9/27/13 Contemporary Monorail Problem

blh906ohio

Original Poster
When we got up Friday morning to go to the Magic Kingdom,we discovered that the monorail to it was down. The staff thought it was funny and said that the only way to get there was to use the walkway. No problem for me,so I took off and the wife waited for the monorail to get going. After about an hour,it still was out of order and the wife had been sitting at the Contemporary bus stop for all that time.
I took a wheelchair from the Magic Kingdom and headed back to the Contemporary to get the wife. I put her in the wheelchair and got her to the Magic Kingdom. Around 1:30 pm.,we wanted to return to the Contemporary. The security people at the front of the Magic Kingdom told us that it still wasn't working. So I packed up the wife in a wheel chair and took off for the Magic Kingdom. We made it. I have a hard time believing that Disney wouldn't send buses to the Contemporary to get you to the Magic kingdom and send buses to the Magic Kingdom to get people back to the Contemporary. Anyone else had an experience like this. Thanks all.

PS. On the positive side,I got to learn the walk-way very well and I burn off a lot of calories pushing the wife. The park,of course,was beautiful and full of fun.

JimboJones123

The Contemporary to MK walk is about half the distance across the Caribbean Beach resort. Why would buses be needed? Can't you take the boat too?

JimboJones123

The 2 Blue Flag motor launches on Bay Lake serving the Contemporary Resort, Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness begin running at 6:45am daily. They both run clockwise until 3pm and then reverse direction. These launches run until 11:30pm.

CDavid

There is no boat service between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom (I'm guessing due in part to the Contemporary pier being located back on Bay Lake, away from the MK). Granted the walkway isn't that far, unless you have trouble walking, then it might as well be 100 miles. Ever notice the 'loaner' wheelchairs at Animal Kingdom's bus depot, to be used just to get you to wheelchair rental at the gate? For a few otherwise ambulatory people, it is legitimately too far to walk.

You could get a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge, transferring there to the boat launch for the Magic Kingdom. However, if Disney is operating buses from All-Star Sports literally next door to All-Star Music while the formers food court is refurbished, then they should probably be providing buses to/from the Contemporary when the monorail is down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom