7 Dwarfs Cottage Scene -- Can't see it during the day

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm told that the animatronics in the cottage scene weren't working for the past several days. It's probably just as well because you can't see it during the day anyway -- too much glare from the sun!

Assuming they get the scene to work, they need to add something to reduce the glare. Maybe trees on your left to block the sun?

JohnD

Original Poster
I've ridden it about 8 times in the past 2 weeks....Snow White was only dancing 1 time and doc singing hi ho was slumped over once and not moving as well. Plus just walking by the ride has been down several times....not good

It went down on me Wednesday morning around 9 just as I entered the FP+ line. It was back up by about noon. But not completely because as we've noted the figures in the cottage weren't moving.

ToTBellHop

They do need to work on the cottage glare.

Operational issues are common with new rides. Somehow Universal largely gets a pass with Forbidden Journey's issues.

Otamin

I'm told that the animatronics in the cottage scene weren't working for the past several days. It's probably just as well because you can't see it during the day anyway -- too much glare from the sun!

Assuming they get the scene to work, they need to add something to reduce the glare. Maybe trees on your left to block the sun?
Trees?

I don't see much of those around the Magic Kingdom.

Joking apart, hopefully! But perhaps the current trees will grow a bit more?

WDWLover#1

What are FJ's issues?
I remember it did keep breaking down a lot at the beginning. I think that's what acquitted it to such long lines. In aug 2012 it was under an hour always and sometimes it was a walk on. Because it's a people eater when it works. If it stops for a periodic time its wait begins to build.

kma71677

I rode it yesterday. We tried getting on it when the park opened, but it was down due to mechanical issues. We did eventually ride it around 3p after 1 1/2 hr wait. The animatronics were working fine, but yes- there is a horrible glare and unless you look hard, you'll never see it during the day.

Love the ride anyway!!

cw1982

I rode it yesterday. We tried getting on it when the park opened, but it was down due to mechanical issues. We did eventually ride it around 3p after 1 1/2 hr wait. The animatronics were working fine, but yes- there is a horrible glare and unless you look hard, you'll never see it during the day.

Love the ride anyway!!

I wonder if we saw each other lol. We got there around 10:30 and tried to use a fastpass. We ended up coming back during Wishes with that same pass and got right on. Riding it at night was awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom