50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

CJR

Thanks for the update! Always love your posts!

No hope for love on Space Mountain? I miss riding it, but I pretty much refuse to in its current state. I will say that at least it's in the one park with plenty of other experiences, but it would certainly be nice.

I'm sure the 50th will be WDW's most solid time period in the last decade, probably longer, as a whole resort. Outside of the cost to visit, I'm looking forward to it!

wendysmom

Can you please expound on the timeshare changes? More perks,( like free dining!), for us lowly DVC owners? Hopefully, not a "moderate" DVC resort.....

Smooth

It would seem with all the enhancements taking place to so many different attractions, that there would be a lot of attractions shut down at various times.

Marc Davis Fan

I really, really hope that the Tower of Terror drop shaft enhancements indicate that the Twilight Zone theme will stay. I'm not referring to the whole GotG thing, but instead to the rumor that the Twilight Zone theme will simply be removed from the existing attraction, rather than Disney renewing its contract with CBS for the rights. The Twilight Zone theme is a major part of what makes everything in that attraction "click" so perfectly, and elevates it to being the great work of art that it currently is.

brb1006

Thanks for the update! Always love your posts!

No hope for love on Space Mountain? I miss riding it, but I pretty much refuse to in its current state. I will say that at least it's in the one park with plenty of other experiences, but it would certainly be nice.

I'm sure the 50th will be WDW's most solid time period in the last decade, probably longer, as a whole resort. Outside of the cost to visit, I'm looking forward to it!
I hope they can come up with a good theme song to the celebration that might be similar to Remember The Magic.

doctornick

So ... the current plan is to add/plus/enhance 50 attractions across WDW property in time for 10/1/21.

Ok, kinda cool sounding. Hopefully some of those 50 are new attractions as well (not just stuff that has already been announced). It especially would be nice for something new in MK since that's the park celebrating 50 years.

WDW RR getting a few little scenes along the tracks;

I'm surprisingly excited this. The RR is fine and all, but has boring stretches that could use "something" and finally getting some show scenes along the tracks like other parks would be great to see. Even better is if they have the ride going through any new builds (I'm hoping that if a replacement of some sort is actually on the books for the Speedway, maybe it can involve the berm and have the train pass through like Splash).

Small World getting the Disney characters;

Eh. Not a change I am a fan of.

Curious to see what info comes out over time. I wonder if they would announce a "50 for 50" during D23 this summer even if they don't specify all the things and only give a few teasers like the ones Spirit has done.

cdd89

Out of interest, what would you say is the biggest problem with it?

If I had to criticise, I'd complain about the queue line (signs of cheap "over painting"), and perhaps the ride quality which has deteriorated over the past few years.

But that aside, it seems to me it's one of the most cohesive attractions. Just wondering what I'm missing!

UpAllNight

I really don't feel like we should have to wait 4 years for some of these things....there should be a continual program of enhancement but still, it's welcome news. I just hope they don't cop out with "try our new cupcake at...". If we were to see 50 genuine additions/updates to rides and shows it would be spectacular.

But my mind is telling me to avoid the place in 2019/2020. Influx of Star Wars crowds, and MK shuttered off for enhancements...unless they have some serious plans to open up in 2020? It could be chaos. All for the better in the long run and much needed.

Sam Magic

As long as ToT doesn't get that ridiculous Marvel overlay, and that big time capsule or whatever it is inside the Flo is opened, I'm happy.

Also, I wanna see a ton of advertisements like Disneyland got. Disney World's 50th should honestly be even bigger. It's Disney World we're talking about.

maroonmol

Are these 50 enhancements limited just to attractions? Does the overall 'Tomorrowland love' project count as one? Or will the shows get enhanced? Sorry if you don't know at this time.

The Empress Lilly

Small world does not need Disney characters. The last thing I want to see is elsa and that snow man in Norway!
The language of fans and management is problematic. Small World stands to be infused with caricatures of celebrity cartoons. Small World already has Disney characters. Every single one of them. Beautiful Mary Blair inspired. The enchantment of three generations. Half a century old. Isn't that what WDW wants to celebrate, to add a layer of depth, tradition, the authenticity of being deeply rooted American popular culture.

FerretAfros

I have very mixed feelings about this. Although most of the proposed additions sound great, do we really need to wait 4.5 years to justify them?

These are the sorts of things that should be done on a continual basis, regardless of any upcoming anniversary. Walt called it "plussing"; essentially it's just continuing to tinker with the experience to exceed guest expectations. But given that Disney has been aiming to just-barely meet guest expectations for years, this seems like a radical departure

I blame both management and fans for this mindset. We've already had several years of folks here saying "I wish we had ______, maybe we'll get it for the 50th," despite that anniversary being years away. If instead the attitude were "We need _____, because tickets cost over $120 per day," perhaps these sorts of changes would happen on a more regular basis

In general the heart of this concept seems to be in the right place. I just don't like that we have to wait for an anniversary (one that is still several years away, to boot) to get it implemented. This should be part of the regular program of refurbishments and upgrades in all the parks, not something special worth celebrating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom