$7.3 BILLION in profits...Guests NEED to start demanding things!

yensid1967

Original Poster
I just saw where the Disney Parks division made $7.3 BILLION in profits first quarter of the new fiscal year...
Now for all that money, I think guests can start demanding somethings in return...
#1- TALKING HEADS on ALL Characters
#2- Bring back ALL the furloughed entertainment to pre-pandemic status
#3- Pay Better detail to the little things that make a Disney Park special (the burnt-out popcorn lights on buildings!)
#4- Give some of that profit to the ones who truly deserve it-the CAST MEMEBERS on thr front lines MAKING THAT MONEY for the company!
My plan for the parks would be to address the chaos of Genie+...
-Get rid of Genie+
-Bring back FP for FREE
-Incorporate a PAID FP service for the MOST popular rides
-Or make FP a FREE service again! There was not this many problems as with Genie+
-Make FP a PAID service WHILE DECREASING THE ADMISSION PRICE BY THE AMOUNT OF FP'S PURCHASED!
(ADMISSION IS $120/PERSON/PARK, BUT EACH FP IS WORTH $2 OFF ADMISSION)

DO YOU THINK ANYTHING LIKE THIS WOULD WORK?

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Money, Money, Money, oh! yeah did I not mention Money! It's not about a quality guest experience. It's not about happy guests or guests having the perceived "Magical" moment. It's not about guests not wanting to leave or immediately planning for return visits because the experiences at the Disney properties are so awesome. It's about how much money can be gleaned off the guests while simultaneously reducing costs with a lesser quality product. I can guarantee guests were not opening their wallets and throwing money at the cashiers out of the goodness of their hearts rather the pricing models are vacuuming up the money out of the wallets (purses too). The guiding principle right now is take all you can get so long as the market can bare it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just saw where the Disney Parks division made $7.3 BILLION in profits first quarter of the new fiscal year...
Now for all that money, I think guests can start demanding somethings in return...
#3- Pay Better detail to the little things that make a Disney Park special (the burnt-out popcorn lights on buildings!)

-Get rid of Genie+
-Bring back FP for FREE
-Or make FP a FREE service again! There was not this many problems as with Genie+
-Make FP a PAID service WHILE DECREASING THE ADMISSION PRICE BY THE AMOUNT OF FP'S PURCHASED!

You do understand that the $7.3 billion dollar number is revenue, not profits right? The Parks portion of DPEP profit was just over $1.5 Billion? Kind of tells a different story, especially when you look at the complete set of financials and not cherry pick one line (inaccurately) to start a rant.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's not even close to right. The Parks, Experiences and Products segment (which includes parks, cruise line and merchandise -- much more than just parks) had $7.2 billion in revenue, not profits. Of that revenue, $2.2 billion is theme park admission, $1.6 billion ancillary park revenue (food, merchandise, tours), $1.5 billion is merchandise sold outside of the parks and resorts, $1.4 billion is hotel and cruise revenue, and $.4 billion is parks-related licensing and other.

The PEP segment had $2.4 billion in operating income -- still big, to be sure, but only 1/3 of your headline figure. And a good portion of that (although there isn't enough detail to tell) is from cruise and non-park merch.

All the rest of your rant is fine, but there's no need to justify it with inaccurate info.

buckeyegator

i will find you a padded wall, so you can beat your head against it w/o harm.thinking things that do not generate money are coming back is headbanging territory for sure.

Oddysey

-Get rid of Genie+
-Bring back FP for FREE

Unfortunately this type of profit performance is the precise reason that we as Disney fans have absolutely no power to demand anything. If we continue to pay for it, Disney will continue to serve less at a higher expense to the consumer. There is no incentive to change anything from Disney’s point of view.

heapster411

Love it when you read about people thinking the price will go down. Prices have been slowly nudging its way upward for years. It will probably hit a plateau for a year or so, ( like stopping at a rest area), and slowly move back on its way. You can almost think of it as taxes, ever heard of a temporary tax? To give you a example; Parking at resorts, People moaned and groaned, but it is common place now. Discounts for rooms, fewer and fewer. Annual Pass being a bargain, gone! We can stomp our feet, say we are not going, but in reality there are four more people to take our place. I am an old fart, that has been going for too many years to count, my price point is coming fast. Last trip paid full price for our room, that hurt. This trip, renting points is my only salvation.

Magenta Panther

Demand away, but your opening statement indicates they wont listen. Why would they?

The ONLY thing I think Disney will listen to is a pocketbook vote. Nothing else.

I agree. Don't go to a Disney park. There are better places out there. Go to Universal. Better yet, go overseas to the fantastic Europa Park and Phantasialand in Germany. Or the wonderful Eftling Park in the Netherlands. The cost would probably be equal to a trip to WDW, or perhaps even cheaper, and you'd see a level of theming and imagination you just won't see in a stateside Disney park right now. You'd get more for your money too.

If you MUST go to a Disney park, price a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. The cost is comparable (as I understand it) to a trip to WDW, and again, you'll get much more for your dollars there because "Disney" didn't build that park, nor does it run it. The Oriental Land Company does, and it respects the legacy of Walt better than anyone running the "Disney" company right now. That's my next Disney park destination, if I go to any Disney park in the future. Right now I'd rather go to the various interactive art installations opening up all over the U.S.A., like Meow Wolf's - those places have more imagination and originality and more of a feeling of magic than any theme park. There's an installation in St. Petersburg, FL right now - it's called The Fairgrounds. I've seen videos of it. It's awesome!

DfromATX

I prefer fast passes too, but as long as people keep buying Genie, they're not going to get rid of it. Prices aren't going to come down, but they could bring back more perks (or create actual good ones). I don't mind the ticket prices so much, but it's more that I feel I'm not getting a value for my money and the hotel costs are definitely way too high for what you get. I also feel like they no longer care about us. 😭

FutureCEO

-Get rid of Genie+
-Bring back FP for FREE

Please yell at Disney and not at us. Cap locks = yelling

jloucks

There are endless pages of Disney is too expensive and face facts Disney doesn't care what you think. The only way they will listen is if you stop going and profits tank. When you are are willing to settle for less and less -------you are the problem
I find it fascinating when someone gets to complaining about a luxury good/service being too expensive, and then buys that good/service.

...obviously not too expensive.

JIMINYCR

I find it fascinating when someone gets to complaining about a luxury good/service being too expensive, and then buys that good/service.

...obviously not too expensive.
Its human nature to complain about the cost of things. Luxury or non luxury. No matter what time period people have been living in, what the cost of living is at the time and what the income level they are at... the price of things is never low enough. Gripe, complain and threaten to not purchase... then when it comes down to acting, if they want it bad enough they will save, sacrifice other things, borrow, beg steal to make it happen. I dont care how high Disney goes in pricing things, people will find a way to make it work if they want it bad enough. I know someone will say lower income people will be priced out, but if they really want to go they will make it work. It may take longer to happen, but if the desire and will is there, nothing can stop a determined person.
Do I think Disney will reach a tipping point? Yes, then they will be forced to adjust pricing, give discounts, work in deals... but its showing at the present time theres no need for them to panic and drop any of their present actions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom