Pre-Trip 7th Trip to Celebrate a 7th Birthday

I am super excited!

Only 41 more sleeps until we head down to the World to celebrate my oldest turning 7...and this will be his 7th trip. 7 in 7....not bad!

Our wonderful cast includes myself - a Disney obsessed 31 year old that belts out Disney songs whenever Ig et the chance....and annoy my hubby! I don't have a favorite park....I have something I love in each park! I love the Castle in MK....and that feeling you get when you walk up Main Street USA. I love the sounds of Epcot and the smells of Spaceship Earth. Riding the tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios...and Always buying Popcorn when we get off Toy Story Mania. Finally I love going on a two week Safari in Animal Kingdom! Mostly I love how when we go to Disney World...we emerge ourselves in the Disney Bubble and act like kids and enjoy seeing our kids enjoying every second of it. My husbands wasn't a huge Disney fan...until me :) He now loves Disney...and I am proud of that! His favorite park is Epcot! He loves the Japan pavilion and can spend all day there!

Together, we have two amazing boys! Yes one talks way too much and repeats himself and questions everything, and the other yells and screams and constantly wants our phones or ipads.....but we LOVE them to pieces. Our talker is the oldest....the one that will get to Celebrate his 7th birthday in his favorite place. He says he is not a baby...and doesn't "like" a long list of Disney stuff anymore....however we know it's not true....we catch him watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when he thinks we don't see him! :) Our youngest is currently 18 months....and he is a HANDFUL! He has a head full of long curls that I put in a ponytail and will finally cut in Disney! He loves Jake and Doc McStuffins.....and LOVES Mickey!

We will be staying at All Star Sports....with updated Free Dining! We will be there from 10/3 -10/12! We will be there for 9 glorious nights! We arrive quite late Friday night. We will be leaving NYC at 6pm, arriving at MCO at 8:45pm! Hubby will work 1/2 a day...and oldest son will be heading to school since he will be missing 5 days while we are away! He gets out at 2...so I plan on having everything ready by the time I have to pick him up. One thing I am debating is whether we will get our own luggage once we get to MCO. I want to get the kids to bed ASAP since we do have an early first day. Hoping we get to the resort by 10pm...and it will be shower and straight to bed! We will probably get something small to eat the food court since I am sure we'll be hungry by then.

With kids...with my kids....it's hard to plan out anything! I know some days may seems like we are pushing for a lot...but I have learned with kids....nothing is ever like you plan it! So if we can't do something...no big deal! We have been to Disney plenty of times...and plan on heading back plenty more. This is more or less what I wish we could do...but by no means are my plans set in stone....we learned that our last trip when 3 out of 4 of us got sick! My little guy was 9 months old and had a fever for 4 days straight...then my oldest got it...and then I did! It certainly put a kink in all our plans...and I am glad we decided to do the quick service dining plan!

Saturday October 4th - First Park Day!

In typical Disney fashion...our first Park will be MAGIC KINGDOM! They are open from 9-10 with EMH from 10 - 12.

We have a SUPER busy first day! I am hoping we aren't completely exhausted because I want us to be there for Park Opening! I am usually the first one up when on vacation. I like to get myself dressed and ready and make sure I haven't everything packed for the day before I wake up the kids. So I will probably be up at 6:30 then wake up the troops by 7. One thing that really dragged us last trip was the Food Court at Pop....wow! It killed so much time and we always got to the parks later than we wanted. With Music being under construction and Sports Food court being fairly new...I am planning that it will be a bit chaotic, so we will be skipping Breakfast this first morning until we get to MK! I know the two main things EVERYONE will be running too in MK will be Anna and Elsa and 7 Dwarfs! I am hoping that because of this, the rest of Fantasyland will not be too crazy and we can do Peter Pan, Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Carrousel, Ariel and Dumbo without too much of a wait! At some point between entering the park and running to FL we will stop for some breakfast. I'll probably run back to Main Street to get some Starbucks after the morning crowds have died down. Since we will be in FL, most likely we'll pick up something at Gaston's. Our first FP is for Space Mountain from 10:50-11:50, So probably at around 11:30 we'll start making our way in that direction. Right after Space Mountain we have a date to save the world from the Evil Emperor Zurg at 12:10-1:10. After Buzz we will probably do Carrousel of Progress and the People Mover and then make the trek back to Main Street where if I haven't done so already, I will proceed to get the LARGEST cup of coffee I can at Starbucks....because our next adventure may require the caffeine!

Where are we going??

Harmony Barber Shop!

So our youngest is 18 months...he will be 20 months when we go...and he has long hair! Long enough that I pick it up in pony tails sometimes. I love his hair....and so does my husband....in fact NONE of us want to cut his hair....but we figured being at Disney...it would make for a very special first hair cut. So we booked his cut for 1:30 and for my oldest at 2 (he is just getting the colored gel put on) I am NOT going to be cutting a lot....a trim. So I have a photo plan as well. I want to sit him on Main Street looking at the Castle and take a picture from behind showing his hair. Then after the cut...we want to sit him in the same spot and take the picture with him wearing his ears that say First Hair Cut! Cute right?!?! So yeah....we have NO clue how it will go since he has NEVER had a haircut! It may go either way.

After the haircut we will TRY to find a spot to watch the Festival of Fantasy at 3pm. If we can't find a decent location...no big deal! We will just make our way towards Liberty Square...maybe do Hall of Presidents or try to get on Haunted Mansion. We have reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:25...so around 4 we will go check in. Now this is a new restaurant for us. My husband is SO excited to try them out....he is loving the idea of their Thanksgiving Meal! Quite frankly so am I! :)

After dinner we will have to hightail it over to Fantasy Land....because we have FP's for 7 DWARFS MINE TRAIN!! :happy::D:p:cool: hopefully we make it...since the time for our FP's is from 5:25-6:25. I don't plan on being at dinner for 2 hours, but you never know.

After our ride with the 7 Dwarfs...we will see how tired we are....we may call it a night and head back to the room and enjoy the pool, weather permitting. Chance I may return with our oldest late in night to get a few rides on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder.

So that's it for now...there is our first two days! Hopefully tomorrow i'll put up the rest! :D

DisSplash

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I love that each of your kids will get to celebrate a special milestone there too -- a 7th Birthday and a 1st haircut!

I like how you count-down your trip by "sleeps" too. My son (10) counts it down by # of days and that 1 extra "sleep!"

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I love that each of your kids will get to celebrate a special milestone there too -- a 7th Birthday and a 1st haircut!

I like how you count-down your trip by "sleeps" too. My son (10) counts it down by # of days and that 1 extra "sleep!"

Yeah...we always try to Celebrate something....one year we celebrated "Family" and decorated our Pins to say so and got such a cute response from all CM's!

The birthday boy has an idea that we MAY be going...since we did have to ask him some questions...but he isn't sure. I think this is the last time I can really keep it hidden from him! He asks way too many questions! lol

Wow, sounds like a great plan! I hope you have a magical trip! :)

Thanks! Our last trip wasn't the "magical" trip we expected and planned. 3 of us getting sick made it really hard to enjoy ourselves...especially when the 9 month old was one of the sick ones! :( We still had a blast....any Disney trip is always great...but I am hoping we really have a "magical" trip!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Sunday October 5 - DHS - 9-7:30 EMH 7:30-9pm

Reservation: Hollywood and Vine - 9:10am
FP1 Toys Story Mania 11:25-12:25
FP2 Star Tours 12:30 - 1:30
FP3 Tower of Terror 1:55 - 2:55

Today we will be heading to one of my oldest's favorite parks....Hollywood Studios.

He finally rode TOT and Rockn' Roller Coaster for the first time last trip! HE LOVED them! We must have done TOT about 5 times in a row one night! lol

Today we will once again have an early morning. We two major things we have to do this morning. We have a reservation for Breakfast with some of our favorite Disney Jr Friends! We will be heading to Hollywood and Vine for a 9:10am Breakfast reservation! I am super excited for this since our 18 month old LOVES Jake, Sophia and Doc!!! I cannot wait to see his reaction!

Another mission we have to accomplish today - JEDI TRAINING! Plan is to hopefully be allowed into the parks a few minutes before official park opening. I will then have hubby wait will the baby while I drag our oldest to sign up! Last trip we ran and got him all signed up only be RAINED out! He was SO disappointed! We did get a cool Meet and Greet with Darth himself...but he wanted to DEFEAT the Dark Side...so he is dying for a rematch! lol. Once we get him signed up we'll run back and check in for Breakfast! After breakfast we plan on heading over to continue our Disney Jr morning and see Disney Jr Live! After this we'll have our first FP of the day with Toy Story Mania, maybe try to meet Buzz and Woody & then get my Popcorn and Frozen lemonade by TSMM! then head over to Star Tours....i'm hoping around this time is that we will have the Jedi Training, then after we will head to TOT. Hopefully then we will be able to get a FP for RnRC! Hubby will probably do Disney Jr again while I do TOT and RnRC with our oldest! I know he is going to want to ride as much as possible. In between all our fun we will be having lunch in our favorite Pizza place....Pizza Planet! I know a lot of people do not like PP, but we love it! Our oldest LOVED it so much his first time....since he LOVES Toy Story! And even though all the pizza is the same...I swear it tastes a BIT better in Pizza Planet :)

We may stay for EMH, or at some point head back to the room, take a swim...and then maybe I will go back with our oldest or we all will - depends on how we all feel. We tend to burn ourselves out somedays....and I DO NOT want to do that this trip! Especially NOT on day 2!
So there you have it...park day 2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom