70% capacity on DCL ships

ChuckElias

Original Poster

Interesting that they mention that 30% capacity is the lowest they could sail with and still be profitable. I would've thought that number would be a lot higher, personally.

Also, Platinum and Concierge guests may need to choose a Port Arrival Time in order to have a strict control of the number of people inside the terminal at a particular time.

Last edited:

jme

How are they going to decide who to kick off the ship?

Well, that would only be a problem for sailings that are already beyond 70% booked, and given the circumstances I doubt that many are. So they can simply limit capacity on the booking system moving forward (from whenever this decision was made internally, mind you). And for any that are currently overbooked - I would imagine they will reach reach out to some passengers with an offer of OBC or reduced fairs if they are willing to move, similar to how Airlines accommodate for overbooking. As far as which passengers they pick to offer - who knows. Maybe based on when they booked, their Castaway Club status level, number of guests in their booking, and/or category level (after all, a concierge cabin is more profitable than an interior cabin).

RememberWhen

That’s still feeing pretty high to me. We have a trip planned in February. One sister already said her family is a definite no. I suspect a few others in our group are also reluctant to go.
Hopefully the cruises start up again in November so we can see how things go.
I had hoped capacity would be closer to 50%, but maybe it will seem fine at 70%?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I'm wondering if they'll actually be able to have dining parties 6 feet apart if the restaurants are 70% full. And the CDC might require more than 6 feet between parties in order to resume sailing. So that might affect potential capacity.

RememberWhen

I'm wondering if they'll actually be able to have dining parties 6 feet apart if the restaurants are 70% full. And the CDC might require more than 6 feet between parties in order to resume sailing. So that might affect potential capacity.
Maybe add more seatings? A late late seating? Early bird?

Miss Bella

Well, that would only be a problem for sailings that are already beyond 70% booked, and given the circumstances I doubt that many are. So they can simply limit capacity on the booking system moving forward (from whenever this decision was made internally, mind you). And for any that are currently overbooked - I would imagine they will reach reach out to some passengers with an offer of OBC or reduced fairs if they are willing to move, similar to how Airlines accommodate for overbooking. As far as which passengers they pick to offer - who knows. Maybe based on when they booked, their Castaway Club status level, number of guests in their booking, and/or category level (after all, a concierge cabin is more profitable than an interior cabin).
If that's what they are planning they should stop selling cruises like WDW stopped selling rooms until they accommodated everyone.

KeithVH

A lot of ifs and maybes here. Might be better to see what the CDC says and how Disney FORMALLY announces whatever changes are necessary before we wet ourselves over rumors?

Miss Bella

A lot of ifs and maybes here. Might be better to see what the CDC says and how Disney FORMALLY announces whatever changes are necessary before we wet ourselves over rumors?
I wonder if they‘ll give people the option to cancel if they don’t like all the restrictions. That would get capacity down. I’m seriously thinking about booking this discounted January Dream cruise. The worst thing that can happen is it cancels and I end up at WDW. I can transfer for the money to my August European cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom