Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

awoogala

What is the afterparty like? First time running at Disney, so we got tickets. Is it pretty much like other Disney after hours events? anything I should know before I go?

awoogala

No its not like an after hours. Its more like EMH maybe? Only a few rides are typically open. Its more about character meets and food/drinks.
Is there something special about food/drinks? or is it just the wine and dine food booths that are open during the day?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Is there something special about food/drinks? or is it just the wine and dine food booths that are open during the day?
I’ve only done one, but if memory serves, it’s pretty much the same food and drink (@LAKid53, @Texas84, and I just had quick service fish and chips in England last time around), the biggest thing is the special entertainment and the special character photo ops. The party is included if you run the Half or Challenge. If you aren’t a passholder, it can be a good way to have a half day without wasting a whole day park ticket since the party allows entry at 5pm (although they usually start letting people in closer to 4:30 if memory serves). Then, after 9:00, head to World Showcase for the party, boat rides, entertainment, and photo ops.

I think there ought to be a good number of us that will meet up at some point during, I think you’ll have a fun time!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’ve only done one, but if memory serves, it’s pretty much the same food and drink (@LAKid53, @Texas84, and I just had quick service fish and chips in England last time around), the biggest thing is the special entertainment and the special character photo ops. The party is included if you run the Half or Challenge. If you aren’t a passholder, it can be a good way to have a half day without wasting a whole day park ticket since the party allows entry at 5pm (although they usually start letting people in closer to 4:30 if memory serves). Then, after 9:00, head to World Showcase for the party, boat rides, entertainment, and photo ops.

I think there ought to be a good number of us that will meet up at some point during, I think you’ll have a fun time!

I don't think the booths remain open for the entire party, if I remember.

awoogala

Baby runner, just doing the 5K- first race ever! I probably should have researched more before buying the party tickets, but what the heck! I don't usually eat anything at the food booths, since we're plant based, and there isn't a lot of options. Oh well, lots of pics with characters, I guess!

OG Runner

I hope everybody running Wine & Dine Weekend has a great time and make sure to stay safe and healthy.
I am running Marathon Weekend in January. I am sure Disney will be keeping a close eye on how your weekend
goes to determine how things will be handled in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom