Disney characters water-skiing across Seven Seas Lagoon

brb1006

Original Poster
For those that grew up in the 80's and 90's, remember when Disney characters would sometimes be seen water-skiing around the lake that leads you to that Magic Kingdom? If you thought seeing the Magic Kingdom on the ferry was awesome. Seeing your favorite characters such of Goofy or Pinocchio passing by your boat made it even more magical.

Here's two videos of Pinocchio and Goofy doing this.
(From 1991)

(From 1997)

Cmdr_Crimson

It looked like it lasted up until 1999..It was called the MK Entertainment Character Ski Team..It also had Tigger & Pluto as well...
http://www.imaginerding.com/2011/10/skiing-with-goofy-tigger-and-pluto/
1999-character-ski-team-photo-post.png

It probably ended due to the many boats that are on the lake perhaps?

Nemo14

DABIGCHEEZ

I'm sure we saw them later than '99 and I'm sure Max used to be out there too. Thinking that it mught have been them driving boats
The article mentions Max as well. I remember seeing Goofy and Pluto a few times. Come to think of it... I think Donald was out there once too.

Last edited:

Robbiem

I remember seeing Mr Smee on the Seven Seas Lagoon on my first visit in 1989. My first WDW memory from the ferryboat as we crossed to magic kingdom 😀

John park hopper

I remember seeing the characters water skiing. Have post before we stayed at the Contemporary in 77 and they had a beautiful beach we swam at. Never thinking there was a gator problem. Guessing the lagoon was new and the gator population was very small and not a problem. Disney advertised miles of beach to swim at. Just like park crowds have increased so have the gators.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom