Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I thought it was a great medal to actually spin around, unique. Wish I were getting it, but not enough to virtually get it.
Yeah, I like the big spinner on this one compared to the multiple little spinners on last year’s Goofy. I just can’t realistically convince myself that I would do a half and full on back-to-back days without organized races and I wouldn’t feel like I had earned the challenge if I split them up.

Sticking with just the full this time, which it appears I’ll be doing lots of virtually in 2021 as Charleston Marathon just went virtual too 😫. Keeping my fingers crossed that Myrtle Beach Marathon stays live, there’s a live half marathon there this weekend, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign!

Schema

Keeping my fingers crossed that Myrtle Beach Marathon stays live, there’s a live half marathon there this weekend, so I’m hoping that’s a good sign!

I just returned from Ocean Lakes, which is at the Southern end of Myrtle Beach, near Surfside Beach. From what I experienced, there is no reason to believe the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon will have any issues with proceeding as planned. The pandemic seemed to be a distant memory there. The only evidence of anything being different than pre-COVID was the nearby Chick-fil-A still being drive-through only.

Demarke

Premium Member
I just returned from Ocean Lakes, which is at the Southern end of Myrtle Beach, near Surfside Beach. From what I experienced, there is no reason to believe the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon will have any issues with proceeding as planned. The pandemic seemed to be a distant memory there. The only evidence of anything being different than pre-COVID was the nearby Chick-fil-A still being drive-through only.
I just signed up! Now the difficult part will be telling my gf I’m not making it with her to Edisto for the weekend. I’ll just count it as essential training for the Disney Virtual Marathon 😁

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just signed up! Now the difficult part will be telling my gf I’m not making it with her to Edisto for the weekend. I’ll just count it as essential training for the Disney Virtual Marathon 😁

I see lots of chocolate & roses in your future, lol.

Demarke

Premium Member
I see lots of chocolate & roses in your future, lol.
We just did a Charleston and Edisto weekend two weeks ago so I’m hoping she’ll be happy taking one of the girls along instead. Plus, confidentially, since the race is Sunday morning, I kind of want to stick around Columbia for the Auburn game (lots of family connections to AU) before heading toward the beach.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We just did a Charleston and Edisto weekend two weeks ago so I’m hoping she’ll be happy taking one of the girls along instead. Plus, confidentially, since the race is Sunday morning, I kind of want to stick around Columbia for the Auburn game (lots of family connections to AU) before heading toward the beach.

Really a glutton for punishment, aren't we. 😉

Demarke

Premium Member
Medal Monday: they put out a teaser for the Dopey medal today. Looks like an interesting movement, not sure if it is a spring, or hinge, or some kind of magnet set up, but looks like it has some freedom of movement almost like a bobblehead.

Dopey Medal on Twitter

Demarke

Premium Member
I posted this in various places but Disney has a math typo here. 3.1 + 6.2 does not equal 12...
Yeah, I was wondering what on earth was going on there too. Perhaps they were going for gritty realism by displaying Dopey’s real life math skills?

EDIT: I’m thinking it’s probably an animator’s error. I compared the animation from the reveal today:
9460CA9E-DE50-423B-8646-5A1223CF245C.jpeg

(No 3.1 or 6.2 visible)

With the photo of the medals from the runDisney blog post when they announced the event would go virtual:
4E24979F-73D4-4B6A-8E86-E970443E1801.jpeg

(It appears that both the 3.1 and 6.2 are on this version)

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Part of me is debating to pick up a marathon weekend half since it fits in so well with my training (just saw this on my plan)...considering it but not sure. This may be the one time I can take advantage of my extended training for Fairytale Challenge and take part in so many events along the way.

I know if Rival Run goes virtual I’ll probably be partaking in that challenge.

Surferboy567

Was toying with the option of upgrading my 10K to also include the shirt but they are sold out. In fact, I think all of the shirts are sold out.

All this wine and dine stuff is getting me excited for future races!

Greenlawler

I and about four of our friends who meet up every year for the Marathon Weekend are going to meet up at Disney and do a half on January 10th. Not sure where, as of now maybe at the 7 Seas Lagoon. Anyone want to join us? We have fast and slow runners in our gang but I think we all decided to take it easy that day.

Surferboy567

Quick update not sure how long it’s been like this but the Half and Marathon are now sold out. Leaving the 10K, Goofy, and Dopey as the only available races.

Surferboy567

Not sure where to post this but Disney Parks Blog just put a post up talking about more runDisney merch coming to shopDisney. Maybe marathon and princess weekend merch.

EDIT: It’s merch featuring “classic characters”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom