7DMT is currently on fire (11/1/14)

Disneyhead'71

See, this is what happens when dwarves delve too greedily and too deep . . .
It was a Balrog?

Poster_3.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Clearly not just "one" of those things as this was the second time in the past year.
As you said earlier, its the second one that is known. Could be more. I hope that management is looking into this today with a fine tooth comb.

I hope someone in the upper levels is FURIOUS that this happened again, but I also fear that they may have the simple attitude of "we dodged a bullet and nobody was injured", or even worse, "how could we turn this into a hard ticket event for the future?" (jk)

WDWFantasmicFan

As you said earlier, its the second one that is known. Could be more. I hope that management is looking into this today with a fine tooth comb.

I hope someone in the upper levels is FURIOUS that this happened again, but I also fear that they may have the simple attitude of "we dodged a bullet and nobody was injured", or even worse, "how could we turn this into a hard ticket event for the future?" (jk)
Exactly, the second one in 1 yr is a little concerning. But, luckily they were not too damaging/bad. I am pretty sure management are looking carefully into how to ensure it doesn't happen again. I am sure that they are happy that nobody was injured in either incident, although I am confident that something will be done to reduce the chances of a similar event in the future - although this may not be something that we visibly see.

PhotoDave219

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the culture that has been cultivated (as well as a few comments relayed to me) is that no one is that ed. Which is a giant problem. Management tends to take that cavalier attitude, which is wrong. My observation in the past is that the only people ed about it would be the front line fireworks crew.

I mean, could you imagine if that ember landed in an unattended stroller with a blanket in it?

That is true - We don't know exactly for certain what caused it. But I would suspect that something will change -whether it be pryo launch locations, wind thresholds or something else. Time will tell...

Wind direction/threshold would be the easiest. If there is a brisk wind if out of the north, they either have to remove elements from the show or not have the show. One hopes a change is coming.

WDWFantasmicFan

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the culture that has been cultivated (as well as a few comments relayed to me) is that no one is that ****ed. Which is a giant problem. Management tends to take that cavalier attitude, which is wrong. My observation in the past is that the only people ****ed about it would be the front line fireworks crew.

I mean, could you imagine if that ember landed in an unattended stroller with a blanket in it?

Wind direction/threshold would be the easiest. If there is a brisk wind if out of the north, they either have to remove elements from the show or not have the show. One hopes a change is coming.
I suspect that the show threshold will be changed. They can abort any pryo launch remotely literally seconds before it actually fires. Therefore if the wind suddenly gets up, then they can abort certain launches and run a reduced display - a bit like Fantasmic's 'rain show' but instead a 'Wishes wind show'?!?

PhotoDave219

I suspect that the show threshold will be changed. They can abort any pryo launch remotely literally seconds before it actually fires. Therefore if the wind suddenly gets up, then they can abort certain launches and run a reduced display - a bit like Fantasmic's 'rain show' but instead a 'Wishes wind show'?!?

Which makes sense. Ive seen the system up close and personal during a show, Fire One is pretty cool that way

WDWFantasmicFan

I'd love to see some photos of their setup. However, I suspect that it is a guarded secret so no photos are allowed.

This is from Disneyland, but i believe it is a similar principal:

Not for Wishes! but another WDW fireworks display:

Not all about Disney, but some of it is:

No, its a commercial setup. Double check with @marni1971 but I'm 99% sure they still use FireOne. http://www.fireone.com/product_overview.htm
And yes - I too believe they still use the FireOne setup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom