

Ooh, I didn't realise there were smells! :jawdrop: I am quite intrigued by it to be honest! Is it similar to Alien Encounter (my memory of it is hazy - I went on it 17 years ago! :eek:) in that it gets dark and things 'touch you'? What's the actual premise of the ride?
Basically, yes. Not much more then that. The premise is that this was before Stitch was domesticated and he is held in captivity by the space patrol (or whatever it was called) and, of course he escapes into the audience in the dark and the frolic begins.

Goofyernmost

The attraction itself is good. The story line makes no sense. Before coming to earth he wasn't called stitch, etc. just some inconsistencies in story line.
Not really. He had a number identity before, he was named after, but, we know him as Stitch. A rose, is a rose, is a rose!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom