WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

halltd

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t plant anything in the median. Normally new roads are pretty well landscaped.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, March 14, 2021. For several weeks now, concrete pilings for the new Floridan Way overpass have been in work. This overpass connects Floridan Way south to World Drive south, near the gas station south of the Magic Kingdom parking lot. The view in the below photographs is looking south on Floridian Way. The new road leading to the overpass already has curbs.

IMG_3303.JPG

The top of Spaceship Earth can be seen in the below photograph, just above the trees on the left.

IMG_3305.JPG

castlecake2.0

Photo update as of Sunday, March 14, 2021. For several weeks now, concrete pilings for the new Floridan Way overpass have been in work. This overpass connects Floridan Way south to World Drive south, near the gas station south of the Magic Kingdom parking lot. The view in the below photographs is looking south on Floridian Way. The new road leading to the overpass already has curbs.

View attachment 539692

The top of Spaceship Earth can be seen in the below photograph, just above the trees on the left.

View attachment 539694
I hope we don’t lose that cool intersection at seven seas and Floridian way.

also I hope they continue to add some landscaping around these projects so it doesn’t look so barren

maxairmike

I hope we don’t lose that cool intersection at seven seas and Floridian way.

also I hope they continue to add some landscaping around these projects so it doesn’t look so barren

That thing was the bane of my existence for several years, and it can't go away soon enough. It's great if you're going south on Floridian Way or west on Seven Seas, but if you have to go north on Floridian or left onto Seven Seas during park hours...

castlecake2.0

That thing was the bane of my existence for several years, and it can't go away soon enough. It's great if you're going south on Floridian Way or west on Seven Seas, but if you have to go north on Floridian or left onto Seven Seas during park hours...
I guess it’s because I’m usually driving through there at off peak times. I just always thought it was a cool design you’d never see anywhere else lol. Also the intersection isn’t as busy now that you can go south on world drive on the auto plaza side.

drnilescrane

I guess it’s because I’m usually driving through there at off peak times. I just always thought it was a cool design you’d never see anywhere else lol. Also the intersection isn’t as busy now that you can go south on world drive on the auto plaza side.
That's the problem though - the geometry of the road means you can't see who is coming towards you from Seven Seas when driving north, you just know that they potentially won't stop (even if they are probably turning right). Now that movement is rarer I wish they'd turn it into a stop until it is rebuilt completely.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom