60-Day Window Coming Up....

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
.... but the FP selection page on MDE only shows 30 days out. I was assuming that I'd be able to at least scroll to March but it won't let me. We're staying on-site and I have tickets linked to our MB.

I'm just a little concerned that when my 60-day window opens up next week I will still only see 30 days out and not be able to get our selections.

I'm worrying over nothing, right?

Weather_Lady

Yes, you are worrying over nothing. :)

You won't be able to see 60 days out until you actually hit your 60-day mark. If you want a taste of what might be available (or not) before that time, touringplans has a Fastpass+ availability calendar that goes out for 60+ days, although it's only going to tell you how many FP+ for a "party of one" are available. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

In general, if you're traveling during a time with average crowds, if you make your FP+ 60 days from arrival, a few things might not be available for the first couple of days (e.g., Avatar attractions, 7DMT, Frozen Ever After), since more people have had a chance to snap them up via their own 60-day booking windows, but you'll be able to get just about anything you want from about day 3 or 4, through the rest of your trip. (For that reason, you might want to schedule AK for the latter part of your vacation, if getting FP+ for one of the Avatarland attractions is a priority.)

nickys

Premium Member
.... but the FP selection page on MDE only shows 30 days out. I was assuming that I'd be able to at least scroll to March but it won't let me. We're staying on-site and I have tickets linked to our MB.

I'm just a little concerned that when my 60-day window opens up next week I will still only see 30 days out and not be able to get our selections.

I'm worrying over nothing, right?

You are worrying over nothing. Your tickets are part of a package, so are not valid ticket media until 60 days out from your check-in. At that point the calendar will open up. :)

Rob562

You are worrying over nothing. Your tickets are part of a package, so are not valid ticket media until 60 days out from your check-in. At that point the calendar will open up. :)

It will not show 60 days out until you hit that magical time of 7am eastern on your 60th day. It will show only 30 until that time. ;)

And to combine these two, based on what the OP said I can infer they bought their tickets separately from their hotel stay. Since there's no way for the FP+ system to know for 100% sure that the OP is *not* going to use those tickets in the next 30 days, they're given the ability to book FP+ in the next 30 days.

When the 60 day mark arrives, the window will magically expand to be the next 30 days from that date *and* their trip dates starting with checkin date. (@nickys the suggestion in your post would be accurate for those whose booking includes tickets and they can't get *any* access to the FP+ system until their 60-day mark)

-Rob

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
And to combine these two, based on what the OP said I can infer they bought their tickets separately from their hotel stay. Since there's no way for the FP+ system to know for 100% sure that the OP is *not* going to use those tickets in the next 30 days, they're given the ability to book FP+ in the next 30 days.

When the 60 day mark arrives, the window will magically expand to be the next 30 days from that date *and* their trip dates starting with checkin date. (@nickys the suggestion in your post would be accurate for those whose booking includes tickets and they can't get *any* access to the FP+ system until their 60-day mark)

-Rob

We are DVC members so the room was handled. We got the tickets separately through my husband's employer discount program and added them on later.

Yes, you are worrying over nothing. :)

You won't be able to see 60 days out until you actually hit your 60-day mark. If you want a taste of what might be available (or not) before that time, touringplans has a Fastpass+ availability calendar that goes out for 60+ days, although it's only going to tell you how many FP+ for a "party of one" are available. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

In general, if you're traveling during a time with average crowds, if you make your FP+ 60 days from arrival, a few things might not be available for the first couple of days (e.g., Avatar attractions, 7DMT, Frozen Ever After), since more people have had a chance to snap them up via their own 60-day booking windows, but you'll be able to get just about anything you want from about day 3 or 4, through the rest of your trip. (For that reason, you might want to schedule AK for the latter part of your vacation, if getting FP+ for one of the Avatarland attractions is a priority.)

You're exactly right - the three you mentioned (Frozen, FoP and 7DMT) are the ones we're looking for. When we went last year we were a little more casual about selecting them so I don't think I even looked until we were in the 60-day window. But then I started reading how hard the FoP ones are to get and thought I should pay a little more attention this time.

Thanks everyone!!

nickys

Premium Member

-Rob

Yep, I got that the wrong way round @Rob562, thanks for the correction. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom