9/29-10/6 ADR's and No Le Cellier Spots Left!

minnielaw

Original Poster
Set my alarm for 5:50 a.m. this morning so that I could book my ADR's for my September 29-October 6 trip. Fortunately, the volume was completely down on my radio and I did not wake up until 6:45 a.m. I say fortunately because I hopped out of bed and ran straight to my computer to begin making my ADR's but no such luck.

The online reservation system is still screwed up and would not recognize my resort reservation number...even though it is saved in "My Reservations" and I can retrieve it on their website!! So, I could only book for my my first night since that was 180 days from now. FRUSTRATING!!

I entered the WDW DINE number on my phone and had my finger poised over the dial button from 6:57 (when I gave up trying to make ADR's online) and hit dial as soon as the clock on my Iphone hit 7:00. I went through the frustrating intro instructions and advised the computer voice that I had resort reservations. I was told that the wait time should be 7 minutes. I waited 27 minutes, but no biggie.

I got all the ADR's that I wanted with the exception of Le Cellier. I tried to book Le Cellier first and requested lunch times for 10/1, 10/2 and 10/3, but they were completely booked. Bummer :( Due to scheduling issues with my trip, I couldn't try any other dates. I will keep trying and hope that something opens up.

My ADR's are as follows:

9/29 Cape May Cafe (dinner)
9/30 Tutto Italia (dinner)
10/1 Kona (dinner)
10/2 Sanaa (dinner)
10/3 Via Napoli (dinner)
10/4 Rose & Crown 7:50 p.m. (hopefully seated on the patio!)
10/5 Ohana (dinner)
10/6 Kona (breakfast) although I didn't actually make an ADR for this meal

John (blackthidot) surely you know someone at Le Cellier and can pull some strings for me! I mean, you're going to be eating there like three times the week before I get there! Help a girl out, for real son! :lol:

PolynesianPrincess

Set my alarm for 5:50 a.m. this morning so that I could book my ADR's for my September 29-October 6 trip. Fortunately, the volume was completely down on my radio and I did not wake up until 6:45 a.m. I say fortunately because I hopped out of bed and ran straight to my computer to begin making my ADR's but no such luck.

The online reservation system is still screwed up and would not recognize my resort reservation number...even though it is saved in "My Reservations" and I can retrieve it on their website!! So, I could only book for my my first night since that was 180 days from now. FRUSTRATING!!

I entered the WDW DINE number on my phone and had my finger poised over the dial button from 6:57 (when I gave up trying to make ADR's online) and hit dial as soon as the clock on my Iphone hit 7:00. I went through the frustrating intro instructions and advised the computer voice that I had resort reservations. I was told that the wait time should be 7 minutes. I waited 27 minutes, but no biggie.

I got all the ADR's that I wanted with the exception of Le Cellier. I tried to book Le Cellier first and requested lunch times for 10/1, 10/2 and 10/3, but they were completely booked. Bummer :( Due to scheduling issues with my trip, I couldn't try any other dates. I will keep trying and hope that something opens up.

My ADR's are as follows:

9/29 Cape May Cafe (dinner)
9/30 Tutto Italia (dinner)
10/1 Kona (dinner)
10/2 Sanaa (dinner)
10/3 Via Napoli (dinner)
10/4 Rose & Crown 7:50 p.m. (hopefully seated on the patio!)
10/5 Ohana (dinner)
10/6 Kona (breakfast) although I didn't actually make an ADR for this meal

John (blackthidot) surely you know someone at Le Cellier and can pull some strings for me! I mean, you're going to be eating there like three times the week before I get there! Help a girl out, for real son! :lol:

I think that weekend is going to be very busy. The Tower of Terror race is that weekend along with opening of Food and Wine, free dining and Epcots 30th on the 1st! We couldnt get anything at Le Cellier or Ohana :(

minnielaw

Original Poster
I booked Ohana second since I knew it would be hard to get also. Hope a spot opens up for you derelicte!

baymenxpac

be very diligent about checking the online system for reservations. when i say "very," i mean about two times a day.

my wife and i are at the point where if we have le cellier on the original itinerary, but it's booked, we just blow it off. but my parents usually try a bit harder, with my dad checking a few times a day for a cancellation. every time he's done that, he's been able to get a seating.

that said, looks like your ADRs are pretty solid. so even if you don't get in at le cellier, enjoy!! :)

minnielaw

Original Poster
be very diligent about checking the online system for reservations. when i say "very," i mean about two times a day.

my wife and i are at the point where if we have le cellier on the original itinerary, but it's booked, we just blow it off. but my parents usually try a bit harder, with my dad checking a few times a day for a cancellation. every time he's done that, he's been able to get a seating.

that said, looks like your ADRs are pretty solid. so even if you don't get in at le cellier, enjoy!! :)

Thanks for the suggestion! Don't know that I am up to calling twice a day to check for availability...I do have to work! We have never eaten there so I was hoping that this trip I would luck out. This is the first time I woke up at 7 on the 180 day mark to make ADR's.

I am pretty thrilled with my ADR's too. We have a few new picks (Ohana, Tutto Italia and Sanaa) a few old favorites (Via Napoli, Kona and Rose & Crown) and the kids' pick (Cape May cafe). Via Napoli was my fall back when Le Cellier didn't work out. My boys want me to change it to Boma, so that may happen. We love the soups, hummus and salads at Boma. Our last trip we actually ate there 3 times! I had an ADR but went the wrong night so we just waited for an available table...went back the next night for our ADR and then did breakfast one morning. So, I would prefer Via Napoli...but sometimes we "sacrifice" for the kiddos.

bamillerpa

You won't have to call twice a day. As the days go by it won't matter if the system can "find" your reservation because it will already by past the 180 day mark. I would keep checking all the way up to the day you leave (and even while at Disney) if necessary. We managed to get all of our ADR's that way once.

BTW, I feel your pain with the Disney online reservation site. I had the same problem. They could find my resort reservation when I logged in but not when I was trying to book my ADR's. Very Frustrating!! It took me two hours to get it to work right. Good luck and keep trying!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I found out today there is something wrong with the system starting the 24th or something MAYBE 25th I can't remember but NOTHING is available for like 2 weeks or so. Supposed to be fixed soon.

crispy

I booked this morning for my week that starts on September 29th and saw a lot of openings for Le Cellier. I noticed because I was surprised to see any openings at all. Maybe you hit a glitch.

Foolish Mortal

I booked this morning for my week that starts on September 29th and saw a lot of openings for Le Cellier. I noticed because I was surprised to see any openings at all. Maybe you hit a glitch.

Dinner seems to be open it's Lunches that have no openings. At least from what I'm seeing.

minnielaw

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip Foolish Mortal! I called at 8:45 this morning (as soon as I read your post) and secured reservations for Le Cellier for 10/3 at 12:10 p.m. :sohappy:

acollins876

I did the same thing and didn't see any Le Cellier openings on Monday. I called in and they said there were NO reservations at all at that time, meaning either it's going down for refurb or that they simply hadn't released availability yet. I went back online again today to check and got my party of NINE in for lunch on 10/4. Jump on it...they're available now!

Foolish Mortal

Thanks for the tip Foolish Mortal! I called at 8:45 this morning (as soon as I read your post) and secured reservations for Le Cellier for 10/3 at 12:10 p.m. :sohappy:

:D Glad to see my little news flash helped someone out. Had I not switched my day I would've met up with ya to say hi based on what you booked and what I originally booked. Went from no availability to the ability to change.

rkelly42

We are going sept 29 - oct 6 and we got all over our reservations with the times we wanted no problem, that is including Le Cellier for 530:sohappy:.

misterID

Now that's determination for a table.

September ADRs

I feel your pain. I tried it get lunch at Le Cellier for the week of 9/23-9/29 for days and days and nothing very came up on the on line or when I spoke to a cast member. Finally I just gave in and made dinner reservation. Unfortunately I will need to use 2 dining credits, but I REALLy wanted to eat there and give it a whirl. Considering how booked they always are this better be one INCREDIBLE meal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom