Flamingo Crossing Hotels

peter11435

Makes sense, that just makes me think they’ll try to sell it off eventually that concerns me
Even if they did it wouldn’t be that big of a loss. Really no different from how they handled and sold off the crossroads and little lake Bryan area. Or on a larger scale celebration.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Even if they did it wouldn’t be that big of a loss. Really no different from how they handled and sold off the crossroads and little lake Bryan area. Or on a larger scale celebration.

Was little lake Bryan ever part of reedy creek and then annexed or was that area bought later on for development?

the.dreamfinder

That sprawl already exists all around the Florida property and will continue with or without Disney. Best for them to have some control in the direction it takes
I don’t necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but Flamingo Crossings was a cash grab to monetize an undeveloped quarter of property far away from traditional tourist corridors like 192 and I-4, which is where Crossroads is/was.

castlecake2.0

That sprawl already exists all around the Florida property and will continue with or without Disney. Best for them to have some control in the direction it takes

I hope the plan is to continue to have a buffer around property, even with the sell off of celebration it still works nicely at keeping the tacky sprawl away a bit

castlecake2.0

They are buying land. They’ve purchased roughly 3000 acres over the past couple years, largely to stop more development.

Do you think they regret selling off the celebration area? I find it weird they would develop certain things to sell off then end up buying 100s of acres beside it later.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I just hope this doesn't turn into an extension of 192. I can deal with a 535 (area north of I4) or an area equivalent to the south of Sand Lake on I Drive. But if we start seeing a CiCi's, a Denny's, and a Fun Spot going up. I'll get worried. Maybe they can relocate (or create) a Crossroads area there. That wouldn't be terrible.

castlecake2.0

I just hope this doesn't turn into an extension of 192. I can deal with a 535 (area north of I4) or an area equivalent to the south of Sand Lake. But if we start seeing a CiCi's, a Denny's, and a Fun Spot going up. I'll get worried.

I’m really hoping that it will take a similar look of hotel plaza blvd/ little lake Bryan and not turn into a disaster like 192

Monorail_Red_77

Do you think they regret selling off the celebration area? I find it weird they would develop certain things to sell off then end up buying 100s of acres beside it later.
WDW still owns property in Celebration. But it is more like several office buildings. Also, don't forget Reedy Creek still owns large swaths of land around Celebration that fully encircles Celebration. That's why the recent land purchases to the north east of Celebration help add to the buffer. I too don't like the idea of WDW selling off property. Four Sesasons area for one. Celebration being the other. I would rather they lease the land out and retain ownership, like with Disney Springs area and some of Flamingo Crossing area. Though they have sold off some of the Flamingo crossings areas to third parties.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
WDW still owns property in Celebration. But it is more like several office buildings. Also, don't forget Reedy Creek still owns large swaths of land around Celebration that fully encircles Celebration. That's why the recent land purchases to the north east of Celebration help add to the buffer. I too don't like the idea of WDW selling off property. Four Sesasons area for one. Celebration being the other. I would rather they lease the land out and retain ownership, like with Disney Springs area and some of Flamingo Crossing area. Though they have sold off some of the Flamingo crossings areas to third parties.

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom