Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

OG Runner

The challenges are always either the top two distances, or all distances though. I guess it depends on how you look at the groupings.

You are right. Can you imagine if they did do it though? If you did the Dopey would you then get seven medals?
I have seen some Dopey finishers that insist on wearing all of their medals. Add a seventh and there could be back
problems involved. :D

pdude81

You are right. Can you imagine if they did do it though? If you did the Dopey would you then get seven medals?
I have seen some Dopey finishers that insist on wearing all of their medals. Add a seventh and there could be back
problems involved. :D
I understand being proud of your accomplishment and wanting a picture with all your medals with Mickey at the end. I don't understand wearing a bunch of medals in the park for days though. I'm not hating... just don't get it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I can almost bet international travel won't be back by January considering the current state of things, especially in Florida. I wonder if Disney will let people change their registrations?

pdude81

I can almost bet international travel won't be back by January considering the current state of things, especially in Florida. I wonder if Disney will let people change their registrations?
Right now on the FAQs it says that you can't do medals in the virtual unless you are in the USA. I'm not sure how that would all play out down the line if travel is restriction at the time of the race.

OG Runner

I understand being proud of your accomplishment and wanting a picture with all your medals with Mickey at the end. I don't understand wearing a bunch of medals in the park for days though. I'm not hating... just don't get it.

I am not hating either, though it does amaze me. I ran into a gentleman, from another country, the day after the Marathon in 2015.
He was wearing all of the medals he had earned from Disney races. I swear he was wearing at least 15 medals.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I definitely would have predicted the 10K before the Half. Actually, I would have thought Dopey before the Half too...
I figure it may be because the Half is getting bibs pulled from both the Goofy and Dopey estimated allotments, while the 5K and 10K only have some pulled from the Dopey

OG Runner

Me too! Registered for Dopey at 10:08.

I think I figured out their system, they open up the queue at 9:45 and the queue system waits and randomizes the early entrants at 10:00 when they start issuing time estimates.

I clicked to register as soon as it went live at 9:45 on my phone. I got back to my desk 6-7 minutes later and pulled up a registration page on Chrome, IE, and Firefox a few minutes before 10:00.

Here’s the result from my phone:
View attachment 574983

All three of the others on my computer had a lower wait than my first log in. This picture is from the same time:
View attachment 574981

I tried new browsers again after 10:00 just to see and they were all over an hour, so I think the queue system randomizes until 10:00 then adds new people to the back who click to register after 10:00.

So that is why none of us could get in earlier. :D (just kidding)

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
So that is why none of us could get in earlier. :D (just kidding)
Haha! I’m sure I’m the first to come up with the strategy 😉

Since it’s apparent that the queue doesn’t switch to FIFO until registration opens at 10AM (no one gets through to actually register before then as the circles spin for everybody til 10 when they give the wait time estimate), why not give yourself more chances at the queue placement lottery? It doesn’t end up actually impacting anyone’s true wait time because, as people get through, everyone’s 45-60 minute estimate drops to 10ish minutes pretty rapidly as people close their additional browsers.

pdude81

Since it’s apparent that the queue doesn’t switch to FIFO until registration opens at 10AM (no one gets through to actually register before then as the circles spin for everybody til 10 when they give the wait time estimate), why not give yourself more chances at the queue placement lottery? It doesn’t end up actually impacting anyone’s true wait time because, as people get through, everyone’s 45-60 minute estimate drops to 10ish minutes pretty rapidly as people close their additional browsers.
Kind of. It seems that some people wait to do a registration on each browser for different races rather than just finish one registration and then stay on the runDisney page to register for others. It can be confusing as it doesn't dump you right out there, but once you're allowed through to the main site you can stay on it.

For sure though a lot of those extra sessions were getting closed out cause the numbers were dropping fast early on.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Right now on the FAQs it says that you can't do medals in the virtual unless you are in the USA. I'm not sure how that would all play out down the line if travel is restriction at the time of the race.

Yikes on bikes. I've seen a LOT of international registration posts today. With the current state of Florida I HIGHLY doubt international travel will be back by January. I HOPE I'm wrong but they're taking a $$ risk.

OG Runner

Well I am glad you got in and registered and I did also. Now to keep training. It is amazing how fast the 5 months will go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom