Flamingo Crossing Hotels

maxairmike

That sprawl already exists all around the Florida property and will continue with or without Disney. Best for them to have some control in the direction it takes

It would be nice if they would help lead the way with quality densification instead of sprawl with TOD and cooperating on transit that benefits everyone, but they're too concerned about guests being able to freely move about to do that.

JoeCamel

It would be nice if they would help lead the way with quality densification instead of sprawl with TOD and cooperating on transit that benefits everyone, but they're too concerned about guests being able to freely move about to do that.
From the layout Flamingo Crossing is set out to do that with housing, recreation and light shopping all walkable. Add in the hotels and I think the stores will be plenty busy with walk up.

maxairmike

And what’s across the street from that? It also looks like new housing? I thought this area was just going to be CP housing and hotels

There are some regular apartments going in as well.

From the layout Flamingo Crossing is set out to do that with housing, recreation and light shopping all walkable. Add in the hotels and I think the stores will be plenty busy with walk up.

Which is fine for the CPs that don't *need* a car, but for anyone else living there in the non-CP apartments and hotels, a car is still a necessity to live and work, just like almost anywhere else in Orlando. I would say this would be a much better example if there were some kind of serious public transit option also included/available. It's basically SoDo for Disney CPs and some hotel guests. Nice, but still misses the mark.

castlecake2.0

I hope this area includes a good size buffer like the RCID has around Celebration, is there any official plan that has been released of the area?

Monorail_Red_77

I hope this area includes a good size buffer like the RCID has around Celebration, is there any official plan that has been released of the area?
There is some buffer around that is RCID property. But there is not much buffer to the south with Orange Lake Resort already existing and other land owners adjacent to WDW/RCID property there. It could be developed almost right next to Flamingo area. To the north of course there is tons of RCID land since this is near the water peculation ponds.

Here's a portion of a map I made from Orange Co. Prop Appraiser and drew in WDW/RCID prop lines in red. It si a little dated, Circa 5/2019. Still need to modify some recent Flamingo property changes.

1600435208800.png

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, November 29, 2020. Construction update on the new hotels along Flagler Avenue at Flamingo Crossings. A couple of the new hotels have signage. Landscaping is being installed.

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

The "pink and white" hotel will be a Fairfield Inn. See sign on fence in second photo.

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

JoeCamel

Photo update as of Sunday, November 29, 2020. Construction update on the new hotels along Flagler Avenue at Flamingo Crossings. A couple of the new hotels have signage. Landscaping is being installed.

View attachment 516281

View attachment 516282

View attachment 516283

The "pink and white" hotel will be a Fairfield Inn. See sign on fence in second photo.

View attachment 516284

View attachment 516285
Those are some big properties for their brands, must be some kind of attraction nearby.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
what are ALL of the apartment-looking buildings being built to the south of western way? I know the ones that are complete are for CP housing but are they building...more?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 92

maxairmike

what are ALL of the apartment-looking buildings being built to the south of western way? I know the ones that are complete are for CP housing but are they building...more?

The majority of them are CP housing. Remember they're replacing 4 regular sized apartment complexes with one mega complex, so that's a lot of housing, with other facilities as well (classroom space, rec/entertainment space, etc). There is at least one regular apartment complex going up, and I believe one of the other developments is a 55+ or retirement development as well.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The majority of them are CP housing. Remember they're replacing 4 regular sized apartment complexes with one mega complex, so that's a lot of housing, with other facilities as well (classroom space, rec/entertainment space, etc). There is at least one regular apartment complex going up, and I believe one of the other developments is a 55+ or retirement development as well.
oh wow why? a 55+ next to CP housing? big yikes.

maxairmike

oh wow why? a 55+ next to CP housing? big yikes.

I could be mixing up my developments, but off the top of my head I think that's what one of them is, or was slated to be. It's no worse than a regular upscale apartment complex next to CP housing will be. Not really any different than a similar development located in an urban location, or near a university/college, if that's what it ends up being.

Mike730

1606766326172.png

All of the buildings on this map are CP housing.
More here - CP Housing thread

The only apartments I personally know of are The Westerly. They are going between the two CP Housing complexes, in that area with the gridded trees in the photo above. More here- Flamingo Crossings Apts Thread

You can see them being built in the aerial photo below. They're west of Flamingo Crossings Blvd. One of them is black.
1606766809955.png

maxairmike

Forgot they were splitting CP housing across 2 parcels. Now the question is where the small Target is going, or if that got nixed for the one that's near the Vineland outlets. The large building in the lot next to 429 looks like it could be that, but I didn't think it would be "exclusive" for the CPs.

I still believe there's one other residential development back there in the works...oh, yeah, Meritage and Pulte own large lots on the north side of Hartzog just below the Westerly lot. The Pulte lot is a Del Webb 55+ community. I knew there was one getting developed back there, just not apartment style like I thought it was and my location was off because I forgot CP housing was getting split across 2 lots.

EDIT: Also, you can see the start of a new road at the bottom left corner of that last pic, currently cleared almost through to Avalon and looks like it will be 4 lanes with a median. Makes me wonder if they'll turn Flamingo Crossings Blvd. like they did with Reams when that got heavily developed and try to direct the majority of traffic down that new road, or even cut off the N/S stretch of Hartzog completely.

Last edited:
I wonder what happens to the CP complex if the College Program isn't coming back for a few years, or at all. HR/Recruiting department has been decimated in the layoffs. Does Disney sell it off as apartments? Or just hold on to it and wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom