60 days on the dot, and denied!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
For the first time in forever (not meaning to invoke nice music thoughts there), when I went on this morning at my 60 day fastpass mark, I was unable to book ANY of the coveted fastpasses for our 5 day stay. (And as I am visiting my daughter in Sacramento was up at freakin 3:45 am)!
In multiple past trips we have never not been able to get at least a few favored fastpass choices.
I was unable to get SDD, 7DMT or FOP. I did get soarin. I used the trick of going to the hardest day first etc. But at 6:00 am, nada, zippo, zero, zilch!
I was wondering if I goofed up somehow or if there is some super cool trick I am unaware of to help. We are going the week of Dec 17-21. Weirdly did notice availability for all of the rides the day we are leaving later in the day, when we will be in the friendly skies headed home, (hopefully).
Any suggestions, strategies, tricks or tips to be able to enjoy at least a few of those rides via fastpass, would be greatly appreciated!
We of course can stand in line, but with a 5 day short trip was hoping to avoid the1-2 hour type lines, thanks!

Disneyfreak Jen

I’m sorry you weren’t able to get any of your choices. Keep on trying to modify your choices that you did make, someone somewhere will have to alter their plans and you may be able to at least get 7DMT, and then you’ll only have to do 2 on standby.

wild01ride

We're going 12/16-20 and ran into a similar experience.

We have a group of 11 but many chose to go it alone and select FP+ for individual groups of 2 or 3.

Miraculously, my cousin was able to get 9 of us in for FoP.
2 of us scored a 7DMT but not at an ideal time.

For many of the others, we had to just accept whatever non-ideal time or select a different attraction altogether.

It's really tough because we usually select which parks we plan to be at based on Dining plans or other factors and try to work in the FP+'s around that. It's clear that it isn't always possible to even get any time at some attractions.

The really tough thing is that you can't search for FP+'s at a different park if you have existing FP+ at another park. :bored:

Good luck!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
We're going 12/16-20 and ran into a similar experience.

We have a group of 11 but many chose to go it alone and select FP+ for individual groups of 2 or 3.

Miraculously, my cousin was able to get 9 of us in for FoP.
2 of us scored a 7DMT but not at an ideal time.

For many of the others, we had to just accept whatever non-ideal time or select a different attraction altogether.

It's really tough because we usually select which parks we plan to be at based on Dining plans or other factors and try to work in the FP+'s around that. It's clear that it isn't always possible to even get any time at some attractions.

The really tough thing is that you can't search for FP+'s at a different park if you have existing FP+ at another park. :bored:

Good luck!
Glad you could get a few for FOP, and I agree, not being able to see what is out there at other parks is annoying!
Thanks to all who have responded, will keep trying!

nickys

Premium Member
Keep a look out for park hours extending too.

Once those are announced, more FPs will be added for those hours, usually 24-48 hours later (but start checking a few hours after).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have some tips.

Tip 1. Suck it up buttercup. Shoulda booked a longer vacation if you wanted desirable FPs. How much do you really LOVE Disney if you are only staying for 5 days?

Tip 2. Dedicate your every waking hour to the MDE app. You never know when some poor sap will default on his HELO and have to cancel his trip. FP will open up at that point.

Tip 3. Call customer service and berate whatever CM answers the phone. They are going to eventually be earning $15 an hour!!!! So they deserve our scorn.

Tip 4. Have a Magical Day!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Some actual tips...

1. Make sure you are not trying to book 2 fast passes in tier 1. (eg FoP and Navi River Journey) You can only get one tier 1 fast pass.
2. Break up your party. If you have more than 4 people, try breaking up your party into smaller groups and get fast pass times that overlap.
3. Check back frequently including day of. Fast Passes are much more fluid than dining and spots open up all the time.

nickys

Premium Member
Some actual tips...

1. Make sure you are not trying to book 2 fast passes in tier 1. (eg FoP and Navi River Journey) You can only get one tier 1 fast pass.
2. Break up your party. If you have more than 4 people, try breaking up your party into smaller groups and get fast pass times that overlap.
3. Check back frequently including day of. Fast Passes are much more fluid than dining and spots open up all the time.

^^^^^ What he said

And to add,
4) If you already have a tier 1 FP, then you will need to modify that one in order to see times available for other tier 1 attractions.

So if you have Navii, modify that to see times for FOP
If you have TSMM or Aliens, modify that to see times for Slinky

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Never check in on a Monday if you want good FP access. Most of the people who are visiting your week are checking in one or two days before you, so they had access to the whole week before you did.

JohnD

Never check in on a Monday if you want good FP access. Most of the people who are visiting your week are checking in one or two days before you, so they had access to the whole week before you did.

My check in is a Sunday. When I logged on at 7am 60 days out, SDD was already gone.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have dedicated my life to getting a Slinky and or SDMT fasty passy. To no avail. I was told I could just check the app for a minute every day and i'd eventually get it. 47 days later, no luck. Also, FWIW, it takes quite a bit longer then a minute to check.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Hot diggity dog! Got a FOP fast pass, on our AK day, and even better at an excellent time!
It only took 8 days of around the clock checking MDE, and subsequently wearing off the finger print on the first finger of my right hand!
And, at this point, the plan is to hang out in the standby queue for SDD, and I might break down and pay for the Disney early morning magic gig at MK. (Not sure due to cost/value, etc.).

HwdStudio

For the first time in forever (not meaning to invoke nice music thoughts there), when I went on this morning at my 60 day fastpass mark, I was unable to book ANY of the coveted fastpasses for our 5 day stay. (And as I am visiting my daughter in Sacramento was up at freakin 3:45 am)!
In multiple past trips we have never not been able to get at least a few favored fastpass choices.
I was unable to get SDD, 7DMT or FOP. I did get soarin. I used the trick of going to the hardest day first etc. But at 6:00 am, nada, zippo, zero, zilch!
I was wondering if I goofed up somehow or if there is some super cool trick I am unaware of to help. We are going the week of Dec 17-21. Weirdly did notice availability for all of the rides the day we are leaving later in the day, when we will be in the friendly skies headed home, (hopefully).
Any suggestions, strategies, tricks or tips to be able to enjoy at least a few of those rides via fastpass, would be greatly appreciated!
We of course can stand in line, but with a 5 day short trip was hoping to avoid the1-2 hour type lines, thanks!
5 words to sum up this predicament. Busiest Time Of The Year.

JillC LI

I did get FOP recently at 60 days +4, but by the time I went back to get 7DMT on the 180 day of the trip, it was gone. I was able to get Space and Splash and BTMRR though so we'll just rope drop 7DMT at 7am.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I did get FOP recently at 180 days +4, but by the time I went back to get 7DMT on the 180 day of the trip, it was gone. I was able to get Space and Splash and BTMRR though so we'll just rope drop 7DMT at 7am.
I think you mean 60 days + 4 😉

nickys

Premium Member
There are numerous reports of FPs opening up for November and December, especially for FoP. I don’t know if this is related to park hours at AK being extended, but it’s likely. So when they start extending hours for DHS, the same thing will happen.

Keep looking!

Also, if you subscribe to TP and put your dates in your dashboard, you get emails notifying you of extended hours. You can the be prepared to start checking for FPs 24-48 hours later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom