50 MAGICal Enhancements for the 50th ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not sure if we've fully discussed this. And, if so, it's likely been on something like the 112th page of a thread where the only ones reading are bloggers looking for news to claim as their own.

So ... the current plan is to add/plus/enhance 50 attractions across WDW property in time for 10/1/21.

Now, before you get excited that these things will be major (like rebuilding a new Space Mountain), I'd step back a bit. But these will be marketed as part of the Disney push (assuming we're all still alive and WDW still exists!)

Things that have been suggested to me as either happening or likely happening are (just some examples here):

BTMRR getting the enhancements in the tunnel that DL and DLP did;
WDW RR getting a few little scenes along the tracks;
CoP getting a new ending and an overall freshening;
Small World getting the Disney characters;
ToT getting enhanced effects in the drop shafts;

Other attractions I've heard might see some extra love are Peter Pan, Mansion, SSE, AA, Nemo, etc.

Also, not sure if the new stuff opening over the next 4.5 years is going to count toward this or not.

Have heard this could spread to the water parks and resorts (but also heard the resorts might be handled a bit separately as WDW's hotel and timeshare business will look a lot different in four years).

nor'easter

Not sure if we've fully discussed this. And, if so, it's likely been on something like the 112th page of a thread where the only ones reading are bloggers looking for news to claim as their own.

So ... the current plan is to add/plus/enhance 50 attractions across WDW property in time for 10/1/21.

Now, before you get excited that these things will be major (like rebuilding a new Space Mountain), I'd step back a bit. But these will be marketed as part of the Disney push (assuming we're all still alive and WDW still exists!)

Things that have been suggested to me as either happening or likely happening are (just some examples here):

Other attractions I've heard might see some extra love are Peter Pan, Mansion, SSE, AA, Nemo, etc.

Also, not sure if the new stuff opening over the next 4.5 years is going to count toward this or not.

Have heard this could spread to the water parks and resorts (but also heard the resorts might be handled a bit separately as WDW's hotel and timeshare business will look a lot different in four years).

Not to mention a new strobe light for the Yeti.

WDW1974

Original Poster
add/enhance or fix?

I think all of the above. But I don't see them simply fixing a neglected attraction and marketing that. Even if they add one scene or a few new effects, that can be marketed under this.

I will also repeat here, since you know how people wrongly accuse me of blind Disney hate and never repeat anything good I say, that Disney has been giving some major love to attractions that need it. Pirates hasn't looked (or sound) this good since before 2006 and Jack Sparrow's addition. BTMRR also looks terrific, from the interactive queue to the ride experience. Even Small World looked better to me last month than it has in a while ...

But just making things 'sparkle' (a major part of DLP's 25th anniversary, which started in about a week) won't be enough at WDW.

Hell, they might market the gondolas as part of this ... they might market Pandora ... I'm not fully sure they've even decided at this point.

the.dreamfinder

EE is another attraction that was suggested to me. ... I would hope there would be legit enhancements and not fixing the No. 1 show scene that hasn't worked right in almost a decade now and thinking they should get credit for it.
Was kinda hoping after all they put Joe through that they would greenlit funding to finally fix the yeti.

I guess Joe can console himself with his millions.

JoeCamel

So repair/fix but not add?

brb1006

I think all of the above. But I don't see them simply fixing a neglected attraction and marketing that. Even if they add one scene or a few new effects, that can be marketed under this.

I will also repeat here, since you know how people wrongly accuse me of blind Disney hate and never repeat anything good I say, that Disney has been giving some major love to attractions that need it. Pirates hasn't looked (or sound) this good since before 2006 and Jack Sparrow's addition. BTMRR also looks terrific, from the interactive queue to the ride experience. Even Small World looked better to me last month than it has in a while ...

But just making things 'sparkle' (a major part of DLP's 25th anniversary, which started in about a week) won't be enough at WDW.

Hell, they might market the gondolas as part of this ... they might market Pandora ... I'm not fully sure they've even decided at this point.
Speaking of DLP's 25th, I really love the decors that are currently getting put it.

the.dreamfinder

Little things here and there are nice, but what about the big things? Will there be lasting changes made to how the resort is operated in the run up to this anniversary like in Anaheim with their 50th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom