60 Day + 10 With Multiple Room Reservations

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Our 60-day reservation date is coming up and I have a question on the 10 days because we have more than 1 room reserved. Because of the limited number of DVC points I was allowed to use at the time (the 50% rule has since changed) I had to reserve two different room in succession. So, I have a 1-day reservation for one type of room, followed by a second reservation of another 6 days for a different room. Same hotel and no missing days between the two reservations.

My question is when I try to get my restaurant reservation on the 60-day mark, will it give me the 60+10 or will it only give me that day, and make me wait to the next day to get the +10 days?

RememberWhen

I think you’ll have 2 adr booking dates. You could try to call DVC member services. I think they can link the reservations if they’re the same room type and booked the same way.

We have a trip coming up with a room booked via RCI and then cash and then DVC. They were not able to link them for us since we booked in different ways.

MickeyCB

Prior to Covid (you will have to call DVC to see if they still offer this service), you could book your dining for the first day eligible on your own as soon as dining opens in the morning. Then you call DVC that same day when they are open, maybe 9 am, and they can manually book the rest of your days for you. It is time consuming and obviously puts you at a disadvantage because you have to wait till 9 am.
But, it's better than waiting for the next morning.
Again, I am not sure if they still offer this with the staffing issues they've been having.

Another thing that just happened to us was we were only able to book 6 days due to the point restriction, then when they changed it we added a night on to the front of the reservation but it was a 1 bedroom when I preferred a 2 bedroom.
I wait listed for a 2 bedroom and got it and now DVC is going to merge the 2 reservations into one.
They told me they couldn't do the merge unless we had the same room category for both reservations.
It was a lot of maneuvering but worth having one reservation number.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Another thing that just happened to us was we were only able to book 6 days due to the point restriction, then when they changed it we added a night on to the front of the reservation but it was a 1 bedroom when I preferred a 2 bedroom.
I wait listed for a 2 bedroom and got it and now DVC is going to merge the 2 reservations into one.
They told me they couldn't do the merge unless we had the same room category for both reservations.
It was a lot of maneuvering but worth having one reservation number.
Yes, we are in the same situation. I was 9 points short because of the 50% borrow rule. So now I have two studio rooms for 1 night, then a 2 bedroom for the remaining nights. And have not been able to add the one extra day to the two bedroom and get rid of the two studio rooms.

I'll give the calling in later the same day a try. Thanks!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Spoke with DVC. I'm on the waitlist for changing the two studio reservations to a one day 2 bedroom now. If that happens, then I can combine the two 2 bedroom reservations into one. Not holding out much hope that I'll get the waitlisted room though, but as the DVC CM said...You'll never get it if you don't try. They can only combine reservations if they are the same room type, like you said.

Also, asked about the calling in the same day as discussed previously. She said that you used to be able to do that, but her system will not allow her to do it anymore until the reservation is at the 60 day mark as well.

However, I did learn something I didn't know, and after so many years doing this, I should have known this. The reservations include the 60 day mark and up to and including the check out day too (up to 10 days). So my 1 day reservation includes two days of restaurant reservations. The check in day and the check out day. So at least I can get two days done, then have to wait until the next day for the rest of them.

Oh how I dream of the 6 month reservation window to return so it's not so much of a nightmare getting to eat at the places I've been looking forward to after of year of waiting. 60 days is such a rat race to get the reservations you want.

MickeyCB

Spoke with DVC. I'm on the waitlist for changing the two studio reservations to a one day 2 bedroom now. If that happens, then I can combine the two 2 bedroom reservations into one. Not holding out much hope that I'll get the waitlisted room though, but as the DVC CM said...You'll never get it if you don't try. They can only combine reservations if they are the same room type, like you said.

Also, asked about the calling in the same day as discussed previously. She said that you used to be able to do that, but her system will not allow her to do it anymore until the reservation is at the 60 day mark as well.

However, I did learn something I didn't know, and after so many years doing this, I should have known this. The reservations include the 60 day mark and up to and including the check out day too (up to 10 days). So my 1 day reservation includes two days of restaurant reservations. The check in day and the check out day. So at least I can get two days done, then have to wait until the next day for the rest of them.

Oh how I dream of the 6 month reservation window to return so it's not so much of a nightmare getting to eat at the places I've been looking forward to after of year of waiting. 60 days is such a rat race to get the reservations you want.
Fingers crossed for you! I've had a lot of luck with wait listing in the past. When we went to Disneyland for a weekend in July, I actually waitlisted a 2 bedroom at the Grand Californian that faced the Mickey Fun Wheel and got it with about a week to spare! (That of course won't help with those 60 day reservations).

I hope you get the dining you want too!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Final update. Never got the waitlisted room yet, so we're still on a split reservation.

Did the first two days reservations at the 60 mark, and the rest at 59. I got almost everything. Couldn't get Space 220, but that place is near impossible I think. Everything else was good except the two that are being referbed right now and had to select other places (Kona and Narcoossee's).

So, I think we got a good week of places to eat dinner and breakfasts:

Flying Fish, Sanaa, Tiffins, Whispering Canyon, Steakhouse 71, Topolino's, Jiko, Boma, and La Hacienda de San Angel

I think it's a good mix. 😋

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Original Poster
Well, we got the waitlisted room. Very surprised, but got an email over the weekend that they converted the two studio rooms to a 2 bedroom. Now I just need to call them this week to combine this 1 day 2 bedroom with the other 2 bedroom reservation to get the whole trip on one reservation.

What a journey this has been because they cut me off at 50% DVC points. But I got most of what we wanted on dining reservations. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom