60th roofs being removed from Sleeping Beauty Castle

D

Deleted member 107043

After nearly 3 years, the last of the Diamond Celebration decor is being removed with the removal of Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle.

tumblr_ni11pnqnFJ1qhcrb0o1_500.gif

GiveMeTheMusic

The diamond roofs weren't in place during Christmas - they were removed and replaced with the Christmas roofs. Since the Christmas roofs are now coming off, what's showing is the actual castle roofs.

The real test will be what happens after the Christmas roofs come off. If the diamond ones come back...feh

Disney Analyst

The diamond roofs weren't in place during Christmas - they were removed and replaced with the Christmas roofs. Since the Christmas roofs are now coming off, what's showing is the actual castle roofs.

The real test will be what happens after the Christmas roofs come off. If the diamond ones come back...feh

Precisely...

Old Mouseketeer

And the real issue is if TDA budgeted the necessary repairs in the FY2018 budget. When they removed the diamond roofs after the 60th to install snow roofs they discovered the extended period of diamond installation had damaged the real roof. With no budget for repairs in the FY2017 budget, they had to reinstall the diamond roofs for another year. Unfortunately, they weren't designed to be removed and then reinstalled, so they had to be hastily repaired. I haven't heard the extent of the damage, but we could see scaffolding and castle scrim going up.

TP2000

Looks horrible. Hope the most successful entertainment company in the world can scrape together a few dollars to fix the most photographed icon at the most Instagrammed location in the world. I'm not going to hold my breath

A very, very good point there. I'm sure there's a plan to fix this. There has to be.

And is it just me, or is this the most aggressive winter rehab schedule we've seen in a long time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom