50 for the 50th

Suchomimus

Saw the Bongos sign taken down this week....
4ebddb35-6a5e-49e8-b3dc-800d890630c8
I never noticed that restaurant there before...

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Life Around Us at the Harvest Theater

Summer 2021

shutterstock_79481047_news_featured.jpg

Since January 21, 1995 - The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable, has been a 12:22 show in the Harvest Theater, including characters from The Lion King, to talk about environmental changes that were a big topic of discussion in the 90s, and still are today. This show replaced the original Symbiosis show, reusing some images but adding segments of Lion King animation to it.
latest

circle-of-life-gallery01.jpg

Personally, this show is still beyond boring, and in the 12:22 run time, I could have looked all this info up on Google by then. Losing its sponsor of Nestle in 2009, I think by 2021 - this will be in need of a refurbishment. But for a theater only holding 428 guests at a time, what could it possibly replace that wouldn't be so over the top that it would increase the crowds too much, but also not repeat the same information of the previous incarnations.

We've come up with -- The Life Around Us -- an epilogue to the Living with the Land boat ride attraction.
living-with-the-land-00.jpg

Living with the Land explores the Epcot research laboratories on agricultural and harvesting, but keeps the attraction central to Epcot itself, while the exploration for its research impact globally, is limited, and/or further explained on the 'Behind the Seeds' guided walking tour. As guests are dropped off of the boat ride, now they will be welcome to go back up the escalator (which is the only way to the exit anyway) and are invited into the Harvest Theater for a 15 minute show about how the research at Epcot and The Land will impact global agriculture, climate change, biotechnology, and a variety of other topics.
living-with-the-land-7279.JPG

Rather than guests just watching a film telling them about the climate and life on earth, two to three research cast members will be interviewed for the theater show and will be explaining throughout the film, their work at Epcot to the audience, almost like a research symposium right there in Epcot!

This to me at least, would be worth checking out at least once, as the information would be updated with new data and results coming in throughout the years. It also connects the Harvest Theater with The Land, rather than being a more separate show, and excuse for IP (which Epcot already has plenty of).

Overall, while a relatively minor change, this could help restore a bit of what Epcot was originally about - an experimental community -- and in particular The Land, which along with The Seas, are the most research heavy pavilions in Future World, so it would be nice to see it evolve and be further implemented in the parks. As a final comparison, if anyone remembers the old Maelstrom attraction in Norway, after the boat ride was finished, guests were invited to sit for a brief film on the country, to further elaborate on what they had seen. That was in the inspiration for this project as it has been done before in Epcot and hopefully could be done once more!

----

Thanks for reading and check back once again tonight for another installment as we approach the home stretch to the beginning of the 50th Anniversary celebration!​

@MonorailRed :p
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ermanently-closing-in-early-february-2018.htm

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Talk about irony. This was a great project and I look forward to the next installment.
Thanks, Angels! Project Tomorrow is coming -- just been distracted with a few other things for the forum (expanded years in review/MEW's map, etc) -- I haven't gotten around to starting it, but @MonorailRed and I might have a new presentation form arriving with it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
---------------------
Reading Music

(and Hopeful Land Background Music)

(Really hope this song is played as guests walk through the land -- one of my favorite Pixar pieces)

3512684129180356100%253Faccount_id%253D9

Revisiting this after finally experiencing Toy Story Land to see what was guessed right/wrong

'The Cleaner' is in the background music loop as quoted! :D As soon as we walked in I heard it and was like - oh snap yes! :p

Opening date guess was off by a little over a month, Slinky actually has more than 2 trains on the track - had at least 3 if not 4 so it has some decent capacity, and Woody's Lunch Box has a more diverse menu than predicted. The raspberry lunch box tart dessert was really good!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I think we've finally figured out what the 'Project Tomorrow' will be!

It'll be something a bit unexpected at first as a personal project, but one I hope that everyone can benefit from in some capacity - been looking for a sort of farewell project and I think we've found it. So look out for that in the next few days as we synthesize it!

FireMountain

I think we've finally figured out what the 'Project Tomorrow' will be!

It'll be something a bit unexpected at first as a personal project, but one I hope that everyone can benefit from in some capacity - been looking for a sort of farewell project and I think we've found it. So look out for that in the next few days as we synthesize it!
eaf.gif

I'll get the music!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

DisneyManOne

"On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 the Garden Pavilions located near the miniature golf course officially closed and will soon be demolished to make way for a new parking lot. "
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/09/breaking-special-event-pavilions-near.html

Although the article says it's coming 2020, we guessed Spring 2021 - we'll see which happens:p

Wow! Do you really think Disney's gonna build a sister resort to the Swan and Dolphin? If so, it'll be another example of you guys predicting what Disney's next move's gonna be.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Wow! Do you really think Disney's gonna build a sister resort to the Swan and Dolphin? If so, it'll be another example of you guys predicting what Disney's next move's gonna be.
I honestly don't consistently keep up to date with the rumors so it may be anything at this point, I just ended up seeing that article browsing haha - but the upkeep of Swan/Dolphin impressed me on the last trip, so if they decide to expand with something of that style I wouldn't complain!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom