50th Anniversary Planning

goofyfan78

So, we're planning our trip for the 50th Anniversary already. I was wondering what kind of % markup should I add to WDW tickets for an accurate(ish) price? TYI :)

TTA94

Was going to post about this but saw your thread. Im wondering when booking will begin? I can only imagine how fast the resorts will book up once booking begins! especially the MK hotels. Id love to hear some past experiences from ones that booked and stayed during past anniversaries, in particular the 40th and 45th when it came to access into the MK vers guests who park at the TTC and take the monorail and or boat. I know some guests camped out and arrived at 4am to get into the MK and mostly for the limited merchandise. As we can all imagine the 50th will be off the chain when it comes to crowds, all the limited merchandise, etc.

Curious if DVC members are already able to book for the 50th?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Was going to post about this but saw your thread. Im wondering when booking will begin? I can only imagine how fast the resorts will book up once booking begins! especially the MK hotels. Id love to hear some past experiences from ones that booked and stayed during past anniversaries, in particular the 40th and 45th when it came to access into the MK vers guests who park at the TTC and take the monorail and or boat. I know some guests camped out and arrived at 4am to get into the MK and mostly for the limited merchandise. As we can all imagine the 50th will be off the chain when it comes to crowds, all the limited merchandise, etc.

Curious if DVC members are already able to book for the 50th?
I assume you are talking about the "actual" 50th anniversary date of 10/1/2021? Because you can bet Disney will "celebrate" the 50th for at least a year.

Room only stays may be booked 499 days in advance ~ so the earliest date to book a room for the night before (9/30/2019) is 5/19/2020. DVC members cannot book a room on points until 11 months out.

We were there on 10/1/2016 for the 45th. Stayed onsite. The MK was busy (it was a Saturday) but we have experienced larger crowds. Yes, the merchandise sold out very quickly but we were able to find what we wanted via the app a few days later. And we didn't purposely plan to be there on the actual anniversary, it just worked out that way.

The majority of those who will be there on 10/1/2021 will be the die-hard Disney fans, bloggers, vloggers, locals, etc. First-time tourists or infrequent visitors probably won't arrange their plans to align with October 1st.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

2019 packages were released mid june 2018, so look for 2021 packages to be around that time (ish) 2020. as tuvalu said above, room only stays can be booked 499 days in advance.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

We are also tentatively planning our trip during that time. I will probably book Resort only at first. Especially considering we are considering a split stay for that trip. I was considering trying to rent DVC points, but it might be pretty hopeless. We are probably going to go around Juneish 2021.

Upvote 0

TTA94

When it comes to staying at the MK hotels, mostly the contemporary, you basically get in first to MK before TTC guests right? Not sure about busses.

Upvote 0

TTA94

And if you're planning ahead, note that October 1, 2021 will be a Friday.

So basically the majority of businesses in Central FL will shut down on that Friday due to all the WDW fans being at MK lol. May sound ridiculous but very likely true lol.

I get some fans are skeptical how big of a celebration WDW will pull for this but the thing is even if it’s as small as the 40th with only special merchandise and “cupcakes”, it’s still going to be a major deal among fans. 50th (Golden Anniversary) only comes once.

Disneyland’s 50th was a major deal for fans and locals. So much so it was celebrated world wide. IMO WDWs should be that and more being the largest Disney destination! We all know when Tokyo Disneyland’s turns 50 their celebration will be ridiculous!

Fingers crossed the powers that be push asside penny pintching for once and realize WDWs 50th only comes once and they need to let loose and throw a massive Celebration... that sadly hasn’t been done at WDW in many many years! I think for TDO “Its Time To Remember The Magic” of the 20th and $25th!! Especially a particular nighttime parade that debuted for the 20th... wow can’t believe it’s been almost 30 years since SpectroMagic debuted!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When it comes to staying at the MK hotels, mostly the contemporary, you basically get in first to MK before TTC guests right? Not sure about busses.
On a “regular” day (9 am open) the resort monorail and buses begin operating between 7-7:15 am and guests must wait outside the turnstiles until 8 am, when they are allowed into the park to wander Main Street/wait in the Castle hub until the park officially opens at 9. (Cast members prevent guests from moving towards the lands.)

The express monorail from the TTC and the ferries begin operations around 8, so technically resort guests are inside the park before those arriving from the TTC, but the only line they get a jump on is at Starbucks!

Now Fridays are typically Extra Magic Mornings for resort guests which means they alone have park access for the first hour before official opening. TTC arrivals are held at the TTC until a few minutes prior to opening. October 1, 2021 is a Friday, but whether there is EMH that morning, or the park opens early for press, or opens early for crowds control, is pure speculation at this point.

To sum up, Disney resort guests have a slight advantage to arriving at the park first, but the monorail resort guests do not have a greater advantage over those arriving by bus.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

Bear in mind that the 50th celebration will not begin until October 1, 2021.
Most of the rumors at the moment seemed to say a large portion of the celebration will be from May 2021 through 2022. Considering my kids are still in school, the best I can do is sometime within the summer. Here we are not allowed to pull our kids out of school for more than 3 days without the school's permission. If you do it anyway, they can bring you to court. :(

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Most of the rumors at the moment seemed to say a large portion of the celebration will be from May 2021 through 2022. Considering my kids are still in school, the best I can do is sometime within the summer. Here we are not allowed to pull our kids out of school for more than 3 days without the school's permission. If you do it anyway, they can bring you to court. :(
Rumors are just that. Yes, some of the new attractions may be open prior to 10/1/21, but “everything” that is planned for the celebration (decorations, parades, character meets, special food and merchandise) will unlikely be available prior to the official anniversary. If you want the full experience you should plan for spring/summer 2022.

To note, none of the other milestone anniversaries began early at WDW or at DL.

Upvote 0

KrzyKtty

There really is no way my family could wait that long.:joyfull: probably won't care too much about the merchandise or special food. However, if we feel we are really missing out we could always go back the next year.

Upvote 0

TTA94

On a “regular” day (9 am open) the resort monorail and buses begin operating between 7-7:15 am and guests must wait outside the turnstiles until 8 am, when they are allowed into the park to wander Main Street/wait in the Castle hub until the park officially opens at 9. (Cast members prevent guests from moving towards the lands.)

The express monorail from the TTC and the ferries begin operations around 8, so technically resort guests are inside the park before those arriving from the TTC, but the only line they get a jump on is at Starbucks!

Now Fridays are typically Extra Magic Mornings for resort guests which means they alone have park access for the first hour before official opening. TTC arrivals are held at the TTC until a few minutes prior to opening. October 1, 2021 is a Friday, but whether there is EMH that morning, or the park opens early for press, or opens early for crowds control, is pure speculation at this point.

To sum up, Disney resort guests have a slight advantage to arriving at the park first, but the monorail resort guests do not have a greater advantage over those arriving by bus.

Any idea how things were done for the 25th on October 1st? Granted that was a long time ago when the parks were no near as insanely packed as they are now a days. I know the 40th was pretty crazy and that was, well, only the 40th and nothing special happened.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom