Old Compserve Disney Forum

jrr4

Original Poster
I had some reason to reflect back many years ago to when I participated in a Disney Discussion board on Compuserve - this would have been the early 90s I suspect.

Did anyone here participate there? There was a guy who was a cast member (in the video production department if I remember) who posted diaries of the opening of Disneyland Paris that were a fascinating read. I'd love if they were archived somewhere that someone knew of...

Jwigmore

I had some reason to reflect back many years ago to when I participated in a Disney Discussion board on Compuserve - this would have been the early 90s I suspect.

Did anyone here participate there? There was a guy who was a cast member (in the video production department if I remember) who posted diaries of the opening of Disneyland Paris that were a fascinating read. I'd love if they were archived somewhere that someone knew of...
Hi my name is John. Not only do I remember that but there was also a group called the Florida form rangers or FFR. The gentleman you are talking about Was Dave Pool he was a producer I’m sure if you look up you’ll be able to find him he did a lot of the Christmas shows the specials that you that they used to show on TV. We used to gather once a year right before Christmas sometime in December he used to schedule a lot of behind the scenes tours for us before that was ever done. There were people from all around the world who used to attend it. People from all walks of life from high-powered lawyers to store clerks. They all had one thing in common the love of Disney world. they even hosted a little dinner for us every year and had an executive from Disney come and basically pick our brains. I’d like to think that we were directly responsible for them implementing all of the different behind the scenes tours you can do today. And I don’t really remember what happened but I think when CompuServe started to fall apart so did our group. I seem to remember it was in the mid to late 80s and then into the 90s. like I said before it was right before Christmas and back then the park used to be very slow, and one of our traditions was, what we used to call hijack the jungle Cruise boat. Basically there was enough of us to fill the entire boat we would do this late in the evening, and then we would steal all of the lines of the captain of the boat. It was pretty hilarious. Good times. It’s hard to believe it’s been over 35 years ago. I actually have some old video tapes of these events I should dig them out transfer them and put them on YouTube it would be great

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Then you probably remember Larry. The other Larry. Not me, although we occasionally discussed the same issues.

Key memory I have of the old Forum Rangers was being asked for suggestions to call the three tiers of hotels on property. Deluxe and moderate were already set; they were looking for a name for the lower tier. The consensus came up with "values."

And so they became.

danyoung56

I remember that group. Dave Pool, Larry, Bob Richmond, playing trivia on Tuesday nights - lotsa fun! I met the guys once at Downtown Disney. We ended up at the Adventurers Club, and everybody wanted to sit like a log, so I split.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I was never in the compuserve group, but I remember participating in Disney related usenet groups such as rec.arts.disney.parks

jloucks

Not Compuserve, but BBS's in general. I vaguely remember Disney forums, but back then I was mainly into girls, cars, and SciFi.

Nerd!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom