60 Day Fastpass Window for Offsite Hotels

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The rides that go right at 60 days is, AFAIK, now only FoP. At 30 days, only 7DMT and FEA are additionally fully booked.

I don't know how much more adding in the Good Neighbors will fill out FP for the 31-60 crowd. I guess we'll see (if this rumor be true).
Fair point, but if you add all those rooms those 3 at least will probably all go at 60 days. Probably upset a lot of AP holders. Or maybe just drive them to book more dummy hotel reservations. They will have more resorts to choose from;)

Rumrunner

Two months ago, all the rooms of Disney were practically booked for the first week of December. For that week, I'll be staying at a the Hilton because of that. Disney doesn't have enough rooms and are turning away guest who want to book there, and because the guests can't, the guests don't have the privilege of paying more for a room than it would deserve for the perks you get with a Disney room.

Extending the perks to the Good Neighbor hotels by DS is an excellent idea. It gives guests staying on Disney property (the hotels there are physically on Disney property) access to those perks. It's sort of like WDW being able to expand the number of their hotel rooms to fit the demand. WDW has a whole slew of new resorts planned for all those extra guests... but they're certainly not going to be built before the SWGE crush.

And Dizney iz a biznezz. Because the Good Neighbor resorts are on Disney Property they pay a hefty rent and property tax to WDW/RCID. Having them full rather than all the other local hotels is good for WDW.
My point was if you stay at a Disney resort the fast pass advantage of 60 days lets you have first shot at fast pass openings. By extending that to many many others just puts the Disney resort customers at a disadvantage of sorts.
Disney is a business and it is a penalty, not a major penalty, to those that booked and planned ahead. If all the hotels are full I imagine a number of Disney resort stayers will be knocked out of some or their fast pass choices. Disney policies should be consistent and fair. This is neither.

awilliams4

i only know because an AP holder i know did this Saturday. however there is a caviot i didn't mention the fast passes were all at different parks so 3 per guest at three parks in this case.
Scouring the web over the past couple of days I have not found a single other post suggesting CPFP+ works when you transfer a FP+ from media that doesn't enter the park that day....well, it may work but if you do it a couple of times your MDE gets locked. I found only one post that says that you will get your MDE locked if you do this. All other posts about this (which are several hundred) all speculate that you will get your MDE locked if you do this. Wondering if your contact has some more specifics like did the FP+ that were transferred were on media that was used at any park that day. Was the FP+ actually transferred to media after that media entered the park that day. Here is the one post warning about getting locked if you do this:

http://forum.touringplans.com/t/locked-out-of-mde/35254

RSoxNo1

Scouring the web over the past couple of days I have not found a single other post suggesting CPFP+ works when you transfer a FP+ from media that doesn't enter the park that day....well, it may work but if you do it a couple of times your MDE gets locked. I found only one post that says that you will get your MDE locked if you do this. All other posts about this (which are several hundred) all speculate that you will get your MDE locked if you do this. Wondering if your contact has some more specifics like did the FP+ that were transferred were on media that was used at any park that day. Was the FP+ actually transferred to media after that media entered the park that day. Here is the one post warning about getting locked if you do this:

These aren't problems with MaxPass... just saying.

matt9112

I will have to ask for more details but I do know none of the other media entered the parks. so fastoasses were made for all 6 media and after they used the 3 at say epcot they went to AK where two other media guests had FP and changed the party. that's the key now that I think of it she said none of this was done from the fastpass modify screen. it was going into the party and completely changing who's in your party.

ChrisM

I will have to ask for more details but I do know none of the other media entered the parks. so fastoasses were made for all 6 media and after they used the 3 at say epcot they went to AK where two other media guests had FP and changed the party. that's the key now that I think of it she said none of this was done from the fastpass modify screen. it was going into the party and completely changing who's in your party.

I'm not going to go into all of the details but you're effectively correct. They are "parking" FPs in a separate account that is linked as a "friend" on MDE (say a friend who has an AP) and then, once in the park and having exhausted their own FPs, they do a "change party" on the parked FPs from their friends.

habuma

These aren't problems with MaxPass... just saying.

Agreed. We used MaxPass a few weeks ago and I was very surprised about how useful it was. We *almost* never had to go standby for the major attractions--and the crowds were somewhat heavy. We were even able to grab a MaxPass for Mission Breakout:Monsters After Dark right at 3pm (when the window opens up) while walking past an endless line of people trying to get a paper FP at the normal kiosks.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the need for me to have my physical tickets or my phone ready when it came time to check in for the MaxPass. Either option (phone vs. physical ticket media) had it's own form of inconvenience and I'd rather have just had a MagicBand that each member of my party could scan as they walked in. It would've been much faster.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of all the hotels I would give 60 day fastpass to is Shades of Green for our military families. They deserve it for all they do for our country.
That one doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I think they do get EMHs and other similar benefits. Must be something related to the reservation system not being linked. I would think it would be easy to link it but Shades of Green would have to be willing to spend the money since it’s not owned by Disney.

awilliams4

I'm not going to go into all of the details but you're effectively correct. They are "parking" FPs in a separate account that is linked as a "friend" on MDE (say a friend who has an AP) and then, once in the park and having exhausted their own FPs, they do a "change party" on the parked FPs from their friends.

And there is no report of anyone getting locked out of MDE when they do this?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

A simple fix is to lock out the 'change party' function once you enter for the day.

A better fix would be to for the change party function would only allow deletions from your party once you have entered the park as that would free up FP's for others to use

beachlover4444

The site that shall not be named is reporting that WDW is going to extend the 60 day window beyond the Swan and Dolphin and include a select number of Good Neighbor hotels, including those on Hotel Plaza Blvd. They're saying expect every hotel in Disney Springs on Hotel Plaza to be included, along with several other Good Neighbor hotels.

If true, this seems like a dumb idea by Disney. They've taken one of the largest on-site incentives and removed it. If it's true, it will make me take another look at the Disney Springs hotels for sure (as we don't fly and have AP's so we don't need Magical Express and already have magic bands).
I totally agree with you. I work for Hilton, and I am staying on property for the 60 day fastpass instead of staying across the street from disney springs in my own property for a very good discounted rate. Us associates from other hotels will jump over to our properties if we can get 60 day fast passes

beachlover4444

I used to only stay offsite but can now manage to stay at value resorts when we come. This change won't stop me from staying onsite (we use the ME and the bus system) but it definitely irritates me a bit. My FP+ booking opens November 19th. I'm hoping they don't put this in place before then- it's already hard enough to get one for Flight of Passage.
good luck i booked on site and still couldnt get flight of passage and i tried within minutes of being able to book. i go Jan 9 and only got the slow boat ride, oh well

beachlover4444

I agree totally. But there's also the loophole for those who don't actually cancel but continue to get the 60 day window on a rolling basis when they move offsite. So stay a couple of nights onsite, move somewhere cheaper and keep that 60 day window.

I actually thought they might close these now that they've stopped the multiple band same day fastpasses. The second one is probably very simple,to do if they wanted to.
you are correct i booked 1 night at a disney hotel and 4 nights off property. i was able to book all 5 days of fastpasses. was shocked it let me do it. i figured only my check in date and check out date would be valid but it did all 5.

Mander

In the Parks
No
good luck i booked on site and still couldnt get flight of passage and i tried within minutes of being able to book. i go Jan 9 and only got the slow boat ride, oh well

I would keep checking. I was able to get my parents FOP for 01/09 and I also managed to get it for my husband and I on 01/21 and 01/26. It looked like they opened up more availability for FOP and 7DMT yesterday.

nickys

Premium Member
so are we saying upper tiers get better FP options at 7 am then the lower tiers? I was not aware of that.

No, I think they were meaning remove the restriction of only being able to book one tier1 fp in advance.

I think that would actually make it harder for people with short trips to get any of the most wanted fps. At least now you have a chance of getting TT or FEA or Soarin. But as I stay for 2 weeks it probably wouldn't have that much of an effect on me, I would just make those harder to get fps for the second week of my stay. So I am open to being convinced otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom