60 Minutes Report On WDW From 1972

Raineman

Original Poster
I stumbled on this little gem on YouTube last night-a 60 Minutes report from 1972 (featuring a young Mike Wallace), describing the impact of WDW on the surrounding area during it's first year of operation, and how it may impact the area in the future. My favourite part is the interview with Mr. Nunis, where he comments on teenagers' shift in intoxicating substance preferences (just watch, you'll see what I mean).

The Grand Inquisitor

I stumbled on this little gem on YouTube last night-a 60 Minutes report from 1972 (featuring a young Mike Wallace), describing the impact of WDW on the surrounding area during it's first year of operation, and how it may impact the area in the future. My favourite part is the interview with Mr. Nunis, where he comments on teenagers' shift in intoxicating substance preferences (just watch, you'll see what I mean).

Wow that is truly awesome!

Raineman

Original Poster
Great piece...so the lesson learned is, people blamed Disney for everything in 1972, and nothing's changed in 2020...
And, don't forget, according to Mr Nunis in 1972, it's better for the teenagers to drink beer than to ingest illegal substances, a sentiment which may have changed between then and now :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom