$75 gift card offer now available on NEW bookings to CBR

That's awesome!! I'm anxious to hear from to hear more closer to my trip in mid August. What village is your room in?

We were in Aruba--building 52. I requested building 44 or 45 in Jamaica or 51 or 52 in Aruba and luckily we got it. I HIGHLY recommend requesting a building. If we were in one of the far flung ones, I would have hated staying there. We were right on the other side of the bridge from Centertown, so it was just a short (beautiful) walk to and across Caribbean Cay for everything.

Courtney6682

We were in Aruba--building 52. I requested building 44 or 45 in Jamaica or 51 or 52 in Aruba and luckily we got it. I HIGHLY recommend requesting a building. If we were in one of the far flung ones, I would have hated staying there. We were right on the other side of the bridge from Centertown, so it was just a short (beautiful) walk to and across Caribbean Cay for everything.

Awesome, thank you! I want to be close to the lobby in case we decide to use Uber instead of the buses.

Last edited:

dnaja

I just booked our stay last night for my daughter's birthday in June. My wife didn't want to stay in a value resort, so I thought this would be perfect. 75 bucks a day would cover most if not all out food! We stayed here for our Honeymoon and loved it, so we wouldn't mind the walls and dust.

But then doing a little poking, I'm starting to wondering if I missed the boat? Did the "offer" expire in March?
Ya, sadly you had to book your room prior to March 19th to take advantage of the $75 gift card.

Awesome, thank you! I want to be close to the lobby in case we decide to use Uber instead of the buses.

@Courtney6682, you might want to check on the status of the construction before you request a room. During our stay, the food court was still open, so being close to Caribbean Cay to walk across to the food court to fill up mugs and go to the pool was really nice. However, it did put us far from the bus stops. During your stay, the food court is more than likely going to be closed. They are converting a hotel room in each village to a place to fill up mugs and get quick snacks. In your case, it may be infinitely more convenient to figure out where those locations are and request a room close to the bus stop and the temporary food spots.

dnaja

@Courtney6682, you might want to check on the status of the construction before you request a room. During our stay, the food court was still open, so being close to Caribbean Cay to walk across to the food court to fill up mugs and go to the pool was really nice. However, it did put us far from the bus stops. During your stay, the food court is more than likely going to be closed. They are converting a hotel room in each village to a place to fill up mugs and get quick snacks. In your case, it may be infinitely more convenient to figure out where those locations are and request a room close to the bus stop and the temporary food spots.
Hey guys. We are major CBR Junkies and stayed there this past weekend. We stay there probably once a month and have for years. We love the Banana Cabana and it's not a trip without seeing Cathy, Jo-jo, Patrick and the gang there. As of this past weekend, the Cabana and Centertown were supposed to be closed BUT to our surprise they were open. They felt as if today would be the day they moved to the parking lot adjacent to the Fuentes del Morro pool. They have a nice, portable facility for drinks and have put tables in the sand close by. They also have a very large kitchen tent and other facilities set up along with a merch trailer. Obviously this will be where they serve breakfast and other meals. We stayed in Jamaica and had no issues at all. Barbados is closed and fenced off and will be torn down soon. All all they will lose 20% of thier rooms and expect the construction for two years. The Banana Cabana hopes to be open in 14 months and will have the same theming as the pool bar at the Wilderness Lodge. Hope that helps!!

Hey guys. We are major CBR Junkies and stayed there this past weekend. We stay there probably once a month and have for years. We love the Banana Cabana and it's not a trip without seeing Cathy, Jo-jo, Patrick and the gang there. As of this past weekend, the Cabana and Centertown were supposed to be closed BUT to our surprise they were open. They felt as if today would be the day they moved to the parking lot adjacent to the Fuentes del Morro pool. They have a nice, portable facility for drinks and have put tables in the sand close by. They also have a very large kitchen tent and other facilities set up along with a merch trailer. Obviously this will be where they serve breakfast and other meals. We stayed in Jamaica and had no issues at all. Barbados is closed and fenced off and will be torn down soon. All all they will lose 20% of thier rooms and expect the construction for two years. The Banana Cabana hopes to be open in 14 months and will have the same theming as the pool bar at the Wilderness Lodge. Hope that helps!!

Curious--do you mean Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge, because their pool bar was currently closed too. I do like the open air concept at Geyser Point--we really liked eating there.

I don't understand why they needed to cut off the sidewalk of the loop around the lagoon for the Barbados construction, although I didn't see it myself. Sucks for anyone who wanted to go jogging while they were there.

dnaja

Curious--do you mean Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge, because their pool bar was currently closed too. I do like the open air concept at Geyser Point--we really liked eating there.

I don't understand why they needed to cut off the sidewalk of the loop around the lagoon for the Barbados construction, although I didn't see it myself. Sucks for anyone who wanted to go jogging while they were there.
That is what we heard from the insiders in that it would be modeled after Geyser Point. As far the Barbados construction they are totally coming down so I am sure for safety reasons they needed a major barrier around the whole thing. If you look at the interactive map of CBR, for right now, Barbados is gone and nothing but trees are there. It really is a major deal. Sad as we love the resort. But anyway, progress I guess. I am thinking I am right on the Geyser Point. I'll have to ask the wife as I don't want to misinform anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom