7 Day Trip

I don't usually do trip reports, but I thought, "why not?"

I went to WDW for 7 days Sept. 23 through 29th. It's the longest I've stayed at WDW. Normally, I visit the resort 3 or 4 times per year, but this is the first trip I've taken since Dec. 2011 (I'm not counting the day trip I took on Memorial Day, since I was there for just a day). I've been spending more time at Disneyland, a resort I find to be much better. Maybe because it's "fresher" to me.

I didn't really have any problems with the parks or dany real fault with the attractions, though as much as I love Dinosaur, it's practically riding around in total darkness. With each successive ride I keep asking myself why there's nothing in there. I'm even used to Disco Yeti. You pass by so quickly I'm not even sure most guests would know whether or not he actually moves, so it's no wonder Disney is't i any hurry to fix it. I still find the Finding Nemo show to be a bit of a bore, and I kept missing FotLK. It's so far out of the way I never was in an area nearby to catch it. I finally saw firsthand all this netting under the tree of life, and I have to say it doesn't look at all like anything that they would plan to take down. It actually didn't look too bad...it's just that knowing what the views were like before make them disappointing.

At DHS, I find less and less to do there. There really is so many times you can watch those shows. I try to see each of the shows once per trip, though I end up always being unable to see one or two. I missed LMA! and VotLM...the former because it rained before the showing I was going to see and the latter because I was never in the area when it was going to start (I really hate standing around for 15 minutes for things like CBJ, VotLM, MuppetVision, etc.). Star Tours was mostly a walk-on, and the first night I visited ToT was, bizzarely, 45 minutes. Since the park itself wasn't too crowded, the single rider line at RNR wasn't too bad. However, TSMM infuriated me. They give out entirely too many FPs. The line constantly stretched to the entrance, an as a result, with the standby queue only half-full, the wait was 80 minutes!!! In fact in the 15 minutes I waited, the line only moved once: when a family left the line. I went to guest relations to complain about the distribution ratio, finding it unacceptable. If that line is going to be 80 minutes, the line should at least move. I ended getting three FPs for my trouble (something I already knew they would do). I was given a card to call-in and complain, but I figured that would be futile.

I think, in my 20-something park trips to Epcot, I've only seen it during daytime hours four times. As such, when I go, it's the evening, when Future World is practically empty. Spaceship Earth, to me, is one of those "one-time per trip" rides (much like IASW). Never having seen the Original Journey into the Imagination, I have no real complaints about this version, though I admit I don't reall see much of a point to the ride. I also don't mind The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I only did Soarin' once this trip, since I've been on the original at DCA several times this year I didn't try to squeeze in as much as possible.

For the first time, I visited the water parks. Since I have the Premier Pass, I decided to give them a try. I loved Blizzard Beach, despite the fact that I snapped my righ middle toe and cut my right big toe. I found the tobaggan slides and the one tube slide in the very back to be really fun, and ejoyed the lazy river. Summit Plummet, though fun, was a bit painful. So I only did it twice. I am a contact lense wearer, so I had a few discomfort moments, but for the most part no problems.

Typhoon Lagoon, on the otherhand, was not as good. I didn't like the wave pool's body waves only, and the first few times I kept scraping the top of my right foot against the rough floor of the pool. I finally got used to the once per minute waves, but I still prefer the waves at Blizzard Beach. My poor foot was in such bad shape I didn't dare try the shark reef, I didn't think the salt water would agree with my wounds. And the slides I didn't think were nearly as much fine. And whoever designed the stairways to the slides should die!!! I mean, what were they thinking??? You climb ten steps, then go down four, then up another six, then down another three, and so on until you reach the top. Based on the number of step you climb you should be at the top of Everest when it's all over!! I thought the Lazy river was ok...too shallow, though. And I felt the ground was hotter there than at Blizzard Beach.

I also did DisneyQuest, and am I glad I've never paid for it. What a waste of money. I was there for maybe an hour, and that was more than enough.

All in all, it was a pretty good trip. At this point in my Disney travelling life, I don't rush to do anything anymore, because I've done it all. I'll be going to Disneyland in December (my third for the year) and try to squeeze in WDW again before my AP expires). I've simply been more excited about DLR than WDW. They have more new stuff that I enjoy (WDW's new stuff are meet 'n' greets and DVC's, things I'm not interested in), so it's more compelling to visit, especially since I've been to WDW so much. Personally, I hope WDW does get Carsland, it really is good (and I HATED the films).

Britt

I am so excited to finally have Josh on board for a DL trip sometime soon (he was totally opposed asking WHY go there when we could go to WDW for almost the same cost...lol).

: ) Sounds like you had a pretty solid trip!

fosse76

Original Poster
I am so excited to finally have Josh on board for a DL trip sometime soon (he was totally opposed asking WHY go there when we could go to WDW for almost the same cost...lol).

: ) Sounds like you had a pretty solid trip!
Yeah cost is the big difference with DLR. Since I never stay at a Deluxe Resort at WDW, I really have no reason to at DLR. To me there is no real added benefit to all that extra money, when there are dozens of clean and safe hotels within walking distance. But that airfare is a killer! I am actually going to DLR again in December, and then I am going to try and squeeze in one more trip to WDW before my premiere pass expires. DLR is a must for any Disney fan, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom