5/2-5/6 Report from a newbie

Okay this was my first trip I can remember (well I have a vague recollection of 'it's a small world' and teacups from when I was 7). I'm going to try to keep it short and sweet. Sorry if you get bored :p.

Sunday: We arrived at PO Riverside. Checked in with CM Josh. He seemed new but nice and helpful. Our room was in Parterre Place, first floor. Very nice location for convienence. Right next to the quiet pool and right across from the bridge that leads to the lobby, boat, bus, food court, etc. My moms only complaint, no ice machine that close. Oh well. Oh yes, the bathroom is as small as it gets but the rest of the room was fine. After having a few run ins with the "lizards" (my daughter loved this) we rode the boat to Downtown Disney. Bought my daughter a visor, had a dipped marshmellow (sweeeeet but yum) and headed over to Fultons for some Portabella Mushroom Fries and Clams/Mussels. All good. Our waiter, Colin, was pretty funny too. Well at least my mom and daughter loved him cuz he hit me (it was all in fun). :)

Monday: Headed to AK. Bought ponchos before we got in. Thank goodness for them that day but got no use of them otherwise. Guess we'll pack them away and maybe use them next trip. Than my daughter's and I tickets wouldn't work. Do NOT put them in the same spot as your cellphone/cameras/etc. It was very easy to replace but they replace them with paper ones. Oh while waiting a really cute couple from a different country asked me to take their pic under "Guest Relations" LOL.

Next, went to It's Tough to be a Bug. Hardly any wait. LOVED the show, my 9 year old was actually a little shaky in a couple parts but came out loving it too. Next my daughter got her face painted, looked really good. I love that artists come in so many different ways. Grabbed a FP for safari and walked the nature thing next to it. I have to insert here, no matter how many times you say "Hey Max look at the mice. Look at the mice Max. Look at them. See them? Do you see them?" Naked mole rats will not turn into mice. Just FYI.

We did the safari (and passed up A lot of people...why doesn't everybody do fastpass???) and enjoyed it but the animals were not moving much (kinda expected that) and the poacher storyline...weak. But daughter still liked it. We were starving at this point so we headed to Rainforest Cafe.

Good food at Rainforest but horrible service. I went ahead and complained about the waitress (Sonya) to the manager just before we left. But as long as you don't get her...try the shrimp pizza..oh and ask not to sit near the waterfall if you want to hear convo. Next we hopped on the bus to head back to the hotel for a bit of a rest...

I'll add the rest of Monday and more tomorrow..gotta get to bed tonight! Take care :)

What are portabello mushroom fries? Sounds interesting.

What doesn't everyone use Fastpass? Good question for sure. It's hard to imagine but I think some people don't understand the process or know what it is.

I look forward to reading more...

Kristen

Lilmama21

Original Poster
The portabello mushroom fries were four slices of a portabello mushroom lightly battered and than a sauce poured over it (a little). They were served on top of these white noodley stuff. Nothing I can get in IL I'm sure.

I'm going to do the rest of my report later today, gotta a lot of typing to do LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom