5 Days Left!!!! A question about crowds....

bondsmom2006

Hi all-been reading the forums for ages-been counting down for what seems like ages, too! But so excited to report that we have but just a few days till we depart for WDW. When I first booked, I believed our family was going at a time when few people visit. It is quickly dawning on me that it will be very crowded. We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I have been trying to get a preferred room for months with no success. I am hoping that we get a good room. We are celebrating our Daughter's b-day Sunday the 3rd-I called Liberty Tree Tavern and told them it was her b-day, and the cm told me he made a note of it and it should be special for her. I thanked him and told him how grateful I was for making my daughters birthday so special. He said "that ain't nothing- I just called all the restaurants you booked in the evening all week and shared the info with all of them, so your daughter will be celebrating each night- I burst into tears-how wonderfully special this will be for her! Needless to say, the suitcases are on the guest bed, things are piled high next to them, kids are bouncing off the walls and DH and I are just stupidly laughing all day. I believe we will need Prozac when we return from the world in order to deal with normal life again. We have pulled out all the stops on this vacation- park hoppers, Disney dining, air travel, an appointment for dd to have the works at Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, and Caribbean Beach Resort. After reading so many trip plan reports, I realize mine is nothing special, but we have never been on a vacation like this before. Our dinners will be at Boma, Sci-Fi, Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Liberty Tavern, Shutters, and 1910 Park Fare. I also saw the Disney Special on the food network about the holidays there, and i just cannot wait to see all the decor and gingerbread houses, etc.... we also have tickets for MVMCP- looking forward to the snow-don't get much of that here in Louisiana. Well I have gone on and on-please let me know whether we should visit Magic Kingdom on Sunday as our first park or should we save it for Monday due to crowds? I really want it to be our first park, but don't want it spoiled by long waits and crowds. What do you all think? Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you reply-thanks again for the info!!

5 more mornings to go-i cant wait-i can't wait

napnet

We will be there at the same time, but we are expecting moderate to low crowds... I have gone this time in the past and it is usually empty. Now i know that its becomming a more popular time to go, but if you go any other time of the year you will think its empty during this time :) Have fun, looks like we have a few of the same dining plans... this is my first time planning dining. we go so frequently (only for a day) and this is our first trip where we are staying in the park over 3 days.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I personally must get to Magic Kingdom as soon as I arrive at the world, so I would probably visit right away on Sunday. However, it might be a little less busy on Monday. I guess it's up to you.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

We will be there at that same time too!! We leave Friday morning for nine days. I usually go to the Magic Kingdom on the first day. Liberty Tree is a great place for dinner. We too are celebrating our daughter's birthday and the CM made a note on all of our reservations. I hope you have a wonderful trip.:wave:

Upvote 0

Polyman

Sunday would be a bad day to visit as it has evening EMH, therefore it will be crowded all day. Go Monday morning early. Always best to go to any park the morning after an EMH night. As far as "crowded" goes, management doesn't seem to think it will be busy at all. As stated in another post, all CM hours have been cut to the allowable minimum number of hours. Full timers are down to 32 hrs, and CR's like myself are scheduled for 6 hrs FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.:eek:

Upvote 0

KKnopf

We too are leaving Sunday.... Although it was a rough night last night my 5 year old woke up with an ear infection, thank god for her doctor giving her meds hopefully she will be ok for the flight on Sunday Morning ( I guess it is better that she got sick now then when we were there)

I could not believe that all Disney properties were sold out... From what I have read there is a lot going on Pop-Warner and a construction convention... Which means these people will be elsewhere other than the parks.

We are planning on going to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday for the extra Magic hours... In the past we were able to basically walk on and off the rides..

Enjoy your trip...

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I always like Epcot and Animal Kingdom first when I'm traveling with first-timers or little kids. It tends to save some of the hype and magic of MK, so that the different feel of the other parks isn't a letdown. I LOVE Epcot, but kids seem to conceptulize Disney as MK. Have fun and welcome to the boards!

Upvote 0

DisneyinBigD

We have been this time of year several times and always found the crowds to be light. However, I tried to get a room for Dec 4 through 7th and was told the entire WDW resprt was sold out. I have never had a problem getting a room even during peak season. Anyone know of events or conventions that could be taking up WDW hotel space?

Upvote 0
:sohappy: Glad to see we will have lots of company this trip, but it shouldn't be too crowded. Arriving tomorrow PM at PO-R for our usual room. I actually request by room no and have gotten it most times. Staying til Tues 12/5. Always go either Oct or Dec. Weather better in Oct and water parks open. Dec to see the Xmas stuff and MVMCP. Can't wait to get there!! 15 times in 14 years and still going.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom