9 minute Ratatouille preview available on Disney.com

CTXRover

Original Poster
Disney.com is now showing a 9 minute clip from Ratatouille, which opens June 29th. The Disney-Pixar film looks beautiful once again. I am very excited to see this film after this preview. I can't wait to see Remy as a walk-around character.

Mufasa's Pride

Saw a commercial about the 9 minutes on American Idol last night. Can't wait for the movie. I haven't been this excited about a Pixar film in a long time.

(Thread Drift Ahead...)

I have one question: Why is Disney paying loads of money for the highest costing commercial spot today to promote a film that doesn't come out for 2 months, when they have barely given any commercial time to Disney's biggest blockbluster ever that comes out in 3 weeks?

Is Disney waiting for a Pirate overload after the Spiderman/Shrek 3 hype dies down? I haven't seen any ads for Pirates 3 except for the trailer on Dancing with the Stars and some clips shown on Disney Channel.

What is Disney waiting for?

CTXRover

Original Poster
I have one question: Why is Disney paying loads of money for the highest costing commercial spot today to promote a film that doesn't come out for 2 months, when they have barely given any commercial time to Disney's biggest blockbluster ever that comes out in 3 weeks?

Is Disney waiting for a Pirate overload after the Spiderman/Shrek 3 hype dies down? I haven't seen any ads for Pirates 3 except for the trailer on Dancing with the Stars and some clips shown on Disney Channel.

My guess for the relative lack of Pirate marketing at this point is that Pirates is a known blockbuster that really simply needs to inform its audience that a new Pirates film is being released and the people will turn out in droves. In an overgeneralization, they probably are less interested at this point in convincing people that AWE is a film worth seeing as they are in simply making sure their already captive audience is aware that the continuation of DMC is opening. A huge push two weeks or so before the film opens and it will be set to open huge.

Ratatouille on the other hand is the one of the few ORIGINAL movies being released this summer amidst sequels and movies after popular comics/books/stories/tv shows. In Ratatouille's case, it is ALL about convincing movie-goers that this is a film worth seeing this summer. In order to make sure it not only survives at the box office, but becomes one of the bigger box office grossers, it is important to get people talking about it sooner and make sure it is in people's minds early on in the summer. It's tougher to make people want to see an original story than one that is a continuation of another film or story, so I imagine that is why they have started to already heavily market Ratatouille.

Piebald

They're really pushing this movie. There are even advertisements on Myspace (one of the best places to advertise ANYTHING these days). They will begin to push this movie even more in a few weeks at the parks as well. The Robinsons will be moving out soon to make way for Remy and perhaps whatever character they decide to make.

Thread Drift : Unfortunately it seems Meet the Robinsons didn't do as well as expected? It hasn't broken 100 million yet as far as I know.... does anyone have an opinion on this? I personally loved the movie.

sarahwiggles99

They're really pushing this movie. There are even advertisements on Myspace (one of the best places to advertise ANYTHING these days). They will begin to push this movie even more in a few weeks at the parks as well. The Robinsons will be moving out soon to make way for Remy and perhaps whatever character they decide to make.

Thread Drift : Unfortunately it seems Meet the Robinsons didn't do as well as expected? It hasn't broken 100 million yet as far as I know.... does anyone have an opinion on this? I personally loved the movie.

I saw the 9 min preview the day it came out. It looks very good just by the preview. The animation looks great. I'm wondering that also why they are spending so much money and time on advertising. Tons of commercials, advertisments on myspace, podcasts, and of course the preview. Seems like they would have wanted to advertise pirates more. Ive never seen a commercial on TV for it and Ive only seen the trailer once at the movies. It kind of funny because when I walk out of the room to do something when the TV is on from far away I can here the french accordian music from the commercial if it comes on and I know instantly that its for Ratatouille. I guess they want Ratatouille to have more sucess then the other animated movies coming out. :veryconfu

darthjohnny

I agree that Disney does need to start promoting at least a little more. A lot of my friends don't even realize it's going to come out this month, or at all for that matter.

I would like to see another trailer, however. Spider-Man 3 came out with a third trailerjust a week or so before the movie came out, so why can't Disney. They been promoting the new Spider-Man film heavily recently. In fact it's getting a little annoying seeing the same scenes over and over again. They only recently started showing the Venom commercial. So I think Disney won't be far behind.

But I think that you're right that they're waiting for some of the hype of the other summer movies to die down, and then start blasting people with ads all over the place. :)

Mufasa's Pride

I saw the old Pirates trailer in the previews alongside Spiderman 3 (great trilogy by the way, but no near par to Pirates :p ),so promo is picking up a bit. Every time you turn on the TV, you see previews for Spiderman 3 or Ratatouille. Just hope Pirates has a better showing than Spiderman I guess.

It will be interesting if Pirates 2's opening records will stand after this weekend...:lookaroun

darthjohnny

It will be interesting if Pirates 2's opening records will stand after this weekend...:lookaroun

I guess not. Spider-Man owns the record of highest opening day, $59 million, and highest weekend gross, $148 million.

But I think Pirates 2 still owns the record for fastest movie to reach $100 million.

I think within the next weeks, we'll be bombarded by Pirates ads. On Yahoo! Movies, they have these "30 second spots" which I assume will appear as T.V. commercials.

Maybe Disney will even start pushing the movie farther now that Spider-Man has done so well. :)

sarahwiggles99

Early this morning a new adveristment background and little boxes were put on the the myspace homepage for Pirates 3. it looks just like the Ratatouille set up. and its probably going to stay there till the movie opens since there is a countdown at the top of the homepage. finally Disney got some sense to advertise:sohappy:

catinthehat

I am really excited about both Pirates and Ratatouille. I dont think we have to worry about Pirates -- it is going to be awesome. There have been lots of new clips out.

And really excited about Ratatouille -- remy is just the cutest thing. I love anything Pixar so I know it is going to be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom