65 days out, but only see 30 days on the website.

eeyore_isno1

Original Poster
Old timer, but doing Fastpass+ for the first time. Having some concerns here. Checked the faqs etc, didn't see this.

We're staying at the Swan, and have a reservation for Oct 7th. We have separately purchased 5 day tickets direct from Disney. The Reservations page shows everything it should, the Swan, two 5 day passes, two Halloween party tickets and our dining reservations.

However, when I go into the Fastpass+ section, the date choices end Sept 2. Everything I've read said that Swan guests get 60 days as well as Disney resorts.

Why isn't it showing up to October 2? Is this normal?

eeyore_isno1

Original Poster
Well that's weird. Seems like programming it that way will just lead to a bunch of panicky people calling tech support lines.

Thank you.

Rob562

Having a hotel doesn't expand your reservation window to 60 days from today, it opens up 60 days from your check in. Since there is nothing tying the tickets you bought to your booked trip, it gives you the option/ability to use those tickets you bought in the next 30 days. (what's to say you're not jetting down there next week to use them and you want to go in and book FP+ for next week?)

At your 60 day mark, you'll see the immediate next 30 days in blue, then a stretch of greyed out days, and then more blue starting with your checkin date.

-Rob

correcaminos

Well that's weird. Seems like programming it that way will just lead to a bunch of panicky people calling tech support lines.

Thank you.
As said the idea is that you get 60 days from check in, not just 60 days so it makes sense that you cannot see 63 days out from now. Since you have valid park admission, you can pick at the 30 day mark which is why you can see those even. If you had no tickets at all you couldn't see any availability for FP.

eeyore_isno1

Original Poster
I get what you're saying, but I'm just saying that the user experience could be better, and it would definitely help their bottom line. The present experience is that the calendar hard ends in September, I literally cannot look at the month I'm visiting and it's only 2 months away. Some customers will absolutely freak out as that happens - "I"m supposed to get fastpasses tomorrow, but they don't even have October in the system yet!!!"

They know that I'm staying in October, and in 5 days that I'm going to have a 60 day window. Why not let me scroll to October? It would be very simple to shade those days in a different colour, and label them as 'Fastpass+ eligible in 5 days...' etc. Customer anxiety completely eliminated.

I get what you're saying, but I'm just saying that the user experience could be better, and it would definitely help their bottom line. The present experience is that the calendar hard ends in September, I literally cannot look at the month I'm visiting and it's only 2 months away. Some customers will absolutely freak out as that happens - "I"m supposed to get fastpasses tomorrow, but they don't even have October in the system yet!!!"

They know that I'm staying in October, and in 5 days that I'm going to have a 60 day window. Why not let me scroll to October? It would be very simple to shade those days in a different colour, and label them as 'Fastpass+ eligible in 5 days...' etc. Customer anxiety completely eliminated.

I remember thinking the same thing when I checked right before the 60 day mark.

AndrewsJ

Why not just wait until 60 days out to look. Even if you could see farther out you still couldnt do anything. It's not worth panicking over. You are overreacting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why not just wait until 60 days out to look. Even if you could see farther out you still couldnt do anything. It's not worth panicking over. You are overreacting.

Because if it's not in the system right, then by the time you get CS to fix it, you lose out on FPs to FoP and FEA.

This happened to me. Linked my sister's account to mine and everything looked right until the 60 day mark hit, and the system wasn't acknowledging that she and my brother-in-law were part of my friends and families and I couldn't make FPs for them as part of the group. I had to call her and we coordinated making FPs for ourselves with not-exact but overlapping windows.

A more user-friendly interface would show who I could make FPs for and when and let me browse the options as a 'preview' but stop me from actually making FPs until my window opened. This would pre-check all the parameters except the window. It would then tell me exactly when the window opened.

correcaminos

A more user-friendly interface would show who I could make FPs for and when and let me browse the options as a 'preview' but stop me from actually making FPs until my window opened. This would pre-check all the parameters except the window. It would then tell me exactly when the window opened.
Maybe it's me, but I think that wouldn't help either. When I look to make FP right now it just highlights the days I can pick. I don't need "previews" or anything. Actually it might tick me off more to see a FOP FP available one day but not the next. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe it's me, but I think that wouldn't help either. When I look to make FP right now it just highlights the days I can pick. I don't need "previews" or anything. Actually it might tick me off more to see a FOP FP available one day but not the next. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

The previews I suggest are to show the user how to make FPs, what attractions are on the FP system (and the difference between 1st and 2nd tier), and most importantly, that everyone in your party is accessible to make a FP for. As I mentioned above, I had no idea that my sister, even though she showed up under friends and family was inaccessible to me to make a FP for until the 60 day mark. And then when we found out, we were starting to miss out on the most coveted FPs and desired time slots. The preview is to make sure it all works and the user knows how it works so that when the 60 day mark hits, there are no issues.

correcaminos

The previews I suggest are to show the user how to make FPs, what attractions are on the FP system (and the difference between 1st and 2nd tier), and most importantly, that everyone in your party is accessible to make a FP for. As I mentioned above, I had no idea that my sister, even though she showed up under friends and family was inaccessible to me to make a FP for until the 60 day mark. And then when we found out, we were starting to miss out on the most coveted FPs and desired time slots. The preview is to make sure it all works and the user knows how it works so that when the 60 day mark hits, there are no issues.
I guess I see your point though honestly fear adding more would hose things up. Most everything we do though can only be done when the windows open up . Missing people is a bummer, but at least adding one person to FP later is easier than some things.

I am not sure what is the right answer. I lean towards it is fine as is, but see your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom