7 Days! Starting to freak out. :(

Soarin' Over Pgh

Ok. I've finally hit that 7 day mark, but instead of OMGYAY crazy excited, I've launched into panic attacks.

I haven't been on a plane in 15 years, and I'm rather nervous about it, to be honest. Luckily, my doctor knows I have an existing anxiety condition and I already have a script for anxiety meds- but still- I'm freaking out over the airport/flight/omg-ness of it all!

What do you do to calm your nerves?

Also... I plan on having a carry-on and a checked luggage. We're using DME, so the checked isn't a problem. However, when we check in to the hotel, it'll be around 10 AM. Can I leave my carry on there, or do I have to tote it through the park until my room is ready?

JIMINYCR

Check on the flight reservations the day before, go over your packing list to be sure everything is packed, place your Disney packet in your carry on, apply your DME tags to the checked bag, check to see that all your cash,gift cards, photo I.D.,etc. are in your wallet/purse, set your alarm clocks, recheck your ride to the airport. Now sure everything is proper, relaaaaax.
Then have a good meal, watch your favorite Disney film. relaaaax. Get a good nights sleep if you can settle down.
Get to the airport with plenty of time to get through security, move on to the right boarding gate. Listen to some good Disney music, read a book, relaaaax. Board the plane and breath, your on your way to the most Magical place in the world. Read a book, magazine, watch a movie, gaze out the window, or sleep.
Land in Orlando, go over to the DME area and show them your DME packet. Disney will take care of all the other details from here.

Upvote 0

Bethypoo

I think everyone feels a bit of anxiety about flying-especially these days. My mom hardly ever flys. When she decided to go to Ireland with my dad one year, she had to take Xanax and let the flight attendant know to wake her up when they got there. I just have a mimosa or glass of wine depending on time of flight.

I'm flying to Orlando in two weeks. I'm already planning on that mimosa. Try not to worry. I'm sure you will be fine.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I used to fly all the time, but now that I fly less frequently- my anxiety levels over it are much higher. In fact I'm flying this Friday...and again on Sunday + having to make connections since there are no direct flights for my destination. I haven't flown in 2 years and I'm getting nervous...but I'm towards the tail end of a 30 day squat challenge :D so I figure I can focus on my goal of 230 on Friday and 240 on Sunday. Aside from that, playing on my phone, having a drink or two, possibly reading, and sleeping - yes, this is kid free travel! Still, the key seems to be distractions. Don't worry- the flight will be in Orlando before ya know it and you'll be on your way to WDW :)

Upvote 0

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Thanks guys. :) I've decided that loading up my ipad with Disney movies is just about the only way to go. Well, aside from xanax in hand... and do they serve alcohol on flights at 6 in the morning? I have no shame.

Thanks for your kinds words.... my heart still races just thinking about it (god, I hope I don't get sick on the plane, lol) and I highly doubt much sleeping will take place Tuesday night... luckily, I have a full day of work that day, and it'll at least help me to not fret as much. Hopefully.

6 days! AHHHHHH.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Thanks guys. :) I've decided that loading up my ipad with Disney movies is just about the only way to go. Well, aside from xanax in hand... and do they serve alcohol on flights at 6 in the morning? I have no shame.

Thanks for your kinds words.... my heart still races just thinking about it (god, I hope I don't get sick on the plane, lol) and I highly doubt much sleeping will take place Tuesday night... luckily, I have a full day of work that day, and it'll at least help me to not fret as much. Hopefully.

6 days! AHHHHHH.

Just remember ...
All the coolest people visit in May ;)

Upvote 0

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
HAHAHAHA! My Mom is a huge Pens fan. I'm more of a Steelers girl.... I'd just about die to watch a Steelers game in DW. I'd stream it on my iPad while parked in line :)

My Mom hasn't seen most of the 'recent' Disney movies, so I'm thinking Wreck It Ralph is gonna be qued up for the ride down. I wish I knew what movies will be playing at our resort nightly, so I can sync up my lineup with theirs so nothing overlaps... yep, I'm that sometimes.

Princess and the Frog is a definite add to the list, and Tangled. I can't believe Mom hasn't seen any of them- she really has no idea about ANYTHING Magic Kingdom... it'll be good times. As long as I don't hyperventilate and puke on the plane.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom