50's Prime Time, what happened??

Amos1784

Original Poster
We just returned from an extended vacation and had so many memorable meals. However, Prime Time is not one that could be added to that mix in my opinion. We had by far one of the best servers "cousin's" we have ever had, without her the meal would have been a complete waste, she was an absolute joy and played the role spot on. The food though had literally looked like it was sitting under a heat lamp for hours and looked/tasted no better than quality from the food courts, quite disappointing as I remember the days the food was fantastic. Hoping this was just a bad experience but wanted to give anyone the heads up that may be dining there in the near future!

DfromATX

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it either. We tried it for our first time in July 2016. The food was ok, not bad, but not great, but it's more due to our server. She didn't come across as "mom-ish" at all. It was more like she was "New Yorker rude-ish" if that makes sense lol. She was also very young, which didn't really fit the mom role.

StarshipDisney

I have always wanted to try Prime Time but liked the Fantasmic Dinner Show more...and unfortunately it was never offered at Prime Time. But now they have this Fantasmic VIP experience, I have already planned Prime Time for our next visit. I have noticed that not many table service restaurants at Disney offer fried chicken...but Prime Time does...which is one reason I want to try it. Hopefully our visit will be better.

JIMINYCR

Weve never had a bad experience food wise there... although the quality of menu items has always been variable at DHS. We have had more issues with servers who didnt play their part as well as others to make each trip as enjoyable. When you are dining at Disney you are expecting the food quality to always be excellent. But with the huge numbers of meals served and timing of plates to be delivered ... sometimes they can miss the mark. If the meal isnt good from being overheating or not prepared properly, you should notify your server as soon as you realize its not to your liking. Ive rarely had a server who couldnt rectify my dining problem.

NeverEnufDisney

The last couple of times we at there including April of this year, the food quality had dropped and the menu also had changed. My wife ordered a milk shake and the ice cream had partially refrozen. It had virtually no liquid content. It's off our list for now.

Po'Rich

I have noticed that not many table service restaurants at Disney offer fried chicken...but Prime Time does...which is one reason I want to try it.
If you want good fried chicken, you need to go to Hoop-de-doo. It's the best fried chicken I've had in years . . .almost as good as grandma used to make.

larandtra

Ive found it to be hit and miss on both the experience and the food. Didnt go at all this past year or the year before, so it will likely cycle back around on my list sometime in 2018. I would say if you want fried chicken go to springs and have it at homecoming.

aw14

We have been there multiple times, most recently, this past November 11. It was another great experience. The service, food and atmosphere are great for us. Our waiter had a blast forcing our 14 year old DD to finish her green beans. Just awesome

MickeyMomV

We were just there 10 days ago on 11/24. "Cousin Patty" took care of us and we had a great time. She left quite an impression as its 10 days later and I still remember her name. The food was good, not over the top great, but good. We would have no issues with going back.

Tony the Tigger

I think the pot roast (especially) and meatloaf are pretty great. I don't eat much meat throughout the year, but I make an exception there. The chicken - OK. Lasagne - meh.

The Tune-In Lounge - superb.

bback30

We had our first meal there in January and I wasn't impressed either. Service was great, but the food was bland. Even the desserts were a disappointment. Don't plan to return at this point....

I've been in there multiple times, and have disliked it every time. I love the decor, and the food has always been good, but the nagging lady has always driven me up the wall. I'd MUCH rather go to Sci-Fi or the Brown Derby.

riverside

Premium Member
I ate dinner there on Saturday evening and it was excellent. There were 4 of us & we all got something different and
everyone was pleased. Sometimes the waiter/waitress doesn't get into their part that well but I've always felt the food was consistently good.

Tony the Tigger

I've been in there multiple times, and have disliked it every time. I love the decor, and the food has always been good, but the nagging lady has always driven me up the wall. I'd MUCH rather go to Sci-Fi or the Brown Derby.

I know I wouldn’t like a nagging lady, which is why I eat the same food from the adjoining lounge. Love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom