Trip Report 5 Million Thumbs Up - a multi-gen trip report ✨

Hello Magicians! Long-time trip report lurker here. I’ve been a third party in a few trip reports in the past, I’m the third sister in the @krause & @AKemily family and have been lucky enough to have them do all the work of these trip reports in the past.

To trigger your memories, here’s a picture of the 3 of us on our Disneyland sister trip this past April:
9D28A14F-E15A-475E-BC04-630F933F9792.jpeg

I’m on the left.

I’m also essentially a NPC in @AKemily ’s current trip report, as our current trips overlapped and we got to spend some time together in beautiful WDW. Here’s a sneak peek:
BBFC3A52-DB8C-4AEA-832F-D73FF21A2CA9.jpeg

You should be warned, I had NO intention of writing a trip report. My sisters are witty and well-spoken, and I just force them to hang out with me because I’m the oldest and I make the rules. BUT, once I was down to just a couple days before our trip, I’d read every article and trip report and listened to every podcast and planned as much as I possibly could, I spent those last sleepless nights rereading my sisters’ old trip reports and reliving those memories. Now, as we reach the end of this trip, it’s been so amazing and I just want an outlet to record every detail so when years pass and memories start to fade I can come back and relive it again. So all you suckers are just along for the ride.

I had a good gif for this spot but can’t even figure out how to add it so hopefully one of my sisters stumbles upon this and rolls their eyes at me and then tells me how to do it so that this report isn’t gif-less because I know enough to know that that won’t work. 😬

ANYWAYS, that’s why I’m here. If you’ve stuck along so far, (thanks) here’s the details:

Myself and my husband, Karl, with our 6 year old son, B, and *almost* 4 year old daughter, G. Along with my parents, @DisneyBaba & …dad? Grandpa? I guess we will see what I end up referring to him as. We left chilly winnipeg at 5am on Oct 27 and are headed home this Saturday, Nov 5. The few of you who stuck around this long will probably leave now that you found out that we *gasp* stayed off-property 😱

Here we all are on Day 1 of being at the park. This picture should give some insight into our personalities moving forward.
81BD5BC4-0215-49E3-86E8-28D6AF01618A.jpeg

We actually live about an hour drive from the Winnipeg airport, so we pulled the kids out of bed at 1:30am to hit the road. We weren’t sure if they’d stay asleep or be super excited the whole drive, but it ended up being the latter and we had a fun drive to the airport
56DBB1D9-DA93-4DEE-932F-DABA5431AE53.jpeg

An easy peasy security check (the kids and I had played airport a bit in preparation so they knew what to expect going through security and it actually went so smooth so that was fun!), a bit of an early morning wait - just long enough for the kids to pull out every activity I had packed for them and colour one page and move to the next thing - and we boarded and were off!

Here’s B using his best “my mommy is a pushover” eyes to beg for something - probably to have his biggest or best packed treat at 4am. It would be a face I would see a bunch yet this week. Good thing he’s cute.
EA141453-9A67-46D7-8610-944DEB10A1D8.jpeg

And, our family tradition of airport selfies that we send to the group chat anytime we are flying:
A4E95A92-3501-4726-AD04-2EC71348EB50.jpeg
98911CBF-BDD5-4D58-B73F-BFE481C0AE20.jpeg

Well look at that I’ve reached the allotted number of pictures I can do in a post, didn’t know that was a thing either. I’ll have to save my parents selfie for the next post. What a cliff hangar. Keep them hooked, Kaely.

That’s probably WDW Magic’s form of playing music at the Oscar’s when it’s time to wrap a speech up so I’ll take my cue and wrap this one up for now. If you have any interest in reading along, I’d love to have you, but I am also looking forward to getting my brain full of details and memories written down for future me to look back on!

Attachments

• 8DD7AB04-A91D-4D91-B501-05A64F4F1CDF.jpeg
    8DD7AB04-A91D-4D91-B501-05A64F4F1CDF.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 5E544216-593A-495A-AD6B-EC0A8CEF7018.jpeg
    5E544216-593A-495A-AD6B-EC0A8CEF7018.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 51

KMD

Original Poster
So nice to see an EXUBERANT thread title!! Can’t wait to read all your positivity. :happy:

(Stay safely here. Don’t venture out of the trip report forum. So many negative, mean, and whiny Disney bashers. You’ll end up doubting your own fun….)
Spoiler alert - it was my son’s reaction coming off of one ride! Stay tuned to see which one 😉

Thanks for the warm welcome! I did try to use some of the other forums while planning and was shocked at the attitudes. Happy to be in a safe warm space here!

k8einwdw

I'm in! How fun that you've gotten to be there for the change from Halloween to Christmas! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom