6 weeks pregnant?

pescador1f

Original Poster
from experience, should one listen to all the warnings for "expectant mothers", does this mean 6 weeks along in pregnancy? disneys page has all the obvious ride warnings,(ToT, M:S, EE etc.) but nothing about something like astro orbiters which i believe to be torture & uncomfortable. Can anyone answer this for me,from experience without pure paranoia! thanks, want to have fun, but want to be sure as well, thanks all!!!!

MrsPortiaB

I went last year when I was around six weeks pregnant (found out I was pregnant the first day of our trip :)) and yes, I listened to all the "expectant mother" warnings, stayed on the calmer and more mellow rides and even avoided KS thanks to the advice of folks here. I also did not do the Peter Pan ride because I was concerned about the lap bar. To me, I'd rather not take any risks :D and trust that Disney knew what it was doing when it put the warnings in place and I still managed to have a fabulous time!

Have you talked with your primary care doctor or midwife about your upcoming trip? I made sure to ask questions and advice from my midwife prior to going on my trip to get her feelings about what I should do or avoid. I felt a lot better after talking with her!

If you were anything like me though, be prepared for lots of naps :snore:! I found I could handle the parks in three to four hour increments and then needed to go back to ASMo for a good rest or nap for at least an hour before going again.

My other advice, is take it easy, even go slow if you have to, have lots of fun and be sure to keep hydrated! :wave:

Edited to add: Trust your gut too and your instincts too; if you think that something maybe too much for you and little baby to handle, then definitely avoid like the plague!

dolbyman

you shouldn't risk the health of your child just based on some forum posts .. no matter how other forum members might have experienced otherwise

I'd go safe if I were you (as a guy easy to say I know)

amandagibbins

My family and i went to dlp in the summer and i was pregnant with our second child i didnt want to risk hurting our unborn so i missed out most rides including potc :( i went on the little rides ie its a small world but my son is now almost six months old and its worth taking care of yourself he is worth missing potc:sohappy: i have seen women in wdw riding while pregnant but try to see the positive enjoy the views and other peoples faces things that normally get missed oh and congratulations no more sleep for you guys:hammer: only kidding

Nemo14

If you ever miscarried during your first trimester, you wouldn't even be asking this. Play it safe - WDW will still be there after that little guy or gal comes along!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! :kiss:

colleen2997

I was 3 or 4 months pregnant during my 2006 Disneyworld vacation. It sucked not being able to go on the rides with my husband and daughter but I didn't want to risk it. However, I did allow myself to go on Pirates (the drop is mild) and Dinosaur, even though there was the "expectant mothers" warning on that one. I had ridden Dinosaur several times over the years and felt that one would be safe. Other than that, I didn't risk doing anything else with the warnings. I actually did Pirates about 5 times in one day while they did the more exciting rides. I went back after the baby was born and made up for the year before and did EVERY ride that I couldn't do the year before. There is still LOTS to do pregnant. :)

rictusred

I think this is more a discussion you should have with your doctor I know when my wife was pregenant with are first child she rode alot of rides but before we left she asked her doctor what he thought and he said that the she would be fine for the first trimester riding all the rides in the park. she skipped Mission space though but that was more because of morning sickness then anything. now my daughter is a crazy thrillseeker at 3 maybe it is because of all the rides she rode before she was born. LOL whatever you decide enjoy your vacation because once the baby is born you'll have no time to relax.

RedGear

my sister went two years ago when she was about 4 months pregnant and she said that it sucked not going on a lot of the rides, but she did get to go on soarin, which she said was just about the only thrill ride she could do. I think you can do just about anything in fantasy land, but just stay away from the stuff that says expectant mothers can't ride. Other than that i think youll be ok. ;)

I was just there in Feb and I have 3.5 months of my pregnancy left to go.

Personally I would avoid the rides that warn pregnant woman not to ride. Being in your first trimester you want to be careful your chance of miscarrage is high. And I agree that you will probaby be quite tired as my entire first 3-4 months were spent at work and sleeping :ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

I was 3 or 4 months pregnant during my 2006 Disneyworld vacation. It sucked not being able to go on the rides with my husband and daughter but I didn't want to risk it. However, I did allow myself to go on Pirates (the drop is mild) and Dinosaur, even though there was the "expectant mothers" warning on that one. I had ridden Dinosaur several times over the years and felt that one would be safe. Other than that, I didn't risk doing anything else with the warnings. I actually did Pirates about 5 times in one day while they did the more exciting rides. I went back after the baby was born and made up for the year before and did EVERY ride that I couldn't do the year before. There is still LOTS to do pregnant. :)

While I agree that Pirates would be fine because the drop is so small, there is NO WAY I would go on the Dinosaur ride. It is very rough with a lot of bouncing & jerking you in all directions. Listen to the warnings on this one.

The rides that I would avoid are: Dinosaur, R&R, ToT, PWhirl, KRiver Rapids, Test Track, all three mountains at MK. That's all that I can think of but there may be more. :shrug:

cococola44

I went last year when I was around six weeks pregnant (found out I was pregnant the first day of our trip :)) and yes, I listened to all the "expectant mother" warnings, stayed on the calmer and more mellow rides and even avoided KS thanks to the advice of folks here. I also did not do the Peter Pan ride because I was concerned about the lap bar. To me, I'd rather not take any risks :D and trust that Disney knew what it was doing when it put the warnings in place and I still managed to have a fabulous time!

Have you talked with your primary care doctor or midwife about your upcoming trip? I made sure to ask questions and advice from my midwife prior to going on my trip to get her feelings about what I should do or avoid. I felt a lot better after talking with her!

If you were anything like me though, be prepared for lots of naps :snore:! I found I could handle the parks in three to four hour increments and then needed to go back to ASMo for a good rest or nap for at least an hour before going again.

My other advice, is take it easy, even go slow if you have to, have lots of fun and be sure to keep hydrated! :wave:

Edited to add: Trust your gut too and your instincts too; if you think that something maybe too much for you and little baby to handle, then definitely avoid like the plague!
Well said and very entertaining to read
good show good show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom